Votes: 11 29.7%
  • She's over the hill and plummeting... mid tier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • She's worse than a California Mom in her midlife crisis... Shit tier

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
So NRS nerfed D'vorah pretty heavily in the recent patch, generally rightfully so because the fact she has a 50/50 after a f112 WGC string was pretty broken not gonna lie. The major down side is NRS has now made an extremely high execution character into an extremely more HIGHER execution because there is less plus frames of F112 (previously 16, now 11 I believe), and her WGC combos are 3 frames harder to execute.

Well Fuck! D'vorah is just a useless character now and no one should ever bother picking her up!

No.. that is incorrect... She may not be able to have F22 or B1 following F112 be a frame trap, nor F112 into F112 be a frame trap, but she still has some very viable pressure options that makes her at the least top 5 still. Here I'm going to break down what jails and then how to create pressure strings/mixups from that

Frame Traps
F112 WGC Frame traps. It jails solidly into these strings and moves:

2, 21, 212
d4
d1
1,11,113 (On standing and crouching opponents, but if they time a d1 perfectly while you hit your first standing 1, d1 will go under standing 1 and connect. Beats armor however)

F112 WGC 2 (21,212) is one of the most important cancels. Hugely because standing 2 is plus on block (+2) which is a frame trap into d1, or you can stagger string into another F112, F22, Swarm, or d4. D'vorah is now a character of mind games. When will the opponent try to poke out and when can you call them out on it. Furthermore if you complete the 212 string it combos on hit for a 30+%

F112 WGC D4 is the other essential cancel. It jails the opponent but more importantly it starts the high low mixup game. If D4 is a frame trap after this then you can condition the opponent to block low, and when they expect the frame trap, that's when you go into F22 into a full combo. D4 into Swarm is now ESSENTIAL to being successful. #mixups

F112 WGC D1 is really just more useful for D1 swarm. Which is a gimmick but it's so plus that the opponent must respect the next attack on block.

F112 WGC 1/11/113 is more useful for the sake of stagger strings and mixups, 11 is neutral on block, 113 is neutral on block and ends with an overhead. 11 into d4 or 113 is good mixup item. Also useful to do 11 into throw because your recovery is so quick.

PRESSURE STRINGS AND FOLLOW UPS!!!! <3
So, with all that said here are some pure PRESSURE strings. No mixups included, this is more chip and throw oriented. Keep in mind that two stagger strings leads to full stamina no matter what, and two swarms/one swarm and one stagger string on block leads to full stamina.

Pressure options after F112 WGC, 2

Thus far, the only true extended frame trap string D'vorah has is:

F112 WGC, 2, D1/ D1 Swarm

With that said, there are some possible followups for the F112 WGC, 2 pressure string. D1 Swarm is useful because it'll catch all jump outs or counter pokes on hit.

F112 WGC, 2, Throw

Simple, yet effective. Does 15.25% total if the grab goes through.

F112 WGC, 2, D4/ D4 Swarm

My preferred pressure tool because d4 on hit is +19, granting a 50/50 followup. And there is a 7 frame gap between 2 and D4, making this move very difficult for characters with slow pokes to counter.

F112 WGC, 2, F112 WGC...

Best way to continue the pressure right here. 10 frame gap but it is hard to read due to the animation, but this is your main tool to continue WGC chip pressure.

F112 WGC, 2, F22/B1 Combo

The ballsiest of all the possibilities, but still effective if they are respecting the followup after the plus frames on standing 2. A 14 frame gap on the F22, and a 9 frame gap on the B1.

F112 WGC, 212, Combo

It's no secret, when opponents see D'vorah use her standing 2, they know it's time to try and poke out or counter poke. This beats the poke by simply continuing the combo. Also, 212 WGC is safe on block, even possible to do 212 WGC followup if they're respecting it. Or 212 WGC block to punish the poke/armor. (212 WGC can be poked or armored out of, but is safe on block)

Pressure options after F112 WGC, D4 (Assuming D4 Hits)

My preferred followup after F112 because it conditions the opponent to the block low frame trap, far easier for you to mix it up with the F22 overhead combo. D4 SWARM IS ESSENTIAL TO LEARN

F112 WGC, D4, F112 WGC/F22 Combo/ B1 Combo

D4 is so plus you get a free F112, F22, or run and b1 followup, so mix dat shit up as you see fit.

