What's new

D'Vorah to Have "One of the Best Fatalities" NRS Ever Did

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I see you're a fan of D'vorah :DOGE
I don't know what's worse. A swarm of wasps, flesh eating beetles, swarms of fire ants (those fire ant rafts after the Houston flooding were terrifying), or the whole bug that lays eggs inside of you stuff. So much potential for icky times. She's definitely going to end up being a character I look away from at the end of matches.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
as some fellows here said so, I think too it's something based on larvae/maggot incubation and then having them in a hungry frenzy eating the host from inside out ... kinda like braconid wasps do it in nature :D

Samsara

Resident Cynic
It's unreal how bad some of the fatalities are in MK11.
The only 'bad' fatality I've seen is Sonya. There's just a physical disconnect of her firing bullets that somehow have enough force to stop gravity and kick ppl up into a conveniently placed helicopter.

Where are those bullets even coming from. Her bracelets? NRS has always had trouble with guns having enough weight and believeability

I know realism isn't a thing in MK but that fatality is too contrived. I'd rather they had just made her Fatal Blow a fatality ending with their emaciated face getting stomped. It's just much cooler.

Scarlets heart fatality may seem tame but it's the right kind of clever. Not bad but it might just be a bit to simple. I like it though.

I'm not really excited for the fatalities at all; they're too long now. Fatalities were best when they were a quick 3-5 second FU to your opponent, but now they're a tedious, 15-second long cinematic. They lose their appeal pretty quickly.

Brutalities though, that's where it's at.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Top Tier Fatals
Both of Scorpions
Sub-Zero reverse spine Rip
Baraka brain food

High Tier
Skarlet blood spikes
Kabal drag n drop fillet -o - flesh

Acceptable Tier
Sub-Zero execution
Skarlet heart failure
Raiden's electrocute I guess??

Poor Tier
Geras nondescript punching?
Sonya helicopter bullshit

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I think they're more creative this time around. Most Fatalities have been rather sub-par in most games with the exception for a few. But so far, the ones in MK11 seems more thought through and interesting.

The only one I've been disappointed with is Geras'. It's just kinda weird and boring, doesn't make much sense. His Fatal Blow he stops time and conjures a sword of sand, chops people up etc... that's a lot more interesting! Hopefully his other Fatality will be better though. ^^

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
There are a million ways to kill your enemies with bugs or bug like abilities, that is why I love D’Vorah, bugs were always missing from Mortal Kombat AND Saw-movies. ;-)