What's new

Dreamhack Summer 2016 MKXL Cup International Finals Results

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Dreamhack hosted the MK XL Cup Finals on June 19th, 10 players who qualified by winning different tournaments in Poland, France, UK, South Africa, Italy, UAE, Spain, Sweden competed for a prizepool of 13.000 € and a paid trip to EVO 2016.

I had a lot of fun, meeting some friends again and knowing in person new people like Ketchup and Mustard was great. The tournament run perfectly except for a few audio issues, but nothing relevant.
I won't spoil the results for the ones who have not watched the matches, but we had a lot of interesting sets (the video link is right under!).

Congratulations to the winner, and best luck for EVO! @A F0xy Grampa , @Madzin @STB MrAquary , @Nivek , @Frizen , @Sho_Kahn , @x-azeez , @PND_Ketchup , @PND_Mustard

Results:
1) PXP/Afoxygrampa (Piercing)
2) PLG/TekkenMaster (Swarm Queen, War God, Piercing, Impostor)
3) PND/Madzin (Grandmaster, Blood God, Shotgun)
4) STB/MrAquary (Demolition, Covert Ops)
5-6) EG/Nivek (Thundergod, Acidic, Shiray Ryu)
5-6) Asodimazze (A-List, Acidic)
7-8) Frizen (Tempest, Piercing, Acidic)
7-8) PLG/X-Azeez (War God, Impostor)
9-10) Karnff7 (Piercing)
9-10) Sho_Khan (Gunslinger, Hollywood)

Bracket : https://www.toornament.com/tournaments/576655ef150ba065568b4569/stages/1

Attachments

shura30

Shura
eu needs more attention
we have the numbers we have the skills but we really need something to boost our tournament numbers

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
Dreamhack was like... a dream!! I had the best time!!
Happy to see soooo many people again and meet some new ones!!
I hope i will see again everyone soon ;)
Edit: @Asodimazze the @people dont work on the first post..i accidentally saw it :p

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
grats to all competitors!!

it's such a shame, that the nordic & other qualifiers were region locked though
rip
I totally agree with this....It's just unfair that some countries hosted events open to every player in the world and some others had tournaments restricted to residents.

For the next MKXL or Injustice 2 Cups WB should make up his mind and give everyone the same opportunities.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I totally agree with this....It's just unfair that some countries hosted events open to every player in the world and some others had tournaments restricted to residents.

For the next MKXL or Injustice 2 Cups WB should make up his mind and give everyone the same opportunities.
Imo all qualifiers should be region locked, so the qualifier of each region actually represents that region.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Imo all qualifiers should be region locked, so the qualifier of each region actually represents that region.
Disagree man

This EU main gate to having true majors

Look at Viennality about 100 people entered you can't go wrong

But I do see your logic I'm just stating my own agendas outside of the Cup

I guess also for Selfish reasons as I would more than likely never make the cup since I be in Foxys region lol

ismael4790

Disagree man

This EU main gate to having true majors

Look at Viennality about 100 people entered you can't go wrong

But I do see your logic I'm just stating my own agendas outside of the Cup

I guess also for Selfish reasons as I would more than likely never make the cup since I be in Foxys region lol
With qualifiers not being region locked, you could have absurd situations like an Mk Cup European final where all players are american.

I'm not against tournaments that let people from around the world participate, that's cool and for sure the level is higher. But regional qualifiers lose sense if they are not region locked. I see your point, but you have to look for the common good xD

IrishMantis

With qualifiers not being region locked, you could have absurd situations like an Mk Cup European final where all players are american.

I'm not against tournaments that let people from around the world participate, that's cool and for sure the level is higher. But regional qualifiers lose sense if they are not region locked. I see your point, but you have to look for the common good xD
Well we could ban outside EU lol

But good point yeah

You can have your Spain, Portugal and Canary Island locked qualifier :p

JK was there even a Spanish Qualifier this year?

ismael4790

Well we could ban outside EU lol

But good point yeah

You can have your Spain, Portugal and Canary Island locked qualifier :p

JK was there even a Spanish Qualifier this year?
Yep, it was, though I didn't play it.
It was also region locked, through "Liga Oficial Playstation". They gave 0 prizes for qualifying xD
Unlike in the first mkcup, it was online.

IrishMantis

Yep, it was, though I didn't play it.
It was also region locked, through "Liga Oficial Playstation". They gave 0 prizes for qualifying xD
Unlike in the first mkcup, it was online.
Yeah like the Italuan one too but in fairness he message me before and after he won it not agreeing with it being region locked and wished it was an open offline one