F112 WGC, D4 Swarm, F112 WGC/ F22 Combo/ B1 Combo

Swarm followup after D4 is soooo good. It requires the opponent to block the swarm (which does 1.63% chip) and it gives us a free 50/50 or more chip. #winning

Pressure options after
F112 WGC, 11/113

So, for some weird reason that happens to work out in our favor: standing one should hit high and miss crouching opponents, but after F112 WGC it still jails crouching opponents thus far in my testing. Both 11 and 113 and neutral on block, which gives us some really fun stagger string options. (Keep in mind there is a small gap that can be armored in the 11-3)

F112 WGC, 11, D4/F22 Combo

Pretty self explanatory, 113 ends in an overhead, they expect the overhead, you hit them with the low and go for mas pressure. When they expect the low just go for the F22 combo. Woof woof, wins.

F112 WGC, 113, D1/D1 Swarm

This is a test of who can press d1 the fastest because most characters have a 7 frame d1 like D'vorah. May the quickest trigger finger win!

F112 WGC, 11 WGC, Throw.

This is mostly for swag's sake because you can just do 11 - Throw, without the WGC. But damn it just looks soooo cool, and I've never had anyone react fast enough to this because the throw comes out so quickly

F112 WGC, 11 WGC, 2 (whatever the fuck ya wanna do next. #PlusStringLife)

Hard, very hard to pull off. Might need your fingers to do some olympic gymnastics, but it's doable. Very hard to react to and does descent chip: 4.75% + whatever your followup after standing 2 is.

Now! We can put all this pressure shenanigans together into these possible strings

• Keep in mind that two Swarms or two stagger strings or one of each in a row = refilling of Stamina.
  • After every blocked Swarm, Every hit D4, or if they respect F112 cancel, you can use the high low mixup

F112 WGC, 2, F112, 11, D4, Swarm (Stamina Refilled) F112, 2, throw (With D4 and throw hitting: 26.63%)

F112 WGC, D4, F112, 2, Swarm, F11, Throw/113/D4/F112 WGC (Stamina Refilled), 11, WGC, Throw
(You can do whatever after your stamina refilled, but with D4 and Throw hitting: 25.5%)

F112 WGC, 2, D1, F112 WGC, 113, D1 Swarm, B12 Airthrow (With D1 hitting: 31.13%, With throw instead of low: 26.13%, With F22: 45.13%)

F112 WGC, 11 WGC, 2, D4 Swarm, F112 WGC, Throw (23.38% with D4)

F112 WGC, 2, F112 WGC, 11, D4 Swarm, F22 Combo (Midscreen with D4: 42.38%. Corner: 45.38%)

F112 WGC, 2, D4 Swarm, F112 WGC, F22 Combo (Midscreen with D4: 42.38%. Corner: 44.38%)

So, in conclusion I'd say D'vorah is still top 5 without a doubt. Raiden has corner carry combos, psshhh, bitch we got corner carry pressure strings that do 25+% chip with a throw and 30-50% of your life with a successful mixup.

@Take$$$

@Vak Phoenix
@Zoidberg747
@HoneyBee
@Under_The_Mayo
@Blind_Ducky
@ChatterBox
@TopTierHarley

Excellent thread, I'd say she's still top 5 material it's just that the timing on B1 and 112 WGCs is downright frustrating without a true reason.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Top 5. Not broke anymore though. She just has a lot of superior tools. Doesn't 50/50 you to death anymore making her a more fair top tier character. Still strong af

I got the f22 wasp cancel 212 down online though. It takes a while to get used to.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Great thread though. A few of these shenanigans I been using but you put it all on paper. Glad to know that d4 swarm is as good as I thought it was

KillaGthug4Life

d4 WGC into throw is a person favorite as well
yes! I do love the d4 WGC. I haven't used it as much because the WGC is slower it's easier to counter.. but safer on block opposed to D4 Swarm. Yes I think she's a fair top 5 character with good tools but nothing broken. Corner Carry combos an Corner Carry pressure may be a tiny bit OP.. but I'll take it.

