What's new

Done with FGC Competitively. So Let's Clear The Air and Teach Some Things

Meep8345

Noob
Also about the social hierarchy it does kind of exist. People put these top players so much higher up than everyone else and just think they are godlike. Its pretty odd they're a person just like me or you but they just had quite a lot of time to play and learn with other good players or they just are really good at reacting and reading things. Also like whenever any top player would do something that was a gimmick no one ever calls them out but if a normal player does something like f112 puddle with dvorah everyone wants to blow them up and say they are a fraud.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I have decided today that I will no longer play fighting games competitively.

I was going to walk into this forum, talk about how much I loved my time here and how the experience has been incredible. But I'm not in the business of lying to people. So let me tell you all the truth about this community :)

First thing's first, @Tom Brady recently made a video about the social hierarchy of our community. I, from personal experience, absolutely know what he is talking about. When I used to go by CoRzz in MKX, I made top 8 at a regional and nearly beat Slayer in first round of Winners top 8. I came out in winners of a bracket that had Trepound, Frostibunny, and Lil Majin. Not easy competition for most. Went to game 5 with Slayer and lost in the KJ mirror. So I know what it's like to make a top 8 with high level players. So now what I'm about to tell you, know that I played sets with everybody who is anybody except SonicFox, KP and Mr Aquaman in MKX. In Injustice 2, unless they are streaming, MOST OF THE TOP PLAYER COMMUNITY JUST IGNORES ME. In Injustice 2, I've played maybe a total of 10 long sets vs top 8 level players...I'd say 6 or 7 is Dragon...the rest are if I just come across them on streams. An issue I never had in MKX. Hell, I thought I was one of the bros. Maybe I didn't travel as much, but I handled my own. I was known for my leadership of EXiLE and a lot more stuff then when I2 hit, I got straight up ghosted. Therefore, I am shit at this game. I can't get MU experience, and to all the people who say "just lab the MU", you HAVE TO BE ABLE TO PRACTICE APPLYING WHAT YOU HAVE LABBED IN REAL GAME SCENARIOS. That's why preseason football exists, that's why sports teams have full speed walkthroughs of plays and formations. Because you can practice all day, but once you learn how you can apply the knowledge in real time, it's wasted time. And when I do play against most people, ft10...maybe ft20 max. You know how many times I played until either mine or my opponent's fingers bled in MKX? OFTEN. All the damn time. People won't do that in I2 because they are more concerned on how they will learn next opposed to teaching because they are scared of having enough people good in the community to threaten their top placement or their chance of making money or getting sponsorship. And that's real shit. So Brady is 100% correct on that. Additionally, you know I messaged Xian (former SF World Champion) and he said he would love to play a long set vs me when he gets back to Singapore. So one of the most well known players in the world is willing to play me in a long set when he more than likely has never even known I existed. The social hierarchy is a real problem. Talk all the shit you want about Tom, but he's absolutely correct and one of the realest. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME, EXPLAIN WHY TOP PLAYERS ARE TALKING SHIT TO TOM ABOUT IT AND THE MID LEVEL-LOW LEVEL PLAYERS TRYING TO GET BETTER ARE LIKE "wait, well he has a point"!!!

Secondly, shut the fuck up about tier. 98% of you have no idea what you're talking about. And you know what? NEITHER DO I MOST OF THE TIME. But some of yall stupid fuckers are saying Captain Cold is top 5 now and Batman probably isn't and Black Adam is dead but have ZERO proof to back up your claims. Which is the perfect caviat to TOP 8 PLACINGS DOES NOT INDICATED THE CHARACTER BEING BEST IN GAME! RARELY DOES THAT HAPPEN. IN MKX TANYA AND ALIEN, SURE. BUT A-LIST JOHNNY? OKAY THEN.

