What's new

Does Anyone Want To Play MK9 For Nostalgia?

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
You can play it on xbox 360 to bad its not on xbox one it would be great almost like remaster with 4k resolution maan.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I do not recommend playing MK9 on ps now. Its really laggy.
I haven't quite figured that one out but that issue did randomly pop up during matches i had with @B W1zZ and @Toxic as well as at my neighbors house.

At 1st i thought my neighbors PS4 was just too far away from his modem and the Wi-Fi was acting up but W1zz and Toxie are wired 24/7, 365.

Anyone know why the digital version does this????

Last edited:

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
no it wasn't, the mod community has tried to 1 more patch that game about 10 times now. Its still super buggy and broken.
The balancing is generally agreed to have fixed virtually every single one of the major problems (resets, nerfing insane block traps like quan and skarlet's, buffing low tier chars, you name it) and numerous bugs and questionable mechanics were fixed (Input bug mostly fixed, random block adv bug gone, air breakers being insanely plus is gone, same as toasty boost giving meter, hitbox fixes and oh god so many fucking hitbox fixes at that. etc)
There's still stuff that needs to be fixed but work can take time. From pro players who've played the mod, I've gotten generally very good reception of the mod. The mod isn't perfect, but to say the game is still super buggy and broken is kind of BS. It's not easy to work with MK9 and people really underestimate the sheer amount of dumb coding choices NRS made.

trufenix

bye felicia
The balancing is generally agreed to have fixed virtually every single one of the major problems (resets, nerfing insane block traps like quan and skarlet's, buffing low tier chars, you name it) and numerous bugs and questionable mechanics were fixed (Input bug mostly fixed, random block adv bug gone, air breakers being insanely plus is gone, same as toasty boost giving meter, hitbox fixes and oh god so many fucking hitbox fixes at that. etc)
There's still stuff that needs to be fixed but work can take time. From pro players who've played the mod, I've gotten generally very good reception of the mod. The mod isn't perfect, but to say the game is still super buggy and broken is kind of BS. It's not easy to work with MK9 and people really underestimate the sheer amount of dumb coding choices NRS made.
Sorry to hurt your feeling, bud. Shoutouts to you for your work. But my point is you've been going over that build with a fine tooth comb for what, 5 years now and STILL MK9 hasn't magically been resurrected.

If MK9 was as "one patch away" as they say, we wouldn't have these threads every 3 months in between DLC characters.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
Sorry to hurt your feeling, bud. Shoutouts to you for your work. But my point is you've been going over that build with a fine tooth comb for what, 5 years now and STILL MK9 hasn't magically been resurrected.

If MK9 was as "one patch away" as they say, we wouldn't have these threads every 3 months in between DLC characters.
I blame the lack of interest in the community in trying to gather up for a offline tourney rather than the quality of the mod itself. (with no offense meant, organizing an offline tourney and travelling aren't going to be an easy thing to do and can be quite the pain in the ass, and for players who play more for money than anything else, an MK9 tourney isn't likely to have a huge pot bonus so there's that) If there's an objective problem however, that definitely prevents the ease of tourney play for MK9 in general though, it's the netcode, and it's something that's not easy to fix. If even VANILLA MK9, as in 1.00 with sindel and cyrax infs had GGPO and was easy to access on all platforms, you can bet your ass a lot of people would flock over that just because of the improved netcode and ease of access, regardless of the quality of the actual balancing.

Last edited:

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
King of broken shit you mean. MK9 is (soap bar in my mouth), MKX as well just a little bit less.
MK11 is where it's at.
mk9 its for hardcore pros only . Go play your clean safe footsies spacing random uppercut noob lucky krushing blow BS " high level competitive " d3 grab scrub tactic " LOL

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
The game is on PC and I used Parsec to play it with a buddy of mine, ran better than trying to just play the game online for me. If anyone has it on PC and wants to do it look into Parsec. You essentially let someone remote in to play the game as your 'second' player, so the game believes you're playing in offline versus mode.

trufenix

bye felicia
I blame the lack of interest in the community in trying to gather up for a offline tourney rather than the quality of the mod itself. (with no offense meant, organizing an offline tourney and travelling aren't going to be an easy thing to do and can be quite the pain in the ass, and for players who play more for money than anything else, an MK9 tourney isn't likely to have a huge pot bonus so there's that) If there's an objective problem however, that definitely prevents the ease of tourney play for MK9 in general though, it's the netcode, and it's something that's not easy to fix. If even VANILLA MK9, as in 1.00 with sindel and cyrax infs had GGPO and was easy to access on all platforms, you can bet your ass a lot of people would flock over that just because of the improved netcode and ease of access, regardless of the quality of the actual balancing.
I mean, blame the netcode, blame the community, blame the moon, whatever. We can go back and forth all day on the why. Those are excuses other communities don't make when they're hauling set ups to venues and putting on poverty streams.

Bottom line, despite the incredible work you (and others) put in (and seriously, kudos, I'm a programmer too and I respect the fuck out of your work) nobody ACTUALLY wants to play MK9 anymore. Its just a fun thing to say when you're mad at whatever else NRS is doing.

I'm waiting for someone to prove me wrong, tho.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Anyone on pc should consider the TE mod especially the "more more patch" crowd. The TE mod is the best patch you could have asked for and it feels amazing

TE + parsec for online = best MK experience free

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
Part of the reason why I loved Mk9 was because of the broken shit. I loved using it and I loved watching people lose to it. Mk11 could use some 90% unbreakable damage. Balanced games sound good in theory but can be super bland as well.
exactly . playing cheap characters like kabal cyrax and smoke was great . That feeling of being hit by those damage monsters was so cool . And being able to beat them was even cooler . And with that netcode we wore jedies lol This kids will never understand lol

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I mean, blame the netcode, blame the community, blame the moon, whatever. We can go back and forth all day on the why. Those are excuses other communities don't make when they're hauling set ups to venues and putting on poverty streams.

Bottom line, despite the incredible work you (and others) put in (and seriously, kudos, I'm a programmer too and I respect the fuck out of your work) nobody ACTUALLY wants to play MK9 anymore. Its just a fun thing to say when you're mad at whatever else NRS is doing.

I'm waiting for someone to prove me wrong, tho.
No. I just want to play the regular version vs some great players. Give me your broken characters all day, give me low tiers give your main 30 matches in a row, FUCK we can double hidden random if it makes your pee-pee feel tingly but i ACTUALLY DO want to play MK9 with some of my old friends and new faces as well

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I play offline when I get the chance. Online is absolutely unplayable for this game. Parsec is the only way to be playable but one of the players will have to tolerate some delay.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I play offline when I get the chance. Online is absolutely unplayable for this game. Parsec is the only way to be playable but one of the players will have to tolerate some delay.
My connection DOES feel like offline... Try it and see. What's the worst thing that might happen? You'll play 20 matches before finally realizing the only frame difference is the bare minimum standard it takes for any and all online games to reach the server with inputs.

Trust me, on my shit, you will truly start to question whether the netcode really was the problem as opposed to people with slow internet or people using Wi-Fi or running more devices than their bandwidth can handle.

Lag/delay doesn't exist for me

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
My connection DOES feel like offline... Try it and see. What's the worst thing that might happen? You'll play 20 matches before finally realizing the only frame difference is the bare minimum standard it takes for any and all online games to reach the server with inputs.

Trust me, on my shit, you will truly start to question whether the netcode really was the problem as opposed to people with slow internet or people using Wi-Fi or running more devices than their bandwidth can handle.

Lag/delay doesn't exist for me
Lol