What's new

Video/Tutorial Drop ~2d21 set up

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
Hey guys,

I was looking a sneaky way to slip in a combo "reset" of sorts while our opponents are thinking about the upcoming HKD scenario.

This set up can be (from my mind) done off of a F3 whiff (in combo, see vid) or a BGB. But maybe you guys can find more?

Caveats - not a HKD but I have caught tech rolls with it (not consistent), loses to wake ups, loses to holding down, timing can be a bit tough, b3 off of 2d21 is a bit weird.

Depending on fall speed (from which combos you use) makes this better, or easier to read.

2d21 is -5 on block so it's safe, 2d2 is +3

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
I was doing this earlier and mixed it up with 2d21 or 2d23 or 2d2 cat claws. I like claws the best cause if blocked you are still safe but if it hits you can b3 or f2 MB cat dash.

Ecodus

I was doing this earlier and mixed it up with 2d21 or 2d23 or 2d2 cat claws. I like claws the best cause if blocked you are still safe but if it hits you can b3 or f2 MB cat dash.
Right on, but if you're safe either way, 2d2 is a frame trap is you f/u with d1 Catclaws, but it is a much easier launcher, it's a good point.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Cat claws actually gets punised by BG, Lex, and Flash as far as I know. Its -7. So no its not safe :)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I remember doing something similar with f.2 d.3 1 since it pops them up while doing a similar thing.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Cat claws actually gets punised by BG, Lex, and Flash as far as I know. Its -7. So no its not safe :)

Well -7 doesn't tell the complete story. The move has pushback so you have to consider travel time. Lex cannot ever punish Claws. Babs can only do it if she's cornered. I think Flash is the only one who can all the time.

Ecodus

Well -7 doesn't tell the complete story. The move has pushback so you have to consider travel time. Lex cannot ever punish Claws. Babs can only do it if she's cornered. I think Flash is the only one who can all the time.
Can MMH punish with trait d+1~special?

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Actualky babs can punish it after everything. I didnt know that at FR. If you do b121 Cw or F112 Cw or d1 cw, free reversal. I tested it and couldnt block. Not sure abou lex, i just assumed.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Actualky babs can punish it after everything. I didnt know that at FR. If you do b121 Cw or F112 Cw or d1 cw, free reversal. I tested it and couldnt block. Not sure abou lex, i just assumed.

I tried it last night in open space and couldn't. Will try again.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Young @SonicFox5000 you are right. I was using the CPU training mode reversal to test it. I guess the CPU doesn't do a reversal at the earliest possible frame. Looks like Lex truly cannot though.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
For WW you can condition the CW on knockdown to pretty much never wake up(unless she has trait) due to SS. Her f1 punishes cat claws every time, just make sure you're holding down to block and not back or else she'd be just out of range. And well everything else is full combo punishable

This drop combo is awseome, gimmicky and easy to block when you know its comming but really catches some people off guard. I also found something else, while I was in the lab. If you do the cat claws, f2, mb whiff cat dash , into whiff f3 if you let it drop you can do a quick f1 and corpse walk, into another combo.

Seems like this is the tip of the iceberg. Was having fun trying to make this work in other situation with 1-f2 ender and coudn t come up with a consistent way of making it work. Would love to have you guys see what you come up with.

Been lurking in these forums for a while... happy to contribute.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Sometimes I do this, and if they know to block it, I don't just let them fall and then do F1. Then I LOLOLOLOLOL all over myself.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
I use this quite a bit myself. Most opponents won't pick up on the whole combo drop aspect after the F3 and I always use a F112 starter because it goes through a lot of wake-ups, and if they start to stop waking up out of fear and stand block, I go for B12-d3 >: )