What's new

Dragonball Creator Akira Toriyama passed away - Tell us what you loved about his work!

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Akira Toriyama, the creator of Dragon Ball and the artist behind Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger, and numerous other works, has died. He was 68.

News of Toriyama's passing was made public by the official Dragon Ball Z X (formerly Twitter) account on March 7. According to the statement, Toriyama died due to an acute subdural hematoma.

The GOAT man.. I remember being blown away by the Raditz fight, excited as hell to come home after school in those new episode months. When I had to write those "where were you on 9/11?" essay questions, I answered that I was at home watching the US airing of OG Dragonball. Chrono Trigger one of the best games. Iconic artstyle. The Dragonball series did so many good things in recent years too. All this great stuff and he seemed like a fun guy too. RIP

What are your memories?

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I just knew dragon ball z. It was the first anime I ever remember watching - I didnt understand a single fucking thing, but liked it regardless. Tv stations here in Brazil would air the story arcs over and over again, it basically was present in the childhood of every 90's kid

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Was the 2nd anime I've ever watched (I found Yu Yu Hakusho first) and fell in love. I remember cartoon network doing a marathon of uncut episodes and recorded my favorite episodes on VHS, wish I still had them.

Got BT3 and remember a friend spending the night trying to beat Frieza's ass. I fell off DB shortly after but played FighterZ for a bit, and even got a little giddy when they were adding Cooler and Janemba since they were my favorite designs in the series.

Big part of my childhood and my friends', RIP Toriyama