What's new

Do you wish to have a more defensive game?

Do you agree with this idea

• Yes

Votes: 23 69.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters
When I played mkx I felt the game heavily favored the offense. Maybe injustice 2 will come with more of a balance. I haven't played it so I wouldn't know. I just want to see the communities opinions on my proposal to strengthen defense. If you disagree and wish to see a more defensive game write what you think should happen down below.

Say if you punish a move on block within the first 3 frames possible (like a reversal). You'll receive a SLIGHT damage buff on the move/combo you punished with. This will only work on moves -9 or more negative.
I dont have any reason on why I pick -9. It was just seemed to be a number that was not too low but high. The number can change and you can write some tweaks to the idea below.

Injustice 2 will almost certainly play out more defensively than MKX, because (among several other things) pushblock still exists.

As for your suggestion, I don't think it would really add much to the game. Punishes in Injustice 1 were damaging enough, and it doesn't seem like Injustice 2 will be too different on that front - there's no real need to buff that further.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
1/4 Bars Pushblock.
Anti airs.
B3/F3 plus on block armor.
resourceles invincible backdashes.
Larger stages etc etc...
Inj2 will be everything I wanted MKX to be!

but imo a fun game should reward all play styles from keep away/zoning, defensive, offensive, traps set ups, vortex, grapple chars etc.

Last edited:

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
Also, grabs cause some normals and strings to completely wiff in IGAU. BTW, I voted "No" because I think Injustice gives you a lot of defensive options. It's just that some of them don't work properly.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
To everyone saying nothing is universal well that's fine cause each char should play differently.

so some will excel at some things but will be weak at other things, that is what a balance game should be like.

Also AAs are better in Inj2 than Inj1.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
To everyone saying nothing is universal well that's fine cause each char should play differently.

so some will excel at some things but will be weak at other things, that is what a balance game should be like.

Also AAs are better in Inj2 than Inj1.
i dont know if being free to jump ins is a good character trait tho

omooba

fear the moobs
i still don't understand why for the most part top players favor defensive play over offense

Redk9

Noob
If the beta was any indication it's a pretty good balance between offense and defense so far. Supergirl, superman, and batman could zone effectively. We haven't even got to see high level gameplay of the more dedicated zoners so I have hope

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Defense makes for hype matches.

Yes high octane flashy, swaggy combos are great but those are meant to wow you and reward you for winning the neutral. And once again no character should get over 35% dmg in a combo with spending a bar or two. Thats just me tho.

Anyway defensive characters and players are so interwsting. Think Justin Wong. He baits, he waits, to hunts. Then when you fuck up and leave that one little gap you hear the crowd and annoucers yell WONG FACTOR!!!! His turtling paid off.

I love playing defensively because that can teach you so much about your enemy. Then you use that to pow wow their asses into damnation securing your arrival into Top 8.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
i still don't understand why for the most part top players favor defensive play over offense
In my opinion it's because almost anybody can be good at offense. But not just anyone can have high-level defense. For example in MKX, anyone can pick a 50/50 character and just mix you to death and keep putting you in hard knockdown or standing reset situations where you force your opponent to guess again, and just keep the cycle going.

In Injustice 1 for example, alot of people remember the 30 second block string that my little brother blocked from Batman. Not just anyone can do that, not at all. Or another example is when you see people block earth shake from Doomsday like 9 times out of 10, many people look at that and find it really impressive. It takes a certain level of patience and self control to have good defense. It's way more difficult to be patient and precise than it is to be aggressive and crazy.

That's why good defense is much more rare to see from players than good offense, and that's why you want good defense in a fighting game to seperate the high-level players from the mid-level players.

In MKX there are top players with really bad defense, but it doesn't matter because offense is so good in MKX that person can just run you over with 50/50's the whole round and you never even get the chance to test their defense.