What's new

Question downslash wont come without doing upslah

Ksmoke

skarlet is back!!
I found that sometimes after red dash that downslash wont come out unless i upslash first. I usually catch jumpers wit it and immediately u3 into combo cause u3 auto corrects everytime. Or ex dash downslash when i catch them doing certain normals or specials. But some matches it wont come out. It doesnt happen often but it definitly happens. I noticed it in practice and didnt take it to serious until it started happening in matches. I really have to red dash upslash or red dash downslash will never come out. Ex or regular red dash. I thought it was something i was doing wrong but i doubt it. Anyone else notice this? If this has been brought up before i apologize. I just wanna know whats going on. Thanks in advance.

ryublaze

Noob
How are you inputting it? Maybe you're used to the negative edge for red dash up slash? For red dash downslash I input it like this:

D, F, 3, B, 2 (or just B2)

For red dash up slash you can just do D, F, 3, 2 (hold F)

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
It must be something you're doing wrong, unfortunately. There's no systematic issue as to why Skarlet's down-slash doesn't come out.

Ksmoke

skarlet is back!!
The way I do it is df3 b2 or df3 f2. I always did it this way cause it seemed so much easier. But I noticed after the patch sometimes downslash wouldn't come out. Thanks guys. I will start doing that way from now on. Btw I watch both of u play and yal use skarlet so well. U guys are beast with her. And are the reason I'm as good as I am with her. Thanks for the knowledge guys