What's new

Doomsday Tips?

LRK128

TEST - YOU'RE WHITE!
I've played a lot with many of the other characters, mainly zod and scorpion, and now I want to get good with doomsday.

What characters does doomsday have a hard time against? What does he do best? Any other tips?

KHAOTIC_BLAZE

Kickass squad aka razorblazemcg
LOL y'all stole my jokes.IMO DD struggles against LL,BM,flash,AM and bane. DD has other tools besides D1 ES ,DD can just ES all day in the corner don't even D1 the ES cannot be parried and you can mess up your opponents wakeups .A nice mixup is 1,2 MB ES or 123 to get your combo going(yes DD has combos lol) F23 is a very good string It can punish back dashes hard and its a overhead so you can apply a mix up game with D3s and F23 midscreen in the corner the B1,3 can reverse your inputs in the corner and its a overhead and gives you a extreme amount of frame advantage.If y'all have any question feel free to tag me.BTW 22 B1+3 is a nice tool to space out your opponents who's rushdown is more dangerous then yours plus its unblockable plus you can control position.

Last edited:

LRK128

TEST - YOU'RE WHITE!
LOL y'all stole my jokes.IMO DD struggles against LL,BM,flash,AM and bane. DD has other tools besides D1 ES ,DD can just ES all day in the corner don't even D1 the ES cannot be parried and you can mess up your opponents wakeups .A nice mixup is 1,2 MB ES to get your combo going(ye DD has combos lol) F23 is a very good string It can punish back dashes hard and its a overhead so you can apply a mix up game with D3s and F23 midscreen in the corner the B1,3 can reverse your inputs in the corner and its a overhead and gives you a extreme amount of frame advantage.If y'all have any question feel free to tag me.
Alright, thanks. What would you people say as to when/when not to use his db2 unblockable thing?

KHAOTIC_BLAZE

Alright, thanks. What would you people say as to when/when not to use his db2 unblockable thing?
Only use the supernova if you know that your opponents has crappy reactions,when you clearly seeing your opponents trying to bait your shoulder pressure by constantly jumping or air dashing(SM,WW,MMH,and KF).but I recommend using super nova when you have trait on so that you wont get punish hard if your opponents manage to dodge your super nova.

LRK128

TEST - YOU'RE WHITE!
Only use the supernova if you know that your opponents has crappy reactions,when you clearly seeing your opponents trying to bait your shoulder pressure by constantly jumping or air dashing(SM,WW,MMH,and KF).but I recommend using super nova when you have trait on so that you wont get punish hard if your opponents manage to dodge your super nova.
Ok, thank you.

Yoaks

A spaceman
LOL y'all stole my jokes.IMO DD struggles against LL,BM,flash,AM and bane. DD has other tools besides D1 ES ,DD can just ES all day in the corner don't even D1 the ES cannot be parried and you can mess up your opponents wakeups .A nice mixup is 1,2 MB ES or 123 to get your combo going(yes DD has combos lol) F23 is a very good string It can punish back dashes hard and its a overhead so you can apply a mix up game with D3s and F23 midscreen in the corner the B1,3 can reverse your inputs in the corner and its a overhead and gives you a extreme amount of frame advantage.If y'all have any question feel free to tag me.BTW 22 B1+3 is a nice tool to space out your opponents who's rush is more dangerous then yours plus its unblockable in you can control position.
Doomsday does not struggle against Lex, Batman or Aquaman. He beats Lex and goes even with Batman and Aquaman. His worst Match Up is Killer Frost and Superman gives him a tough time.

E

Eldriken

Doomsday does not struggle against Lex, Batman or Aquaman. He beats Lex and goes even with Batman and Aquaman. His worst Match Up is Killer Frost and Superman gives him a tough time.
He sure as shit does NOT beat Lex, dude. I'd say it's even at best. Lex's trait, mine and probe setups can really make it a pain in the ass to do anything against him.

You have to really catch them off guard when he's traited so he doesn't eat the first hit and punish you accordingly.

Also, I don't exactly agree with Superman being one of his worst MUs. His trait breaks mine, so what? Don't use it when he has his, simple as that. Activate your trait after a HKD and force him to use his and take advantage of its activation.

