What's new

Question - Quan Chi Does Quan Chi really need a true armored wake up attack?

Does he need it?

• Total voters

protools27

Rebel without a scene
Can we stop with this. Quan is fine. If he gets an armored reversal he would have to give up something else, cuz he's already top tier. Get gud

No. He doesn't need it. Nope.
First of all nobody is asking for an armored launcher nor is anybody asking for a wakeup that sends the opponent fullscreen giving quan enough frame advantage to start zoning .

Quan's Sky Crush already had armor since day 1 but the armor is not functioning correctly.
Sky crush cost one bar, sends them 2 characters length away, not enough frame advantage to get the summon puggles or a Spellout without eating a wakeup attack mid process. Me and many others just want Sky Crush armor fixed THATS ALL.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
why give one of the best characters in the game, that has one of the dirtiest vortexes in the game, a buff. every character needs a weakness, this is quans, hell he has incredible zoning, incredible close up game with 50/50's out the ass, and you want to take away the one glimmer of hope that other characters have against him? im sorry but that doesnt add up to me. it really doesnt, quan is already top 10 easy, hell in my opinion still top 5. but hey, im not the best player in the world so i guess it isnt up to me to say, i could just be talking out my ass, and if that is the case, then im sorry. but i really dont see any point in giving an insanely good character buffs. I mean heavan forbid quan needs to block every once in a while for his wake ups. as i said, i could be talking out my ass, but i got a strong feeling that this proposed buff isnt needed

why give one of the best characters in the game, that has one of the dirtiest vortexes in the game, a buff. every character needs a weakness, this is quans, hell he has incredible zoning, incredible close up game with 50/50's out the ass, and you want to take away the one glimmer of hope that other characters have against him? im sorry but that doesnt add up to me. it really doesnt, quan is already top 10 easy, hell in my opinion still top 5. but hey, im not the best player in the world so i guess it isnt up to me to say, i could just be talking out my ass, and if that is the case, then im sorry. but i really dont see any point in giving an insanely good character buffs. I mean heavan forbid quan needs to block every once in a while for his wake ups. as i said, i could be talking out my ass, but i got a strong feeling that this proposed buff isnt needed
50/50 out of his ass yeah sure: Low starter = full combo punishable, Low into MB rune to be safe = armorable/ Full combo armorable.
The "every character needs a weakness " argument is BS when the weakness can be easy explioted by half of the cast to the point of quan not able do shit but block till hes dead watch from 2:50

Last edited:

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
the "every character needs a weakness " argument is BS when the weakness can be easy explioted by half of the cast to the point of quan not able do shit but block till hes dead watch from 2:50
and kenshis weakness is if you get him in the corner and they respect your options then it is damn near impossible for kenshi to get out, i mean yeah, it can be done but holy fuck it is tough to do anything, but im working on ways to get out in the lab so that may change, i dont really see that as a problem considering how he has soooooo many strangths, i never said it was a small weakness, i said it was a weakness, hell it is a strong ass weakness, as well as kenshi in the corner, once you get kenshi in the corner and know how to keep him there, jesus christ it is difficult to get out, same here, difficult to get out, dont think it is impossible, damn near impossible yes, but not impossible, his offence is through the roof, think of quan as a glass cannon as opposed to an unstoppable beast of a character. other characters need buffs more, hell im not even saying any of my characters, but i think buffs should be left for those that are undisputedly bottom tier. yeah sure, this buff for quan would not be unwarranted, BUT i am pretty sure he can wait, he is plenty tournament viable in his current state. so you could say that i think that "BS" argument is quite valid. and by the way, kenshis weakness can be easily exploited as well. but you know what, i am not going to be complaining, as of right now i am looking for ways around it, and if i cant, oh well, he is still an amazing character, and dont tell me EX rising karma will easily get you out, no, not against someone that knows what they are doing and knows the match up, same with EX telepush (i have been specifically been talking about balanced by the way) but you got anything i havent thought of (i got a lot of thoughts and ideas on how to get out) be sure to shoot them my way, im happy to hear you out, i may need some outside ideas from non kenshi mains. holy fuck i went off on a tangent, i forgot what the topic at hand actually was... uuuhhhh sorry

Bryck Walle

Counting the Days for the JCVD Johnny Costume!
50/50 out of his ass yeah sure: Low starter = full combo punishable, Low into MB rune to be safe = armorable/ Full combo armorable.
The "every character needs a weakness " argument is BS when the weakness can be easy explioted by half of the cast to the point of quan not able do shit but block till hes dead watch from 2:50

That is Fisticuffs johnny. A gimmicky variation that people lose to because they don't know how to fight it yet. If you're using B12 spam as an excuse for needing an armored wake up...hate to tell you, but B12 would beat it out anyway 9/10 if the Johnny player is timing his buttons right. That variation is MEANT to be all pressure and chip. It's literally there FOR THAT.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
How Quan dictates the whole games with that insane zoning that leads to a vortex (not complaining)

But when I knock that Bat slinging fucker down in the corner he deserves it!