KNX

Noob
I find using Swarm Vortex in pressure strings very gimmicky. The entire cast can punish it with a full combo on reaction and good players will combo you every single time.

KillaGthug4Life

I find using Swarm Vortex in pressure strings very gimmicky. The entire cast can punish it with a full combo on reaction and good players will combo you every single time.
The only punishable Swarm Vortex Gimmick I used was standing 2 into Swarm once. And true it is punishable, but hard to react to. D4 into Swarm, on hit they are forced to block. Should they try to armor, jump, or poke, we get a full combo.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
The only punishable Swarm Vortex Gimmick I used was standing 2 into Swarm once. And true it is punishable, but hard to react to. D4 into Swarm, on hit they are forced to block. Should they try to armor, jump, or poke, we get a full combo.
I haven't found this to be true. I was playing my friends Kung Lao, and he was jumping out of D4 swarm on hit every time.

KNX

Noob
Probably character specific but I'm pretty sure some characters can punish you even if D4 hits.

Even then if D4 hits, you are getting advantage whereas if they block you eat a combo...

In situations where I'm confident D4 will land after a bunch of conditioning, I either WC like the guy a few posts above said or just go into raw 50/50. Overall safer than committing to Swarm.

KillaGthug4Life

Probably character specific but I'm pretty sure some characters can punish you even if D4 hits.

Even then if D4 hits, you are getting advantage whereas if they block you eat a combo...

In situations where I'm confident D4 will land after a bunch of conditioning, I either WC like the guy a few posts above said or just go into raw 50/50. Overall safer than committing to Swarm.
Never hurts to have it in your back pocket, but yes I agree those are always very successful options. Generally the point of the d4 swarm on hit is to give your time enough for stamina to recharge, otherwise yes I would resort to those options.

I've been looking to pick her up for a while, I was just afraid of the WGC combos until I actually hopped in Training Mode and was able to land F22 WGC pretty consistently. Now I'm just itching to play her

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
how are you guys doing the cancels on block ? the timing is different for on hit and block so it kinda throws me off

KillaGthug4Life

how are you guys doing the cancels on block ? the timing is different for on hit and block so it kinda throws me off
I've found that after the patch it's best to wait until you see the Wasp Grenade actually pop out before you try the cancel. It's honestly just practice over and over and over again till you get it to muscle memory. She has a huge timing learning curve so be patient.

I've found that after the patch it's best to wait until you see the Wasp Grenade actually pop out before you try the cancel. It's honestly just practice over and over and over again till you get it to muscle memory. She has a huge timing learning curve so be patient.
You're right about the patience part. The forward+1,1 and forward+2,2 bug cancel on hit I can land pretty consistently. The 1,1,2 bug cancel on hit is the issue...once i get those consistently I will work on them on block.

x TeeJay o

You're right about the patience part. The forward+1,1 and forward+2,2 bug cancel on hit I can land pretty consistently. The 1,1,2 bug cancel on hit is the issue...once i get those consistently I will work on them on block.
yeah ive been using dvorah before they patched her and they just screwed up my muscle memory thats all. but yes the most irrate part is the f112 wc on block. so strict now

yeah ive been using dvorah before they patched her and they just screwed up my muscle memory thats all. but yes the most irrate part is the f112 wc on block. so strict now
I haven't begun on the ones that are on block, I'm still working on the ones that are on hit. I gotta take baby steps. I'm old

KillaGthug4Life

F112 on block into 2 is a bitch to make a frame trap. Only about 1 or 2 frames of freedom. It's far easier to frame trap into d4, so that's what I use more often.

x TeeJay o

F112 on block into 2 is a bitch to make a frame trap. Only about 1 or 2 frames of freedom. It's far easier to frame trap into d4, so that's what I use more often.
Really? Time to start using that then cause I swear everytime I play my friends they always armour right through f112 wc 2. Sometimes it jails, sometimes nope get blown up

Last edited:

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Really? Time to start using that then cause I swear everytime I play my friends they always armour right through f11 wc 2. Sometimes it jails, sometimes nope get blown up
You are not plus after f1,1 WC2 and it does not jail. Only f,1,1 2 WC on block is safe. Every other WC on block can be armored, punished or backdashed if you commit to any attack afterwards.