What's new

Duel Mod/Multi Console Hitboxes now available

Goldi

Noob
http://www.HitBoxArcade.com is now accepting pre orders for Ps3/360/PC compatible hitboxes. I got the following e mail this morning.

Greetings from Hit Box!

As an original founder of Hit Box, you deserve first opportunity to pre-order the new multi-console PS360+ Edition Hit Box.

The PS360+ Edition Hit Box works on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC via USB. It also contains an RJ-45 port for additional console support. An RJ-45 to PSX cord is an optional purchase for $10.00 USD extra to allow your Hit Box to work on your PS1 and PS2 as well.

This new edition of Hit Box is in limited supply and high demand with no projected restocking date. This letter is an invitation to pre-order, but supply is first come first serve. Once they are sold out, they will not be available for pre-order until further notice.

We expect to ship all pre-orders out in the month of June, 2012.

Features

- Compatible with: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC
- RJ45 Port (Optional PSX Cord Available for More Multi-console)
- Sturdy Metal Case (16" x 7" x 2")
- Professional Powder Coat of Black Paint
- Artwork Underneath Plexiglass
- Easy Button Replacement / Modification with Quick Disconnects
- Proven, Patented, Ergonomic Hit Box Layout
- Akishop Customs PS360+ PCB (SOCD Firmware Controlled)
- 15' USB Detachable Cable with Velcro Strap
- Authentic Sanwa Buttons (24mm & 30mm)
- Rubber Feet for Support and Stability
- Cases Made in USA
- Plexiglass / Artwork Made in USA
- Hit Boxes Assembled in USA

All transactions are securely handled through PayPal and Google Checkout through our online store.

Please follow this link and log into our web site to complete your pre-order: http://www.hitboxarcade.com/Purchase.aspx

Attachments

I was going to try a hitbox when they were first announced and asked to see if they could make them with Happ buttons. The makers came up with some BS excuse that the Happ or any other American parts can't be used because aparently, Japanese hardware gave the stick an optimal performance when they tested it.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I was going to try a hitbox when they were first announced and asked to see if they could make them with Happ buttons. The makers came up with some BS excuse that the Happ or any other American parts can't be used because aparently, Japanese hardware gave the stick an optimal performance when they tested it.
gotta get one custom made then. :)

Saint

Noob
sturdy, well-made, feel great.
I was more thinking of how long they last if that makes any sense lol

Because I've had my Hori stick for over a year with hundreds of hours and it's still in its original parts working amazingly well

Goldi

Noob
My first hitbox (from around October 2011) is still in great working order. And I've done quite a bit of traveling with it. The only difficulties I've had came from having it custom duel modded. So it will be nice to have a back up for just in case.

I think this one will be green.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I was more thinking of how long they last if that makes any sense lol

Because I've had my Hori stick for over a year with hundreds of hours and it's still in its original parts working amazingly well
ah. well, seeing how they is no stick, these should last a longer amount of time imo.
whats the damage on one of these? The original isnt exactly cheap wonder what dual mod will add.
yea i'd like to know as well.

Trippfan

That Bob Ross Guy.....
whats the damage on one of these? The original isnt exactly cheap wonder what dual mod will add.
I can guess that from the ps3/pc cost of 159.99 it would probably run between 200-250 before shipping. The absolute lowest I can see it sell for is maybe and i stress the maybe 185.99 as they only have to install one board in it unlike dual modding with a ChImp.

Goldi

Noob
Mine was $255.00. I spent the extra $10 for the cord that makes it run for PS1 and 2 though I sorta doubt I'll be using it. Still, not bad for a controller that's compatible with 5 systems!

iroku

Noob
ill make you a custom one in Europe dual modded, hitbox with a stick if you even want to... just saying...

25$ x box 360 controller
35$ Chimp
3$ a button (*15)=45$
18$ wood for box wire and connectors
total 123$ no art no stick dual modded ps3/x box 360 from scratch (add laboring expenses if you re not building it yourself id say 50$ no artwork, a lot with a good paint job and artwork)

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
These cost $225.

You also have to be on their list to be able to preorder. If you got the email, you are on the list. If you didn't get an email that means you are not eligible for a pre-order of one of these, and will have to wait until they start shipping them in June. I got the same email and then did some background checking and question asking.

I ordered one cause I want something official that I can use so I can start entering locals. I still have the one I made last summer, and am making another one from scratch, I just want the official one in case I fuck something up so I can still start playin tourneys.

Metroll

Noob
They bumped up the price of about $50 from the original one, that's not bad since you can play it both on ps3/xbox! I've been waiting for this one forever!

250 is allot. they probably only pay $2 or less for the buttons buying bulk. Then if they use a paewang PCB that is forty. A cheap sheet metal box with 2 dollar of plexiglass. I guess advertising, and design add up. But they should go down the more they start to sell.

Tim Static

Adminerator
250 is allot. they probably only pay $2 or less for the buttons buying bulk. Then if they use a paewang PCB that is forty. A cheap sheet metal box with 2 dollar of plexiglass. I guess advertising, and design add up. But they should go down the more they start to sell.
If you bought the $160 PS3/PC and got it dual modded, with parts and labor, thats over $100. $250 is a pretty good deal in reality.

If you bought the $160 PS3/PC and got it dual modded, with parts and labor, thats over $100. $250 is a pretty good deal in reality.
They should just use paewang pcbs and sell them all multiconsole right out of the box. Do you think they dual mod what they have already built or just use a multiconsole PCB and start from new?

EDIT? Do they have there own PCBs made for them, or do they use other companies?

Tim Static

Adminerator
They should just use paewang pcbs and sell them all multiconsole right out of the box. Do you think they dual mod what they have already built or just use a multiconsole PCB and start from new?

EDIT? Do they have there own PCBs made for them, or do they use other companies?
Its not exactly legal to sell them MC like they do, but until someone tells them to stop..... But Im not sure what they are doing. They use the same stuff we can buy and use.

Its not exactly legal to sell them MC like they do, but until someone tells them to stop..... But Im not sure what they are doing. They use the same stuff we can buy and use.
I always wondered why they did not make fight sticks multi console out of the box.