What's new

Do you think Injustice will have a larger fan-base in the America's or..?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Title speaks for itself... I'd love to see more players from across the globe get in to Injustice/NRS' game. Do you think the game will be big in other parts of the world - anything close to SF in Japan or other countries?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
just like how mk9 became the worlds game and not just america's, i think the same will happen with injustice.
as for getting as big as SF in japan, i dont see that happening with the 1st entry of this new series.
i cant wait to play it though, really hope it goes down well in the irish scene.
be nice to have both mk9 and injustice at events

SLy

Noob
DC Universe is not as famous out there as it is in the Americas.. Its not like Marvel but I can see a lot of people from the outside giving it a try since the gameplay resembles other fighters with the new blocking system now. That change is bigger to everyone else than we realize.

Solo

Shadow Priest
It really depends on how well the game does in general. If the game is good, people will play it. Word will spread. If it sucks, they won't.

Japan enjoys manga over comics. So the title won't be enough to sell overseas as it would in the U.S.

Unless they release it for arcade, japan probably won't pick up. Plus they're probably not big on DC so the only reason they'd pick it up is if it's a good game.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I don't see it becoming bigger than SF in Japan, there are just things about American comics that the Japanese just don't like, not to mention Japan has a slew of other fighters that are popular over there. As goig global I can see it happening as long as the game is as good its being professed to be. Though DC isn't a hugely popular thing on a global scale it still has very well known characters on the world wide scale such as Superman and Batman.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
There is no way to tell, i think it's pretty much a given that it's going to be big in the US simply because the amount of players you guys actually have, it's basically a lock.

i know alot of people in the UK are going to be picking it up, but i can't speak for the rest of Europe. and of course it's a question of if the players here actually like the game or not. :p

I think sales will mostly be in America, but only time will tell. Getting more and more hype for this game everyday, cannot wait until some more reveals.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Occasional gamers might could buy it for curiosity .....

DC fanboys who enjoy fighting games, sure, will !

Pro gamers, top level competition kind, like TYM people here, will , if the game looks itself good as fighting game, with all good technical stuff that is being promoted to come with

So, in the end, we have to see .....

The game, in theory looks like incredible amazing ..... a good step for NRS , to create a great new franchise, and to be not so dependent of MK games ..... and the best part : their experience with Injustice, will bring , maybe , some good news elements, for the new MK , what is inevitable to happen in some place in a medium - long future ahead

What supposed would work out pretty good in Injustice, and having the "ok" from FG community, probably can be inserted as FG element in a new MK.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
There is no way to tell, i think it's pretty much a given that it's going to be big in the US simply because the amount of players you guys actually have, it's basically a lock.

i know alot of people in the UK are going to be picking it up, but i can't speak for the rest of Europe. and of course it's a question of if the players here actually like the game or not. :p
I'm pretty jealous of Europe's collector edition. A better statue and tin case? Fuck that, you can have the numbers give the the goodies! :REO

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I think good ol' Murica will definitely have the bigger following, but there will be scenes sprinkled throughout the globe playing just like MK9. The only thing I'm concerned about with Injustice is the longevity. I'm a little concerned a lot of people will only play it for a short while because of the superhero themed business. Kind of like how everyone jumped on the Batman bandwagon after the Dark Knight films and now no one gives a shit.

SLy

Noob
I think good ol' Murica will definitely have the bigger following, but there will be scenes sprinkled throughout the globe playing just like MK9. The only thing I'm concerned about with Injustice is the longevity. I'm a little concerned a lot of people will only play it for a short while because of the superhero themed business. Kind of like how everyone jumped on the Batman bandwagon after the Dark Knight films and now no one gives a shit.
Aesthetics always wash away in any game overtime..I think the longevity of it will depend on how deep the game is. If there are hardcore fundamentals and in depth gameplay(Which im pretty sure there is) then this game will last long.

Believe it or not the netcode is also gonna be the lifeline of this game..Its gonna determine how big the community gets.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Aesthetics always wash away in any game overtime..I think the longevity of it will depend on how deep the game is. If there are hardcore fundamentals and in depth gameplay(Which im pretty sure there is) then this game will last long.

Believe it or not the netcode is also gonna be the lifeline of this game..Its gonna determine how big the community gets.
I hope you're right. There really is no debate here lol.