Third, @Pig Of The Hut has treated me, and many others, like shit. Why? Because he's Pig and that's what he does. He blocked me on Twitter and said how annoying I was because he said Evo Grand Finals was going to be Black Adam vs Black Adam. I told him Black Adam won't even show up in GFs. Boy was he wrong, so I said "hold that". Because if he was right, I'm just some dumb shit who "doesn't know everyone's Evo preperations", so I wanted him to know that HE was wrong. So he fucking blocked me lmao that's not the first run in, neither. He once said I was "naggy and stalkerish like a creepy ex gf" when I asked for games 4 times in like 2 weeks and he kept ignoring me (shout out to the hierarchy). Don't get me wrong, every once in a blue moon, Pig does something good for the community. Despite my general dislike for the guy, I have had his back a few times when people unjustly say things awful about his wife, child, and his impact on the community because I feel like I'm a decent human being. But personally, me and him? Don't like the guy and never will care to.

Fourth, the FGC has a real problem with prioritizing real life and gaming life. It is well documented how many players will go to a tourney with no way of getting back, without the money to eat, etc. Why? Because everybody wants to be relevant in the game. And you can win every week of Hometown Heroes in your district and win the offline final 4...but until you win at Vegas or make an offline top 8, you aren't doing shit. Aka, if you haven't spent money to play the game against people, you are not as important. I went to a tournament where there were 2 top players (not mentioning names because I'm not in the business on calling someone's financial issues out) talking and one was talking about how bad they needed to win the tournament because they barely had the money to get home if they don't eat...if they eat, they are fucked. Somebody bought them all food, thankfully, but how do you do that? How do you scrape to get by and go to a tourney where the odds are not 100% in your favor to win...not even if you're SonicFox. It never is a guarantee. I got shit on before by groups of people because I told them that I'd rather ensure my family's financial stability opposed to spending $2000 to go to Evo (plane, hotel, venue, etc) because in this community real life isn't real, the gaming life is. These backwards minded fucks have a game THEY WILL NEVER MAKE A LIVING DOING and calling you stupid because your priorities lie with your family. Here's some advice to you from someone who has been in the financially irresponsible point of view before. If you ask yourself if you can afford something, don't pay for it. Meaning if you are like "yeah, I can get to the tournament but I probably won't have enough to eat for the weekend", DO NOT GO. Why? Because you are almost guaranteed to NOT MAKE YOUR MONEY BACK. So why put yourself in that troublesome spot? Save more money, wait until the next tournament so you'll know that you are good, you'll be thankful in the long run.

Lastly, all that aside, I have made some real friends in this community who I will not bother tagging because I don't want them to feel associated with this post and how people view it. But you know who you are.

PS - I'm happy I left EXiLE, leadership was shit. Perfect proof is how everybody, not in EU minus 2 or 3 people, left after I left. That lets you know what I did for those people who I recruited. So I am forever thankful for the loyalty they showed towards me, regardless if we don't really talk now or whatever.

PSS - TYM is stupid and most of you casual fucks don't know shit about the game but try to pass your lackluster opinion as fact.

PSSS - STOP LYING ON TWITTER ABOUT YOUR EVO PLACINGS. EVEN IF YOU'RE LIKE "well top 32 won't hurt to lie about", RIGHT AS SOON AS SOMEONE'S LIKE "WAIT...WHO DEY?" AND LOOKS IT UP, YOU WILL BECOME IRRELEVANT FOREVER AND LOSE YOUR CHANCE TO WORK UP TO THAT TOP 32 SPOT. PEOPLE WILL SHIT ON YOU FOREVER.

Bye community, I'll be watching from afar.
I'll keep it 100 like I do 24/7

I block you on twitter, ignore your mentions,
Ignore your attempts to tag me in threads, ignore you in stream chats 100% because you're insanely needy and annoying. You're constantly throbbing for props, you're constantly butting into conversations w asinine points, you're just absolutely annoying. Xian will play you because he's not yet experienced this himself.

Idgaf what you do, just stop tagging me or attempting to get my attention and shit. Not interested. I didn't read this entire thread don't care to but I imagine most people are telling you the same thing and that you have some serious social issues reminescent of TakeaChance

Good luck in whatever the fuck you do, just don't tag me in it

Peace

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
He deleted the one specifically about not being able to get games but he posted this one yesterday which covers a lot of your other points.

Possible reasons people don't like playing Tom:

1) He's not that good at the game

2) He will always report himself (to every other player in the community) as having been even, close, or ahead in the set score even when he was bodied

3) He has actually turned down numerous offers from top players (after complaining about not getting games) in favor of playing random players from Ranked with a variety of excuses.

