What's new

DOA(Dead or Alive) Thread!

AngryWorm

Hitomi's Pet
Justice, you're wrong. Hitomi > All

Just curious - what are peoples thoughts about DOA5? I'm interested in seeing what others outside of the DOA community think about it.

Justice

Noob
Justice, you're wrong. Hitomi > All

Just curious - what are peoples thoughts about DOA5? I'm interested in seeing what others outside of the DOA community think about it.
Bah. Hitomi was still in diapers when the real girls of DoA were tearin it up :D

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
Looking to be very high in the flare department but I'm worried about it's depth. The DoA games in general have never received much respect for their technical game play and this is looking to jump even further in the direction of pretty > depth. I mean QTEs in a fighting game? You serious? I wont knock it till I try it but I have my doubts.

That being said I love DoA and will definitely get it and enjoy it, just don't get your hopes up on a robust scene. Which is sad because I was avidly into the DoA scene back when PL won Evo.

AngryWorm

Hitomi's Pet
Looking to be very high in the flare department but I'm worried about it's depth. The DoA games in general have never received much respect for their technical game play and this is looking to jump even further in the direction of pretty > depth. I mean QTEs in a fighting game? You serious? I wont knock it till I try it but I have my doubts.

That being said I love DoA and will definitely get it and enjoy it, just don't get your hopes up on a robust scene. Which is sad because I was avidly into the DoA scene back when PL won Evo.
I remember that. I'm not really a big PL fan myself, but he has had a fabulous career playing fighting games.

Honestly, I'm terrified about what I've heard about DOA5. The fact they're referring to it as 'fighting entertainment' makes me groan, and there seems to be a lot of random elements in the game. QTE's, Environmental hazards, etc. I'll still play the game and love it since I am, and always will be, a DOA fan, but they seem to be going hard for the casual market and ignoring the hardcore players.