What's new

D'vorah strategy, game plan, some kombo's

I am still testing some of these (my "main" is Baraka so I mess around with D'vorah when I need a break) but some are pretty cool. Here are some of my notes combining what Iconic Horror did in the OP and Dark Lord's video. This is ONLY for Arachniphobia in a but I DID test the 70% FB combo and it is legit IN THEORY. Good luck getting it in a match because to get max damage, your opponent needs to have all 5 bugs infected on them. I forgot to record the damage on the uninfected version but I am sure it is like 50 - 80 points lower.

Keep in mind the bugs from Fireflies/Swarm seem to last the whole match, not just a round. Apply them ASAP and save them for later, especially something like an amped Widow's Kiss, which gives you free damage.

You may need to test and switch around dashes or timing but these SHOULD work based on Dark Lords stuff. Some are actually fairly easy with some practice. Doing some of these feels rewarding as hell. Hitting them in a game will be pretty hype. Just pull the BIG Fatal one off once, it feels great.

MY GO-TO 1 METER BNB: f13 xx db1b amp 1 f13 xx bf4 (252 dmg)
Based on Iconic Horror's list, just with the infect ender. Easy to do, gives a re-stand, applied 1 bug for later. I mean it's not terrible. With how fast bar recharges in this game, this is fine. Plus you can get it from so far away.

The rest, still testing or switching. All the ones below without damage were posted earlier by Iconic Horror. All the ones with Damage are from Dark Lord's video. I may have tweaked a few but should be mostly the same. Just posted into one nice list. If you see errors, please let me know and I will correct them. End any combo in df4 for a re-stand. Nice in the cornerino.

KOMBOS - MID SCREEN
f22 xx db4

f22 xx db3 amp f22 xx df2
f22 xx db3 amp 121

j2 4 xx db1b amp f13 121 (303 dmg)
j2 4 xx db3 amp xx db1 j3 f13 xx db4 (301 dmg)
j2 4 xx db1 amp 21 db1 amp 1 bf4 - (310, applied fireflies, seems dark lord extends this with 21222 where opponent has to block or get hit)
j2 4 xx db1 amp 2 db1 amp 12 xx df2 (324)

f13 xx db1 amp f13 xx df2
f13 xx db1 amp 2 xx df2
f13 xx db1b amp 1 f13 xx df2 - the air grab ult to my go to bnb that Iconic Horror posted
f13 xx db1b amp dash 1 dash 121

KOMBOS - CORNER
f13 xx db1b amp d1 d1 d1 12 xx df2
f13 xx db1b amp d1 d1 d1 4 xx df2 (293 dmg)

j3 f13 d1 4 xx df2 (303 dmg, gotta hit deep)
j3 f12 d1 12 xx df2 (276 but easier)

j1 4 xx db1 amp f13 d1 4 xx df2 (358 dmg)
j1 4 xx db1 amp 4 xx db1 amp d1 d1 d1 4 xx bf4 (infect setup)

KRUSHING BLOW KOMBOS
df2 (KB) dash 4 xx db3 amp dd1 j3 d13 df2 (574 dmg)

CORNER - df2 (KB) j3 1 d1 d1 d1 4 df2 (459 dmg)

FATAL BLOW
df2 (KB) dash 4 xx db3 amp xx dd1 j3 dash f13 xx FB (724 dmg)
- the dashes are really micro dashes, the timing is brutal, the setup has to be perfect, and your opponent needs to have 5 bugs on them. With that said, it's ridiculous damage and shit like this shouldn't be easy. Remove the infected bugs and you still got some crazy damage.

FATAL BLOW ALTS
d2 (KB) f13 4 xx FB (535 dmg)
df2 (KB) dash 4 xx db1 amp dash 21 db1 amp 12 xx FB (641 dmg) - not tested yet but should work
MID - f13 xx db1 amp dash 1 dash 4 FB
MID - f13 xx db1 amp dash 1 dash 1 dash 4 FB
CORNER - f13 xx db1b amp d1 d1 d1 4 FB

Edit: corrected some of the corner strings.

Last edited:

Iconic Horror

Behold The Kingdom Of The Wretched Undying
I am still testing some of these (my "main" is Baraka so I mess around with D'vorah when I need a break) but some are pretty cool. Here are some of my notes combining what Iconic Horror did in the OP and Dark Lord's video. This is ONLY for Arachniphobia in a but I DID test the 70% FB combo and it is legit IN THEORY. Good luck getting it in a match because to get max damage, your opponent needs to have all 5 bugs infected on them. I forgot to record the damage on the uninfected version but I am sure it is like 50 - 80 points lower.

