What's new

Does the "VS" screen matter to you?

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I know its a akward thing to say but does that give you sort of a hype that you see your character in the VS screen? I liked how in UMK3 they had it like this.

and in MK4 they had it also which was cool. but in the MK 3d era they just had loading screens which was bland IMO. and then in MK9 they brought it back.

In SF they have it as well, so is Marvel series etc. Now In MKX from what I see they seem to bring back the loading screen with just one character in Vs I may be wrong but lil things like this gives me goosebumps. lol

E

Eldriken

I'd like to see something similar to the Soul Calibur loading screens for versus mode. Instead of a still image, make it lightly animated. Maybe even make different buttons make them say something different or possibly just do a gesture.

Make it different since this shit's gonna be on next-gen consoles as well, y'know?

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I'd like to see something similar to the Soul Calibur loading screens for versus mode. Instead of a still image, make it lightly animated. Maybe even make different buttons make them say something different or possibly just do a gesture.

Make it different since this shit's gonna be on next-gen consoles as well, y'know?
Yeah In SC series I like how you could press a button and the character you are using can say a taunt or movement. I'd like to see scorpion make his eye glow fire to giev me hype etc.

Espio

Kokomo

They kind of have that already if you look at the character select screen you see characters like Cassie pop gum in their mouth and then blow a bubble whereas D'Vorah sends a bug into the air with them facing off against each other.

It's just not apart of the loading screen, but it's still there.

E

Eldriken

They kind of have that already if you look at the character select screen you see characters like Cassie pop gum in their mouth and then blow a bubble whereas D'Vorah sends a bug into the air with them facing off against each other.

It's just not apart of the loading screen, but it's still there.

Yeah, I know, which I like. I just would like them to carry that over to the versus loading screen and possibly spruce it up a bit.

If they don't and they keep it like what we've already seen, I'll be fine with that.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
With the capabilities of the PS4, they could easily make some awesome looking character animations at the VS screen.

Or just make it like Tekken used to be and be able to play Galaga while waiting :DOGE

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Im not hating on the renders of the characters in MKX, they look awesome. But I just want that Vs screen with their fist clenched and giving eachother a mean mug and the stage in the background again, in VS or onilne mode.