What's new

Do you think fighting games can make a person act violent?

i experienced this tonight.

long story short, i snapped.
i don't know what had happened to me.

we were having a discussion as to who would make top 3 in a local street fighter tournament. i was included in that discussion.

apparently the guy next to me who was at our gathering told me"nah your lucky if you get last" i was like oh really? then i was like" man you talk a lot of shit in fighting games let's see if you can do that in a real fight" because to be honest with you he always had.
but, don't even know why i said that. but i did. and he was like" nah your a fucking fagot"

then i stood up, and i was said "alright let's throw it down motherfucker" as he walked away, i grabbed the nearest thing,
which was my arcade stick, and bashed his head with it, he was knocked to the wall, then as my friends were trying to take me away from him, i grabbed him by the throat, and punched him right in the face. they had to let him leave first because i wasn't done with him yet. and as he was leaving i tried to open his door because i knew i was just going to finish what i had started. but he sped off.

this i know was probably the worst way i could have handled it, like i said all this for a discussion on games.
you just never know when you've had enough, and if your emotions get to you.. things like this might occur.

i guess you could say i don't mind being ridiculed on this. this is of course why i posted it on here.
this is probably one of the many examples as to why a person might snap over a game.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Anything can have a strong influence on your life, and that includes video games. Only you control what you do and should man up when it comes to the consequences.

understood completely, i apparently just couldn't resolve this matter with a brain and instead did it with violence.

im not a violent guy, believe me im not. im far from it. but like i said, i guess you could say enough was enough in my mind at that point.

Damn dude wtf sounds like you were at some kind of Marvel Vs. Capcom tournament. But anyway dude focus on yourself , stop caring what others think, they're all salty anyway

Honestly some things cant be resolved with words. Sometimes i wish it wasnt against the law to bash someone in the head for being a fucktard or big talking douche....Alot of people talk shit cuz they know they can just call the cops if you do anything. On the bright side for you tho i think he does indeed get your point on who would win in the tournament. If someone had argued their side to me as eloquently and poignantly as you did i would be inclined to agree with you too.

X820

Noob
Let this soak in for a few seconds... " video - GAME " < -- :sleepy:

Now, basically what he did was call you a scrub at a game in wich you may or may not be one.

And therefor you grabbed a (heavy lol) controller to bash his skull in and then kick his ass some more. wow

Eventhough I don't know you, I'm gonna go ahead and say this..

Seek help, seriously.

Getting upset or whatever is one thing, but this makes no sense whatsoever, I always hated emo-pricks that take a FUCKING video-GAME to far and act as if they were Ryu, scorpion or *pick one*

It's sad man, really.