What's new

Double Helix Release Another Teaser for a Female Character in Killer Instinct at Gamescom

Elder God

Power!
New game need new characters, good! but all the classics chars or no?
If this char substitute any classics char is a bad choice, die for Lobb.., we need all roster of the K1 and K2, small roster, 20 chars is perfect, dou you can imagine new design for Eyedol or Gargus?
Millena and Zafina Dragon ball fusion = Millefina!! HA!

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Nice, unexpected marketing turn to release a new character, without the name, a brief glance, after revealing several old characters. Though I'm disappointed that it's still not Orchid.
Chances are though, that they'll reveal her last.

The animation and the models need a lot of work to not clip through each other and look glitchy. The hit boxes need about as much work too, but overall I like it so far.

HAAAAAAAA SHE IS CALLED WOLKA DO YOU REALLY THINK THE ANNOUNCER WOULD SAY WELCOME . NEEEEH ITS EITHER WOLKA /WILKA AND IT FITS HER PERFECTLY ROMANIAN / POLISH LOOK You heard it first from Project MrE

HitBox CToss

ESPURTS
Real talk, if you haven't been to any location tests and physically touched buttons with your sweaty hairy fingers then you have no right to judge how the game plays. The game has an incredible flow to it, extremely fun and intense neutral game, and prediction based combat during combos is something that is extraordinarily welcome.

"Lolz XBONE fuk that, no one will miss you Killed Instinct" If you're so god damn ignorant and fanboyism runs through your hairy body so much that you put down a game because of the console it releases on? You don't deserve to be part of the FGC, plain and simple. Console exclusivity has always been an issue in the past, did we care when we had to run to an arcade and throw money at a machine to play a couple rounds of MK? I didn't, so if this game is god damn bootlicious and it's on Xbox One, do I care that I have to play it on Xbox One? Hell no, and if you do, like Slamtastic said, no one will miss your ignorant pathetic biased.

TL; DR KI haters are biased ignorant scum.

HitBox CToss

ESPURTS
Back on topic, she looks extremely interesting, is she a classic? No, however it's awesome that Double Helix is working hard to bring some new content to the KI universe. WOULD have I preferred that they get the original cast down first? Yea, but honestly we know they will all come with time, and over the seasonal releases that DH is planning to do. So whatevs man, we'll all have our cake and eat it too eventually. It's just gonna take some time.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Allow me to sound old fashioned here. before I say anything, it's worth mentioning that Killer Instinct is my favorite game of all time. So Needless to say, I'm pumped for the reboot.

However, with that said, I really don't like this new character. KI3 is supposed to be a reboot of the original, and has been said multiple times all they want to do is cater to the original fans of KI. So why bring out a new character nobody asked for so soon? With such a limited roster to boot.

I've waited over 15 years for a new Killer Instinct, All I wanted was for all 10 original characters to be playable, if she was released with a full roster with her I wouldn't mind at all.

This game will only have six playable characters at launch, presumably one of them is her. That means that only HALF of the original roster will actually be there, and that's not even taking into account who their final release character will be, if it isn't Fulgore, I see a mammoth of a shitstorm coming their way.

With a reboot, you should only include new characters when all original characters are present. In my opinion of course. As much as I'm excited for this games release, I'm worried about its integrity at launch.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Real talk, if you haven't been to any location tests and physically touched buttons with your sweaty hairy fingers then you have no right to judge how the game plays. The game has an incredible flow to it, extremely fun and intense neutral game, and prediction based combat during combos is something that is extraordinarily welcome.

"Lolz XBONE fuk that, no one will miss you Killed Instinct" If you're so god damn ignorant and fanboyism runs through your hairy body so much that you put down a game because of the console it releases on? You don't deserve to be part of the FGC, plain and simple. Console exclusivity has always been an issue in the past, did we care when we had to run to an arcade and throw money at a machine to play a couple rounds of MK? I didn't, so if this game is god damn bootlicious and it's on Xbox One, do I care that I have to play it on Xbox One? Hell no, and if you do, like Slamtastic said, no one will miss your ignorant pathetic biased.

TL; DR KI haters are biased ignorant scum.
slowclap.gif

C-Sword

Warrior
Allow me to sound old fashioned here. before I say anything, it's worth mentioning that Killer Instinct is my favorite game of all time. So Needless to say, I'm pumped for the reboot.

However, with that said, I really don't like this new character. KI3 is supposed to be a reboot of the original, and has been said multiple times all they want to do is cater to the original fans of KI. So why bring out a new character nobody asked for so soon? With such a limited roster to boot.

I've waited over 15 years for a new Killer Instinct, All I wanted was for all 10 original characters to be playable, if she was released with a full roster with her I wouldn't mind at all.

This game will only have six playable characters at launch, presumably one of them is her. That means that only HALF of the original roster will actually be there, and that's not even taking into account who their final release character will be, if it isn't Fulgore, I see a mammoth of a shitstorm coming their way.

With a reboot, you should only include new characters when all original characters are present. In my opinion of course. As much as I'm excited for this games release, I'm worried about its integrity at launch.
What do you mean by reboot? If you're talking about story-wise, it's a sequel that follows the events of KI2. I do completely agree that they should've waited before introducing a new character, a KI game without either Orchid or Fulgore is just wrong.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
This game looks great, people are just full of shit for the hell of it.

If they dont show cinder though i will RAGE!!!

PND_Ketchup

What do you mean by reboot? If you're talking about story-wise, it's a sequel that follows the events of KI2. I do completely agree that they should've waited before introducing a new character, a KI game without either Orchid or Fulgore is just wrong.
I meant reboot from a character sense, As the devs were calling it a reboot I presumed everyone would be there.

If it follows the events of KI2, I guess Riptor is a no no. God damn it. Least I have Sabrewulf I suppose.

PND_Ketchup

I mean think about it, This is a game that's supposed to be a game for oldschool KI fans.

Lets be serious here and presume that Fulgore is the final launch character. that means at launch, the game will be missing Spinal, Cinder, Riptor, Combo and Orchid.

Am i the only person that thinks that's just, wrong?

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Well....they can either push the launch date back and include said characters..or do this whole "season" release deal they got going on. I don't particularly agree with it, but then again, I'm only playing this game if someone I know gets an XBONE.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
According to SRK, her name is Sadira.

I agree wholeheartedly with PND_Ketchup ... new character with release day of 6 chars only? WTF!?!?

Now that we have Jago, Sabrewulf, Glacius, Thunder, and Sadira... The 6th character had better be either Orchid, Cinder, or Fulgore or there will be a holy shitstorm on teh internetz!

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
The amount of hate for this game on this website is really hilarious. You guys should find something better to do with your time.

Roachthroat

I WILL SHOW YOU WAR - Black Adam
I mean think about it, This is a game that's supposed to be a game for oldschool KI fans.

Lets be serious here and presume that Fulgore is the final launch character. that means at launch, the game will be missing Spinal, Cinder, Riptor, Combo and Orchid.

Am i the only person that thinks that's just, wrong?
That is wrong I need at least orchid or riptor otherwise i'm mainless