Also, don't try and MB Venom against him when he has trait active. Treat it like it's Bane's trait. Turtle it out until it's gone and go from there.

I'm sure others may not agree with me on this, but I don't think Superman's trait sways the battle in his favor at all. But that's just my opinion. My. Opinion.

KHAOTIC_BLAZE

See IMO yes he does Have you ever fought a decent lex b4 with crazy zoning with the orbs while having trait on? have a lex ever punish your MB shoulder by blocking the 1st hit and hitting you during the 2nd hit because of his trait? If that never happen to you then you never fought a lex thats decent. plus I cant simply wait till his trait goes away cause it last as long as 30 seconds unless he actually uses it.I rather fight KF cuz all you have to do is to get her ass in the corner and ES the crap of her(she can't parry the ES) plus you have to discourage them from using their parry by using sweeps ,ES (dint D1 es just raw ES) or blody splash to let them know that they cant mindlessly throw out the parry.Yes SM can beat your trait but the MU isnt that hard because you dont really need the trait in the 1st place in that MU If the SM is a moron, then he'll pop trait when you poptrait at a specific range that you can punish him for popping his trait just be patient and you'll beat SMs and KF.

Last edited:

Yoaks

A spaceman
He sure as shit does NOT beat Lex, dude. I'd say it's even at best. Lex's trait, mine and probe setups can really make it a pain in the ass to do anything against him.

You have to really catch them off guard when he's traited so he doesn't eat the first hit and punish you accordingly.

Also, I don't exactly agree with Superman being one of his worst MUs. His trait breaks mine, so what? Don't use it when he has his, simple as that. Activate your trait after a HKD and force him to use his and take advantage of its activation.

Also, don't try and MB Venom against him when he has trait active. Treat it like it's Bane's trait. Turtle it out until it's gone and go from there.

I'm sure others may not agree with me on this, but I don't think Superman's trait sways the battle in his favor at all. But that's just my opinion. My. Opinion.
Step 1 Against Lex: Don't let him get trait out. Aslong as your in Lex's face he's gonna have a super hard time getting you off of him. MB Venom is also good when he is traited.

"don't try and MB Venom against him when he has trait active. Treat it like it's Bane's trait." This is the reason why it's a hard match up against Superman. When you can't trait or armor through anything and you have respect Superman's option's. His wake ups are also a pain.

BarackaFlockaFlame

MK10 IT HAS BEGUN!
pretty much what everyone said d1 earth shaker trait and wake up everytime

oh and if you run into someone who actually knows how to block d1 earth shaker you might have to bust out some crazy mixups and mb shoulder instead :DOGE

KHAOTIC_BLAZE

Step 1 Against Lex: Don't let him get trait out. Aslong as your in Lex's face he's gonna have a super hard time getting you off of him. MB Venom is also good when he is traited.

"don't try and MB Venom against him when he has trait active. Treat it like it's Bane's trait." This is the reason why it's a hard match up against Superman. When you can't trait or armor through anything and you have respect Superman's option's. His wake ups are also a pain.
There's no stopping lex from getting his trait once he lands his BNB 1 wrong move with DD and boom MB B3 to a trait setup now you are fkd.

Last edited:

Yoaks

A spaceman
See IMO yes he does Have you ever fought a decent lex b4 with crazy zoning with the orbs while having trait on? have a lex ever punish your MB shoulder by blocking the 1st hit and hitting you during the 2nd hit because of his trait? If that never happen to you then you never fought a lex thats decent. plus I cant simply wait till his trait goes away cause it last as long as 30 seconds unless he actually uses it.I rather fight KF cuz all you have to do is to get her ass in the corner and ES the crap of her(she can't parry the ES) plus you have to discourage them from using their parry by using sweeps ,ES (dint D1 es just raw ES) or blody splash to let then know that you cant mindlessly throw out the parry.Yes SM can beat your trait but the MU isnt that hard because you dont really need the trait in the 1st place in that MU If the SM is a moron, then he'll pop trait when you poptrait at a specific range that you can punis hit for pop his trait just be patient and you'll beat SMs and KF.
Lex can't hit Doomsday during the 2nd hit because Doomsday has 2 hits of armor. Lex's zoning? Really? Doomsday doesn't care about zoning. Yea he has to respect it when he doesn't have trait or a bar of meter. But when he has either one, he doesn't give a fuck. Doomsday is getting in on Lex. Killer Frost is his worst mu because of the parry. Yea you can get around it, but it's all on a guess. She out damage's Doomsday by a shit tone when she guess's right. If she guess's wrong. You do 12%. Sweep okay yea it's a Low. Now what are you gonna do. ES? She wake up's Slide and your in the grinder. Bodysplash? She wakes up Slide and is out of the corner. Superman isn't as hard as Frost but it's still a tough match. He has better footsies, you have too respect his wake up's, he out damage's him etc.