Keep in mind the bugs from Fireflies/Swarm seem to last the whole match, not just a round. Apply them ASAP and save them for later, especially something like an amped Widow's Kiss, which gives you free damage.

You may need to test and switch around dashes or timing but these SHOULD work based on Dark Lords stuff. Some are actually fairly easy with some practice. Doing some of these feels rewarding as hell. Hitting them in a game will be pretty hype. Just pull the BIG Fatal one off once, it feels great.

MY GO-TO 1 METER BNB: f13 xx db1b amp 1 f13 xx bf4 (252 dmg)
Based on Iconic Horror's list, just with the infect ender. Easy to do, gives a re-stand, applied 1 bug for later. I mean it's not terrible. With how fast bar recharges in this game, this is fine. Plus you can get it from so far away.

The rest, still testing or switching. All the ones below without damage were posted earlier by Iconic Horror. All the ones with Damage are from Dark Lord's video. I may have tweaked a few but should be mostly the same. Just posted into one nice list. If you see errors, please let me know and I will correct them.

KOMBOS - MID SCREEN
f22 xx db4

f22 xx db3 amp f22 xx df2
f22 xx db3 amp 121

j2 4 xx db1b amp f13 121 (303 dmg)
j2 4 xx db3 amp xx db1 j3 f13 xx db4 (301 dmg)
j2 4 xx db1 amp 21 db1 amp 1 bf4 - (310, applied fireflies, seems dark lord extends this with 21222 where opponent has to block or get hit)
j2 4 xx db1 amp 2 db1 amp 12 xx df2 (324)

f13 xx db1 amp f13 xx df2
f13 xx db1 amp 2 xx df2
f13 xx db1b amp 1 f13 xx df2 - the air grab ult to my go to bnb that Iconic Horror posted
f13 xx db1b amp dash 1 dash 121

KOMBOS - CORNER
f13 xx db1b amp d1 d1 d1 12 xx df2

j3 f13 d1 4 xx df2 (303 dmg)
j3 4 xx db1 amp f13 d1 4 xx df2 (358 dmg)

J2 4 xx db1 amp 4 xx db1 amp d1 d1 d1 4 xx bf4 (firefly setup)

KRUSHING BLOW KOMBOS
df2 (KB) j1 4 xx db1 amp j3 dash f13 xx df2 (465 dmg)
df2 (KB) j1 4 xx db1 amp dash 21 xx db1 amp 121 (487 dmg)
df2 (KB) dash 4 xx db3 amp dd1 j3 d13 df2 (574 dmg)

CORNER - df2 (KB) j3 1 d1 d1 d1 4 df2 (459 dmg)

FATAL BLOW
df2 (KB) dash 4 xx db3 amp xx dd1 j3 dash f13 xx FB (724 dmg)
- the dashes are really micro dashes, the timing is brutal, the setup has to be perfect, and your opponent needs to have 5 bugs on them. With that said, it's ridiculous damage and shit like this shouldn't be easy. Remove the infected bugs and you still got some crazy damage.

FATAL BLOW ALTS
d2 (KB) f13 4 xx FB (535 dmg)
df2 (KB) dash 4 xx db1 amp dash 21 db1 amp 12 xx FB (641 dmg) - not tested yet but should work
MID - f13 xx db1 amp dash 1 dash 4 FB
MID - f13 xx db1 amp dash 1 dash 1 dash 4 FB
CORNER - f13 xx db1b amp d1 d1 d1 4 FB
This is amazing! Thank you.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
particularly, I enjoy this string the most, because is easy to do it all the time middle screen :

f13 xx db1 amp s4 df2 - 256 dmg

love to do it as the final hit, to active her cool brutality, hehe :D

There is one more thing I want to mention that seems pretty cool with D'vorah in Arachnaphobia. Again, it's not like she's super good or anything, but her toolset is unique and you can still have fun with it. The game is what you make it.

Both f22 and standing 4 cancels into Widow's Kiss (db3). So you can hit f22/4 xx db3 amp xx db1 j3(kick) f13 xx db4/bf4/df2 (maybe? maybe you can even amp it for the re-stand?) and it switches up your combo a bit. If you can confirm the super long range f22, you can get decent damage out of it with this. If you have perfect timing AND fireflies applied already, you can (as above with the big 70% combo) land after Widow's Kiss and recall the bugs and still hit the db1 jump kick. You can also just do another f22 or f13 basic combo after Widow's kiss.

