What's new

Video/Tutorial Doomsday Punishment Guide for Deathstroke Players, by TONY-T

TONY-T

Mad scientist
As the Injustice community is fully aware, Doomsday has been the hot talk of the crowd lately, what with GGA Jeremiah and VSM Crazy Dominican having each won a major with this apocalyptic character. He has generated monstrous headaches for players scratching their heads trying to formulate ways they can contend against this character better.

However, special combo artist TONY-T comes forward with a video guide that revolves entirely around how to punish Doomsday with Deathstroke. This includes meterless punishes, Meter Burn combos, corner frame traps, interruptions - basically, Tony covers every option you can use.

Like with all his videos, he includes annotations you can read throughout the course of the video guide for an explanation of each of Deathstroke's punishes. A word of advice: please watch the video in full screen or you will miss some of the text in the annotations.

Deathstroke players, if Doomsday players have been bringing about your personal apocalypse, you now have the solution to your dilemma!

Please remember to follow and subscribe to TONY-T's work athttp://www.youtube.com/user/TONYTTT.

Article edited by GamerBlake90.

Attachments

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Its really easy! Just delay the jump 3 so that you hit it as low to the ground as possible. If you do this correctly, the jump 2 will come out very easy.
Cool I'll just keep practicing. Also, when I do some of these frame traps, they get interrupted online lol. I hate online so much at times.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Also taken from a post made by TONY-T before the thread merge somehow screwed things up. :oops:

"Frame traps start at 4:07

So basically what ive found is that if you do MB LGS on your opponent in the corner, you are at pluss frames. (frame data is wrong).

Basically you can get a free f23 for added pressure and chip damage and your opponent cant do anything about it. They cannot jump, they cannot do d1 to try to interrupt, its completely free. (they can push block it, but they burn meter doing so)

What you can also get after the MB LGS is a free mixup of b22 or b1u2. I tested this with my brother and if you do it correctly, your opponent cannot d1 you out of these pressure strings. (tested on 7 frame d1). They can however partially jump out, but they still get hit, and in the case of b1u2, they still get fully juggled.

So essentially the frame advantage on the MB LGS gains you a free 50 / 50 mix-up.

The reason i start the combos with b22~LGS~MB is because the b22 is a mix-up in itself.

You can mix-up, b222 with b22~LGS~MB and its very hard for your opponent to guess which one you will do..

You can be a complete troll with this tech.. examples..

b22~LGS~MB, b22~LGS~MB, b22~LGS~MB <-----LOL

b22~LGS~MB, b222

b22~LGS~MB, b1u2

rinse and repeat.. These are just some of the mixups you can use.

Its all 50 / 50 mixups, but id say the guessing games are in your favor.

After MB QF in the corner a f23 seems to be free for pressure too. Your opponent cannot interrupt it. If they try and jump out, they get hit..

Deathstrokes corner game is pretty dam good!"

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
Another good work, as always. Some tips are general, such as how to proceed in every situation as dash forward and punish and other stuff. Serves as an inspiration even for non-Deathstroke players, great video "T".

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Oh, Hell no.

I am not about to have this thread be derailed by people who apparently prefer to call randoms out for "trying to make other good characters slip under the nerf radar" when all Tony did was post a guide to help the community out. There was no hidden agenda involved. Were you not raised to learn how to say "thank you" or something?

I cleaned this thread, and this is the only warning you guys get. We're not about to go back and forth insulting one other with gifs over petty disagreements. From this point on, if you have nothing kind to say, keep it to yourself. I don't want to see any more of that nonsense when I climb back of my coffin after a two-hour nap or so.

Sooooooo, back to the good nature of this thread. Good stuff, TONY-T, as always! :)