What's new

Does MK Komplete for PC work with custom made arcade sticks?

Aof

Noob
I haven't played fighting games for some time, and now that MK comes to the PC I want to play it as I did with the first ones in the arcades, that is, with a proper arcade stick.
However, I read on one Amazon review that the game only supports xbox360 controllers.
Is that true? Has anybody tried?
Does it mean that if I build an arcade stick with a PC controller interface like the I-Pac for example (http://www.ultimarc.com/ipac1.html), it won't work with the game???

That would be a major screw up...

If the above is true, is there any way around this?

Thanks in advance

AssassiN

Noob
I haven't played fighting games for some time, and now that MK comes to the PC I want to play it as I did with the first ones in the arcades, that is, with a proper arcade stick.
However, I read on one Amazon review that the game only supports xbox360 controllers.
Is that true? Has anybody tried?
Does it mean that if I build an arcade stick with a PC controller interface like the I-Pac for example (http://www.ultimarc.com/ipac1.html), it won't work with the game???

That would be a major screw up...

If the above is true, is there any way around this?

Thanks in advance

That guy is lying, it supports Xbox 360 controller where it changes the button-layout from numbers to Xbox buttons.
If you can manage to get your controller to work in Windows then it will work in-game, I'm playing this game with my PS3 controller.

Aof

Noob
So, a custom made Arcade stick with a PC interface like the I-Pac/Cthulhu/other should work?
I don't want to expend the big bucks for something that won't work.
Thanks for your answer.

PS: What other PC controller interfaces are there apart from the I-Pac and Cthulhu? That's the ones I came across after some searching.

AssassiN

Noob
So, a custom made Arcade stick with a PC interface like the I-Pac/Cthulhu/other should work?
Thanks for your answer.

PS: What other PC controller interfaces are there apart from the I-Pac and Cthulhu? That's the ones I came across after some searching.

I have no experience or knowledge of Arcade sticks, so I can't answer those questions for you.
Perhaps 9.95 can help you with that.

Noob
Thanks for your answer.

When you say "PC Interface" do you mean USB? That being the case, ALL controllers will be recognized, but not all are totally compatible with MK.

Check out my post here for my experiences with different controllers: http://testyourmight.com/threads/mk9-pc-online-mode-experiences.35122/page-5#post-1001505

Aof

Noob
When I say PC interface, I mean the ones I posted, like the I-Pac or the Cthulhu, which have a usb connection to the PC.
I read your post, but I am not sure you mention one of those or similar.

AssassiN

Noob
I think what you mean with PC interface is that they emulate keyboard inputs, so I guess they should work.