This is all super hard and so on but still. There's some pretty cool shit with her. I am sure there is more. Widow's Kiss alone is pretty funky. It is slow but I think it tracks, including teleports. if you make a hard read and use it on a Scorpion, seems it grabs him. I don't know, I suck at this game and need to test/practice more. Baraka is so easy to use and this girl has taken me a while to even understand how to use her normals. I am sure Buzzed is better in theory but fuck it, I like this variation and that's what I am going to keep using.

I also definitely like bf4 as an ender, especially if you can amp it. It seems when you use f13, or 21 as a combo ended, you can finish with bf4 amped to apply 5 bugs for the rest of the match. You can recall them and do it all over again too. They make a difference.

So if you land f13/21 xx bf4 amp, the next time you get a good knockdown with range or land an amped Widow's Kiss, you can safely recall the fireflies and you get free damage while doing a string you would have done anyway.

Just all theory crafting and food for thought here. I don't know what's optimal or good or bad. Just throwing things out there that seem cool. Better than being all sad and upset about the character or tier lists.

MuMuGuy

Noob
I don’t really like using meterless Swarm as an ender. D’Vorah’s buttons are so bad that she can often be poked by the opponent (MU dependent) and all D’Vorah can get from the restand and are either a throw attempt or a d1. Using EX Swarm as an ender is fantastic though.

My meterless enders of choice for Arachnophobia from a juggle are either Infested for damage or f13 that I cancel into meterless puddle for a set-up.

Iconic Horror

Behold The Kingdom Of The Wretched Undying
There is one more thing I want to mention that seems pretty cool with D'vorah in Arachnaphobia. Again, it's not like she's super good or anything, but her toolset is unique and you can still have fun with it. The game is what you make it.

Both f22 and standing 4 cancels into Widow's Kiss (db3). So you can hit f22/4 xx db3 amp xx db1 j3(kick) f13 xx db4/bf4/df2 (maybe? maybe you can even amp it for the re-stand?) and it switches up your combo a bit. If you can confirm the super long range f22, you can get decent damage out of it with this. If you have perfect timing AND fireflies applied already, you can (as above with the big 70% combo) land after Widow's Kiss and recall the bugs and still hit the db1 jump kick. You can also just do another f22 or f13 basic combo after Widow's kiss.

This is all super hard and so on but still. There's some pretty cool shit with her. I am sure there is more. Widow's Kiss alone is pretty funky. It is slow but I think it tracks, including teleports. if you make a hard read and use it on a Scorpion, seems it grabs him. I don't know, I suck at this game and need to test/practice more. Baraka is so easy to use and this girl has taken me a while to even understand how to use her normals. I am sure Buzzed is better in theory but fuck it, I like this variation and that's what I am going to keep using.

I also definitely like bf4 as an ender, especially if you can amp it. It seems when you use f13, or 21 as a combo ended, you can finish with bf4 amped to apply 5 bugs for the rest of the match. You can recall them and do it all over again too. They make a difference.

So if you land f13/21 xx bf4 amp, the next time you get a good knockdown with range or land an amped Widow's Kiss, you can safely recall the fireflies and you get free damage while doing a string you would have done anyway.

Just all theory crafting and food for thought here. I don't know what's optimal or good or bad. Just throwing things out there that seem cool. Better than being all sad and upset about the character or tier lists.
True. I'm being as optimistic as possible and getting as good as i possibly can while she's not as great so when she eventually does get
I don’t really like using meterless Swarm as an ender. D’Vorah’s buttons are so bad that she can often be poked by the opponent (MU dependent) and all D’Vorah can get from the restand and are either a throw attempt or a d1. Using EX Swarm as an ender is fantastic though.

My meterless enders of choice for Arachnophobia from a juggle are either Infested for damage or f13 that I cancel into meterless puddle for a set-up.
i rarely use swarm as an ender because i 1. play in buzzed 2. 90% of the time i go for strep setup. off of the swarm restand you can get a d4 usually and in buzzed d4 into strep at a range is generally safe.

xenogorgeous

f22 canceled into Window kiss is unblockable .... tested a lot with AI in Auto block and if you hit the first hit, you can do it without any problem , cause the stagger effect of the string guarantees the teleport to hit 100% of the cases

f22 cancelled into Window kiss is unblockable .... tested a lot with AI in Auto block and if you hit the first hit, you can do it without any problem , cause the stagger effect of the string guarantees the teleport to hit 100% of the cases
Yes, that's right. It works every time. The range on the f22 is so crazy that people don't expect it. You can get a decent combo out of out with amping Widow's Kiss as I mentioned. Like with god-like timing, you can combo f22 xx db3 amp db1 j3 f13 df2 for decent damage and lots of screen travel.

