What's new

Double Time Setups

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Felt like this move deserves its own thread. What are the main ways people are setting this up, and what sequences do you use? IMO this tool is really strong and generally underutilized, considering Geras has a totally different bar economy than any other character.

Main setups I've seen are off of f12 in a combo, or hail mary'ing it off of a blocked b1.

There seem to be 2 relatively common sequences:

Low, Low, OH, Low Low: Clone programmed for 21, f22 > main Geras does f22
Command grab launch: Clone programmed for (down down for timing) s1, b12 > main Geras does df2, can pick up the launch with a ji2

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I mess around with a ton of kameos and stuff trying to find fun things for Geras, but this is my actual go-to setup when I'm playing a match

Program clone to do f4, delay then 2,1. Then you have your Geras do the opposite.
So they have to block low, overhead, low, overhead, low.
You can also reverse the order of what you and the clone do to shift the timing so they can't get comfortable and fuzzy block everything.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I mess around with a ton of kameos and stuff trying to find fun things for Geras, but this is my actual go-to setup when I'm playing a match

Program clone to do f4, delay then 2,1. Then you have your Geras do the opposite.
So they have to block low, overhead, low, overhead, low.
You can also reverse the order of what you and the clone do to shift the timing so they can't get comfortable and fuzzy block everything.
From your video, looks like this isn't a true combo though? Will be definitely hard for them to block but it looks like the combo drops and they're able to block again after the first f4/21.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
From your video, looks like this isn't a true combo though? Will be definitely hard for them to block but it looks like the combo drops and they're able to block again after the first f4/21.
Yeah it flat out wont fully combo (seemingly) no matter what. You can see in this clip I hit him with the setup and Geras' f4 will not combo from the clone's 2. But in the second part Geras' F4 does connect after the clone's 2,1. Might just be a timing issue on my part.