4) If you lose the set he will make Youtube videos until 2047 about how he beat you and it's as good as making a Top 8

5) No one wants to beat up on a 75 year-old man -- it's just not polite

6) Tom already has JOP and Eddy Pistons to play with, who are better than everyone anyway

7) Tom is a Prima Games shill

8) He should be playing Tekken, where he was a true legend

9) He should be playing DoA, where he was a true legend

10) He put Foxy Grampa in the sewers of England

:DOGE

Pig Of The Hut

Everyone in this thread said it already and theyre right. To be honest you just need to learn matchups. You don't have to fight the best Superman in the world to know the Superman matchup, you can lab alot of situations in training mode yourself then test them out in real matches against a few different Superman mains on TYM. That's all you need really
Example: Tekken master

Pig Of The Hut

@FinalBoss_FGC if it makes you feel better you're not as annoying as Juggs is. juggs CONSTANTLY gets in conversations AS IF he is playing the game when he NEVER IS nor plans to take it seriously. he hasn't played a game legit since UMK3 summoner and shock days yet if you just read his posts you would never know. Atleast you went out there kicked ass, for a placement . That's respect

Idk why people assume they NEED to play against top players & play all the time to be good. I train less than 15 hours a week, & most of it is ranked matches. To be honest I very rarely play long sets against other top players, like everyone assumes the top players do. I just play against my little bro offline when I'm home in Ohio and ranked matches and that's mostly it. I'm still getting these top 8's lol. Level up and stop whining, the only thing that can make you better is yourself
I wanna see how I hold up against that Batman. Care to play sometime?

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
@FinalBoss_FGC sorry man, apologize for making you feel the way you do. Good luck with the birth of your child and to your family

Do what makes you happy
Thanks, best of luck with you as well.

It just sucked because I looked up to you when I was trying to come up and that's your response. Didn't mean to annoy you.

Best of luck with everything Brant.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I wanna see how I hold up against that Batman. Care to play sometime?
The only time Im going to be playing Injustice anytime soon is when I stream. I just got home from Summer Jam and I'm just watching all the YouTube videos from VS Fighting and Hometown Heroes. I'm going to stream tonight or tomorrow most likely, when I stream I'm down just look out for it

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
You really don't need to be a top player to get games with top players.

I didn't compete in MKX and I was playing just about EVERYONE. Sonic, ForeverKing, and etc. Granted it could be because of my success in MK9 and I1 but still.

I haven't even competed in I2 yet and I'm playing a lot of people also, tho that could be because I'm like the only Ivy player on the planet lol.

Point is, you don't have to go to a tournament to be recognized. Engage in conversations in the forums with other people about characters and depending on what you say, people will find interest in you. Make guides. Post matches of yourself. Etc

hatyr

ball roll enjoyer.
Possible reasons people don't like playing Tom:

1) He's not that good at the game

2) He will always report himself (to every other player in the community) as having been even, close, or ahead in the set score even when he was bodied

3) He has actually turned down numerous offers from top players (after complaining about not getting games) in favor of playing random players from Ranked with a variety of excuses.

4) If you lose the set he will make Youtube videos until 2047 about how he beat you and it's as good as making a Top 8

5) No one wants to beat up on a 75 year-old man -- it's just not polite

6) Tom already has JOP and Eddy Pistons to play with, who are better than everyone anyway

7) Tom is a Prima Games shill

8) He should be playing Tekken, where he was a true legend

9) He should be playing DoA, where he was a true legend

10) He put Foxy Grampa in the sewers of England

:DOGE
I'm an outsider looking in, not defending or attacking from either direction. Also, Point 10 LOL.

You really don't need to be a top player to get games with top players.

I didn't compete in MKX and I was playing just about EVERYONE. Sonic, ForeverKing, and etc. Granted it could be because of my success in MK9 and I1 but still.

I haven't even competed in I2 yet and I'm playing a lot of people also, tho that could be because I'm like the only Ivy player on the planet lol.

Point is, you don't have to go to a tournament to be recognized. Engage in conversations in the forums with other people about characters and depending on what you say, people will find interest in you. Make guides. Post matches of yourself. Etc

I still need to mop your Ivy with Canary, hahahaha