Lol

Edit: damn this thread is old just realised I thought it was a new thread

Last edited:

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
No. He doesn't need it. Nope.
This response is as ignorant as it gets!

Do people even read OPs anymore? Or they just read the thread tittle and rush to state their retarded ass opinions?

We want the EH sky drop to have its proper armor it should have with faster start up, thats all.

That is Fisticuffs johnny. A gimmicky variation that people lose to because they don't know how to fight it yet
Djt and michaelangelo both play Johnny Cage.

If you're using B12 spam as an excuse for needing an armored wake up...hate to tell you, but B12 would beat it out anyway 9/10 if the Johnny player is timing his buttons right. That variation is MEANT to be all pressure and chip. It's literally there FOR THAT.
This is a rushdown game the video showcased what happens when quan chi gets rushed down or/and gets put in the corner. You could replace JC with any rushdown character and will get the same results.

Bryck Walle

Counting the Days for the JCVD Johnny Costume!
Djt and michaelangelo both play Johnny Cage.

This is a rushdown game the video showcased what happens when quan chi gets rushed down or/and gets put in the corner. You could replace JC with any rushdown character and will get the same results.

Then it's up to the Quan Chi player to learn the opponents weaknesses and knock them away so they can continue their zoning. If they ever gave Quan Chi a legit Armored Wake up move, they'd have to significantly reduce the amount of meter he gains from his zoning tools. By the time the enemy gets back in, he'd have another bar for another chance at a get out of jail free card.

I main Johnny Cage. I know both of them play Johnny. Michaelangelo plays A list and DJT plays Fisticuffs. This is also one of the first showings of Fisticuffs after the buff to that variation. Hence it was still new and I can guarantee Michael had no idea how to deal with it, hence why he kept eating it in the corner.

and kenshis weakness is if you get him in the corner and they respect your options then it is damn near impossible for kenshi to get out, i mean yeah, it can be done but holy fuck it is tough to do anything, but im working on ways to get out in the lab so that may change, i dont really see that as a problem considering how he has soooooo many strangths, i never said it was a small weakness, i said it was a weakness, hell it is a strong ass weakness, as well as kenshi in the corner, once you get kenshi in the corner and know how to keep him there, jesus christ it is difficult to get out, same here, difficult to get out, dont think it is impossible, damn near impossible yes, but not impossible, his offence is through the roof, think of quan as a glass cannon as opposed to an unstoppable beast of a character. other characters need buffs more, hell im not even saying any of my characters, but i think buffs should be left for those that are undisputedly bottom tier. yeah sure, this buff for quan would not be unwarranted, BUT i am pretty sure he can wait, he is plenty tournament viable in his current state. so you could say that i think that "BS" argument is quite valid. and by the way, kenshis weakness can be easily exploited as well. but you know what, i am not going to be complaining, as of right now i am looking for ways around it, and if i cant, oh well, he is still an amazing character, and dont tell me EX rising karma will easily get you out, no, not against someone that knows what they are doing and knows the match up, same with EX telepush (i have been specifically been talking about balanced by the way) but you got anything i havent thought of (i got a lot of thoughts and ideas on how to get out) be sure to shoot them my way, im happy to hear you out, i may need some outside ideas from non kenshi mains. holy fuck i went off on a tangent, i forgot what the topic at hand actually was... uuuhhhh sorry
ask pig or in kenshi forums all i can think of is poke into push.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
You guys are the biggest downplayers ever, Quan is literally one of the best characters in the game and has placed consistently top 8 in EVERY TOURNAMENT SINCE THE GAME RELEASED, but let's buff his only weakness.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
You guys are the biggest downplayers ever, Quan is literally one of the best characters in the game and has placed consistently top 8 in EVERY TOURNAMENT SINCE THE GAME RELEASED, but let's buff his only weakness.
Direct quote us saying "Quan chi is weak or not top tier" or stfu.

This isn't about tier placement. And as biggest downplayers go I'm sure Kitana & Kenshi mains take the tittle.

Reactions: GAV

protools27

Rebel without a scene
Direct quote us saying "Quan chi is weak or not top tier" or stfu.

This isn't about tier placement. And as biggest downplayers go I'm sure Kitana & Kenshi mains take the tittle.
That's basically what you guys are saying. "I know my char is most likely top 5, places top 8 at every single tournament since the game released, and has great tools in literally every other department, but I'd really like to ALSO have a way to stop you from pressuring me, after I just zoned/vortexed you to death on your way to pushing me into the corner." At least kenshi and Kitana mains were playing a character that was actually mid to low tier during their downplay, this shit here is just ridiculous.

ENDeverMORE

The incredible introvert
Characters full screen can have just as much trouble getting in, as Quan has getting people off him.
If you zone properly, and know where holes in other characters pressure are, either patience is required in both parties

ENDeverMORE

The incredible introvert
I'm personally fine not having universal 'viable' wakeup/armour options with Quan, gives me less room for badly timed escape attempts, and I can focus using meter on keeping people locked down.