KHAOTIC_BLAZE

Lex can't hit Doomsday during the 2nd hit because Doomsday has 2 hits of armor. Lex's zoning? Really? Doomsday doesn't care about zoning. Yea he has to respect it when he doesn't have trait or a bar of meter. But when he has either one, he doesn't give a fuck. Doomsday is getting in on Lex. Killer Frost is his worst mu because of the parry. Yea you can get around it, but it's all on a guess. She out damage's Doomsday by a shit tone when she guess's right. If she guess's wrong. You do 12%. Sweep okay yea it's a Low. Now what are you gonna do. ES? She wake up's Slide and your in the grinder. Bodysplash? She wakes up Slide and is out of the corner. Superman isn't as hard as Frost but it's still a tough match. He has better footsies, you have too respect his wake up's, he out damage's him etc.
Yeah she'll wake up in the corner but the wrong way LMAO if you ES then dash forward you can fk up their wake up.if you land your sweep,by dashing forward then jumping back u can full combo punish that hoe when she wiifs her slide with the 12 string.

Yoaks

A spaceman
There's no stop lex from getting his trait once he lands his BNB 1 wrong move with DD and boom MB B3 to a trait setup now you are fkd.
D1 xx Es eats up MBB3/F3's. Again when Doomsday has meter or trait his getting in on that ass. I'm not saying Lex can't beat Doomsday. It's a 6-4 in DD favor but Lex is gonna have a hard time throwing anything out against Doomsday even with trait on. Lex can have trait on and start throwing out a mine or a probe, DD can just dash in or armor in and interrupt/punish him at certain distance's.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Yeah she'll wake up in the corner but the wrong way LMAO if you ES then dash forward you can fk up their wake up.if you land your sweep,by dashing forward then jumping back u can full combo punish that hoe when she wiifs her slide with the 12 string.
Yes I know about the wake up reversal in the corner. But that's the hard part. Getting her to the corner! She can parry any Venom Charge on a read. She can Slide on reaction to any forward dash. And Jumping back Body Splash too punish Frost's Slide is a "Bill". DD will start landing on the ground before he hit's her and her Slide also lower's her hitbox.

KHAOTIC_BLAZE

You would've been right if lex didn't receive a buff have you forgotten that lex's trait got buffed? yes DD can easily get pass lexs zoning if he doesn't have trait if you MD shoulder while hes on his zoning shit you'll be wasting one of your armor cuz of the mine and he has two hits of armor on his trait still leaving him with 1 hit trait left to punish you and super nova is out of the equation when he has trait.

KHAOTIC_BLAZE

Yes I know about the wake up reversal in the corner. But that's the hard part. Getting her to the corner! She can parry any Venom Charge on a read. She can Slide on reaction to any forward dash. And Jumping back Body Splash too punish Frost's Slide is a "Bill". DD will start landing on the ground before he hit's her and her Slide also lower's her hitbox.
Um don't do a dam thing without your trait stay midscreen until you get your trait and so what shes's building meter she won't be able to use it effectively when you have your trait on.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Um don't do a dam thing without your trait stay midscreen until you get your trait and so what shes's building meter she won't be able to use it effectively when you have your trait on.
She can still parry you while you while trait is still active. smh. I don't see how you think this isn't Doomsday's hardest mu!