What's new

Question - Covert Ops double mix up

omooba

fear the moobs
is there a way around her double mix up? like back dashing or jumping or armoring. or does she just get a free mix up every time she touches you

Dedlock

Noob
Sonya has poor range backdashing is effective, but what do you mean by double mix up? Can you describe the move.

Any Military Stance can be armoured through or backdashed. I think you can even armour through the gap between the b14 starter. I know Kung Jin can anyway because I had to start cancelling into a parry after b14 to catch an opponent armouring through it.

skater11

The saltiest
Space Sonya out..if it's a nooby Sonya player chances are he will be doing b14 into MS all day + DKs. Learn to block accordingly and full punish. B3 has short range so you don't really have to worry about it unless you're at point blank range. Learn to stay out of b1 range and when full screen stay on the lookout for a whiffed dive kick.
After punishing the opponent's MS4 they will most likely try to mix it up with grab(1) or low(3). If you are cornered you can hold jump and NJP for a full punish. It covers both options.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Her projectile does, what, 4%?
She has to get in, there's no way around it.

The faster armored moves in the game can interrupt Sonya when she cancels into MS.
They can also interrupt b14: b1(interrupt)4.
At max range you can't interrupt it, but most likely the 4 will whiff at max range anyway = no combo for Sonya.

skater11

The saltiest
^ yes. If you have the life lead, or up a round... Just zone her out and make her waste meter on her db4.

Orbit Aquary

Want a balloon?
Taking about her overhead or low into military stance.

Both the over head and low in military stance stuff armor
Well it depends which armored attack you use of course, but there's really no need to armor. Just block low and react to the overhead, then punish.

omooba

fear the moobs
So far you guys have been very helpful. I had no idea about the gaps where you can armor. However I doubt I can zone her cause of her divekick.
Well it depends which armored attack you use of course, but there's really no need to armor. Just block low and react to the overhead, then punish.
But grab though :'(

Jaiyson

100% Jamaican
Ok here is what I do against sonya ..and Im speaking from experience... from Mileena or Kung Jin perspective..

On block If Sonya b14 or low starter into MS, you can armor with MB roll or MB staff spin .. If however you dont wanna use meter , you can backdash. Mileena can reversal roll before cartwheel or grab comes out but she gotta respect Sonya's low cause without meter you will get hit out of reversal roll.. both characters can Neutral jump all options ( gotta test that thou) .. You can also d1 or use standing 1 or your fastest normal to interrupt Sonya out of cartwheel and grab..

When Sonya knocks you down, thats where things get tricky...cuz she can run up and 50/50...backdashing with my two characters seems crazy cuz her 50/50 still catches. plus if your character's wakeups can be parried she can cancel her strings in mb parry on your wakeup and full combo again for her.. Its frustrating fighting against her and its tough keeping her out ... gotta train yourself to react to her overhead low...block low at first and react to overhead..