As for the bf4 (swarm) ender, I prefer df2 as well, but it was just an option/test for anyone interested. Ending with Swarm and then hitting people with that b4 at the range can be good due to the distance after swarm. Like I said, I am not very good at the game, still learning. It is all theorycrafting and points for better players to mess with. It is a way to consistently apply fireflies to get 5 by round 3 and take that guaranteed health from your opponent.

I still don't even know what to do with D'vorah as a punish for a slightly unsafe string, let alone anything complicated like the d1 "turn" exchange. Baraka who I play a lot has all these tools very easily accessible and requires no brain power to just f4 every time I block a string.

xenogorgeous

Yes, that's right. It works every time. The range on the f22 is so crazy that people don't expect it. You can get a decent combo out of out with amping Widow's Kiss as I mentioned. Like with god-like timing, you can combo f22 xx db3 amp db1 j3 f13 df2 for decent damage and lots of screen travel.

As for the bf4 (swarm) ender, I prefer df2 as well, but it was just an option/test for anyone interested. Ending with Swarm and then hitting people with that b4 at the range can be good due to the distance after swarm. Like I said, I am not very good at the game, still learning. It is all theorycrafting and points for better players to mess with. It is a way to consistently apply fireflies to get 5 by round 3 and take that guaranteed health from your opponent.

I still don't even know what to do with D'vorah as a punish for a slightly unsafe string, let alone anything complicated like the d1 "turn" exchange. Baraka who I play a lot has all these tools very easily accessible and requires no brain power to just f4 every time I block a string.
good overview .... Swarm to me it servers more like a tool ender to put variation into her basic string , as 1+2+ swarm , or 2+1+ swarm, kinda, a poor attempt to try to make her combo strings less predictable ....

as special move itself, Swarm is weak to use it isolated ... the move is almost as a poor design gimmick stuff inside her moveset

anyway, I played D'vorah a lot offline , and she is vey fun, very challenging to play, and with a bit of buffs, she can end being a very good character .... her d4 has insane good range , and her d3 combine with s3 seems good at mid range

good overview .... Swarm to me it servers more like a tool ender to put variation into her basic string , as 1+2+ swarm , or 2+1+ swarm, kinda, a poor attempt to try to make her combo strings less predictable ....

as special move itself, Swarm is weak to use it isolated ... the move is almost as a poor design gimmick stuff inside her moveset

anyway, I played D'vorah a lot offline , and she is vey fun, very challenging to play, and with a bit of buffs, she can end being a very good character .... her d4 has insane good range , and her d3 combine with s3 seems good at mid range
That sounds like a fair analysis. It would be cool if they took out the EX version and just make the regular move apply 5 bugs. Then at least the crappy damage or weird way it interacts with her strings (the amped version doesn't always connect with certain strings which is silly) would be worth it for the firefly recall. Or maybe, like you said, it's just a shitty gimmick and they gotta take it out or give it a re-think.

I think I am going to try buzzed next and I will do the same kind of combo sheet/write up for it, combining everything you guys wrote through these post's and Dark Lord's/that other guy who played Honeybee tech. Maybe I will have better luck with that variation. :) Even though I think Widow's Kiss is a really cool move.

Honestly buzzed is the only variation that has yhe toolset to deal with MOST matchups. Though still flawed from the speed of her buttons, the extenders to f22 and 121+3 Krushing Blow is definitely needed in all aspects since anything -10 or more with a decent pushback cannot be punished reliably with f1 unless your ready like noobs low into grab thats -17. She needs that krushing blow to make up for damage when she CAN punish something. Arach doesn't get that iirc

Honestly buzzed is the only variation that has yhe toolset to deal with MOST matchups. Though still flawed from the speed of her buttons, the extenders to f22 and 121+3 Krushing Blow is definitely needed in all aspects since anything -10 or more with a decent pushback cannot be punished reliably with f1 unless your ready like noobs low into grab thats -17. She needs that krushing blow to make up for damage when she CAN punish something. Arach doesn't get that iirc
A boy can dream though... a boy can dream.

I made a Buzzed post with some setups. It was very fun looking into that stuff. She definitely isn't amazing, but her playstyle is unique. A few fixes/buffs to her normals and I think she could be a really cool experience.