What's new

Discussion Doombawkz's buff thread

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Hey guys. As you know, I like to pick characters who end up being unreasonably buffed into top tiers by the end of the game, and sure enough here is the likely final patch of the game (assuming NRS doesn't run with the co-existence idea next game).

So, in this thread I'm going to mention the characters I've graced with my usage and will thus receive buffs and end up somewhere better than they are now, and also characters whom have not earned my favor and thus will sink to the hell that is viable enough to argue placement, but not enough to win a tournament.

BUFFS TO YOU:
  1. Lackey Ferra/Torr - Obvious one here. Gimme those quality of life buffs. (Buffed through everyone else losing armor, stagger game stays strong. No armor sucks though.)
  2. Unbreakable Sub Zero - Yep. Here's one that's gonna go from C tier to A- tier for sure.
  3. Grandmaster Sub Zero - Buffs through nerfs of other people. Goodbye weird hitboxes, hello Lord Brady.
  4. Sektor and Cyrax - Vaguely messed around with the kits of these two, so expect some buffs.
  5. Tigrar Fury Goro - Yep, only this one. Lucky you guys.
  6. Master of Storms Raiden - Get ready for this monster, I feel like.
  7. Brawler Cassie Cage - Yeah, seems weird but I feel like this spec is going to get some love. (no love given, but nerfs to everyone's armor and no nerfs to her make it pretty brutal.)
  8. Dualist Liu Kang - I know, right? I like his healing, I hope it gets buffed.
  9. Kenshi - This blind guy will probably benefit from the nerfs of others, but I predict a nice buff as well.
  10. Big Bo Rai Cho - I played around with all 3 variations, so expect buffs for all of them as well.

BONUS - Acidic Alien - I know what you're thinking, and yeah. I know he is going to get nerfed to high heaven, BUT I have some sinking feeling that the changes will cause some new tech to come up that brings him back to the top again. You can never keep a good alien down. (We will see. Acidic didn't really get any changes that mattered much)
NERFS TO YOU:
  1. Piercing Mileena - I know, obvious, but I never cared for or used this character, so she is eating the bat (literally).
  2. A-list Johnny Cage - I never much cared for him either. Felt clunky and boring. Have a nerf.
  3. Cutthroat Kano - You beat my character so obviously you're gonna be nerfed for the hell of it.
  4. Imposter Shinnok - The nerf spagetti will help you forgetti your upsetti regretti, impasta.
  5. Tacocartian Alien - Rekkas? You're about to get Rekka'd by some nerfs.
  6. Ruthless Ferra/Torr - Yep, I'm calling it now. Damage scaling increased. It's gonna happen. (Did get a hefty nerf in the form of OH dying, so I'm taking this one)
  7. Takeda - I'd be fine if all 3 got nerfed into oblivion, but probably just whichever one Raptor likes will do.
  8. D'vorah - I feel like just the change they'll make to her weird bug arms will tone her down.
  9. Smoke and Cyber Sub Zero - My money is nerfing the reset potential. It's the age of condiments again.
  10. Bernie Mac - He isn't great but you have to appease the Evenscrubs so he's getting a whack.
BONUS - Futon Warrior Goro - This is my black sheep draw, but my money is he gets the nerfs meant for Dragon Fangs or something just from them sharing a few choice moves. He'll get hit much harder by the changes. (General changes made him worse, but Dragon Fangs actually got the proper nerfs sooooooooooooo yeh. Half and half)

CHANGED BUT THE SAME:
  1. Demolition Sonya - They'll "fix" grenades again (Time will tell, those sonya are carfty)
  2. Cry-more-mancer Sub Zero - He'll either get a useless buff in terms of practicality, or will still be unviable in the new meta. (Time will tell, but a command grab might not be enough)
  3. Displacer Raiden - "We think he is fine the way he is" is what my money is on. (No changes)
  4. Hellfire Scorpion - I feel like he will receive minor nerfs but people will still get gimmicked out (+2 frames is very minor)
  5. Kitana - Just in general. She'll never be allowed to live. Sorry guys. (She got some decent changes, but again time will tell.)
So you guys are probably excited about this new patch. Tell me what you think. Feel free to make your own prediction lists below, I'm interested. Also sorry to the people whose characters I didn't use, better luck picking the same character as me next time :p

Last edited:
Lol so if im understanding correctly, every character you've played is gonna get the bane treatment while every character you didnt play will be tanya'd?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Something is wrong with this, I think you need to switch ruthless with bo rai cho #F/TisBottom5:DOGE
F/T is bottom 5, but thats beyond the point :DOGE

Bone shaper shinnok got his time in the sun
Ruthless got pain and gain cancels
The bawkz giveth, and the bawkz taketh away

Expect your welfare nerfs to come in the mail

5% reduction in combo damage by increasing the scaling of pain and gain cancels in combos. A nerf upon you, heretic!

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I CLAIM HERESY! This isn't how things should be done! Look at you! Coming to this Dogtor Doom for you wishes! Has Boon taught you NOTHING?! You do not pray to false deities for the viability of your character! You wait around and hope Lord Bushy Eyebrows grants you your wish. WHERE IS YOUR SHAME! Your humility! For Boon's sake men, look at what you're doing! Abandon this shockingly adorable pug in a Doctor Doom suit! And come back to Boon's loving embrace!

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
F/T is bottom 5, but thats beyond the point :DOGE

Bone shaper shinnok got his time in the sun
Ruthless got pain and gain cancels
The bawkz giveth, and the bawkz taketh away

Expect your welfare nerfs to come in the mail

5% reduction in combo damage by increasing the scaling of pain and gain cancels in combos. A nerf upon you, heretic!
Oh no the horror:DOGE

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I CLAIM HERESY! This isn't how things should be done! Look at you! Coming to this Dogtor Doom for you wishes! Has Boon taught you NOTHING?! You do not pray to false deities for the viability of your character! You wait around and hope Lord Bushy Eyebrows grants you your wish. WHERE IS YOUR SHAME! Your humility! For Boon's sake men, look at what you're doing! Abandon this shockingly adorable pug in a Doctor Doom suit! And come back to Boon's loving embrace!
Boon has forsaken us. Only the buffs and the vision of his lord Paulo remain. The vision has graced my hands with the power of the buffs, and I will be their salvation. I will be their ascendency to the promised tiers

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Boon has forsaken us. Only the buffs and the vision of his lord Paulo remain. The vision has graced my hands with the power of the buffs, and I will be their salvation. I will be their ascendency to the promised tiers
BLASPHEMY! Hold your heathen tongue you speaker of lies! There is only one lord! Come all! Accept his bushy embrace! Leave this man and his LIES behind!

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yeah. I'm in the hospital for stomach issues so I was bored. Figured I'd put my list out and see how many I got right.