What's new

Dragon's breath krushing blow bug

asmith

Noob
It says if the Nunchaku overhead is done after the low, it triggers KB. But it doesn't work if it is cancelled in a block string or even a combo. It must be done as a standalone move ONLY. That's a bug, right?

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Unfortunately I don't believe so, a lot of the KBs in the game are like this.

Geras has one with his non Infinite Warden DB2 where it has to hit as a counter or punish 3 times in a row for the kb to activate. Can't be cancelled into, has to be the stand alone special, its pretty dumb.

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
No I really think it’s a bug. The only string that appears to work consistently is F43.

So if you do F43 into the low and then follow that up with F43 into the OH, the KB will trigger.

Believe it’s supposed to be designed so after you do the low from NS, the NEXT attack from NS must be the OH. In other words you should be able to store it if you connect the low, go on with the match, and then when you do NS again you can get the OH crushing blow so long as you don’t do another low or cancel or command grab.

But like I said, only seems to work when you do F43 prior to the stance.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
It says if the Nunchaku overhead is done after the low, it triggers KB. But it doesn't work if it is cancelled in a block string or even a combo. It must be done as a standalone move ONLY. That's a bug, right?
As far as I know you can do:

F43 canceled into Nunchuku Stance low then overhead and just raw.

But it doesn't seem to work with any other buttons. Most of the buttons don't combo into the overhead but F43 does.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Personally I think his F4 nerf was mindless and only to shut up the "hate"
I agree but I wouldn't mind if the nerfed it to 10 frames instead of 11. He hasn't git any range and his whole f4 hate came from the option he had after the f43 (mainly low fireball). So basically Liu without a low fireball or a parry isn't a pressure menace they all cried about. Which means his other two variation are not so much of a big deal. Especially wushi legend.

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
I agree but I wouldn't mind if the nerfed it to 10 frames instead of 11. He hasn't git any range and his whole f4 hate came from the option he had after the f43 (mainly low fireball). So basically Liu without a low fireball or a parry isn't a pressure menace they all cried about. Which means his other two variation are not so much of a big deal. Especially wushi legend.
Give Dragon’s Breath a chance. Has better pressure than you would think. If you have twitch, watch Silverrye stream. He mains DB right now and very effectively at that.

With that said - I also agree that they went a tad overboard with the nerf. I’ve been saying that if F4 got nerfed then add a little more advancing range to it to compensate since it’s quite stubby compared to most fast advancing mids.

If you notice, the strike/throw game decreases quite a bit now too bc no one fears F4 like at all. So you gotta rely on the riskier 12 mind games more which are both true highs so... Which is whatever. Just give us fast stance cancels to compensate and I would be good. No reason for them to be so butt cheeks negative