What's new

Do you think CSZ is going to get nerfed?

Niflheim

Noob
Well, recently, I've been hearing a lot of all the top tier characters getting nerfed so almost everyone is even. CSZ is considered top tier by many, so, if this patch IS going to come, do you think CSZ is going to get nerfed? I don't know what the hell they're going to nerf, if they do, but knowing NRS, they'll find something if people complain about him enough.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
I was wondering is there any legitimate punishes for his kick?

I wish they'd change his bomb command seriously but one can only dream

But everything else is fine, i doubt theyll be dumb enough to take out his traps though

Niflheim

Noob
I think reptile's dash, but only if it hits high, and sometimes it still whiffs. Then there's Ermac's Lift. That's the only two I know truly.
And if they do nerf him, they better change his bomb commands. Medium bomb couldn't be any farther away.

JennyCage

t('.'t)
Cyber has way too many bad matchups to be considered top tier and he has no mechanic that's broken or even overpowered. His 3,4 overhead can be fuzzy guarded easily, his b3,2 is slow to come out and easy to guard, and his shittily mapped mid-bomb stops him from pressuring with same speed and efficiency as other characters. His pokes are bad too.

The only thing slightly suspect about Cyber is some character's inability to punish his divekick, but divekicks are the only way Cyber can really "zone." As far as his bomb trap, it's only a trap if they're in the corner because otherwise they can opt to roll back and avoid it completely.

I would be very surprised if they nerfed Cyber.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Cyber has way too many bad matchups to be considered top tier and he has no mechanic that's broken or even overpowered. His 3,4 overhead can be fuzzy guarded easily, his b3,2 is slow to come out and easy to guard, and his shittily mapped mid-bomb stops him from pressuring with same speed and efficiency as other characters. His pokes are bad too.

The only thing slightly suspect about Cyber is some character's inability to punish his divekick, but divekicks are the only way Cyber can really "zone." As far as his bomb trap, it's only a trap if they're in the corner because otherwise they can opt to roll back and avoid it completely.

I would be very surprised if they nerfed Cyber.
Cyber needs no Nerfs.

Cyber rolls certain characters or gets rolled by the rest, he can't be top tier as his match ups are just ridiculous. I will lose to a fairly average Ermac player 8 times out of 10.

His bombs do not work, and have two sets of rules, whilst Cyrax gets a free pass.

His X-ray can only be fired out naked and in the air, it will only chain off :l:bp:bk, in a juggle, and midscreen it will wiff...

He can't close space without dive kicking, and they will be fully punished if hit above the waist, and you have to relay on dive kicks as his bombs cannot be relied on to zone your opponent, as they pose no threat, because they don't even freeze...

Even if i throw a mid bomb, it wont reach the opponent full screen, and if I throw a long bomb, it will go past the opponent with half a dash, so closing space safely still does not work.

I can't dash back or forward into a :d:fk without spitting a bomb and getting fully combo'd.

Being able to Parry back to back means that Cyber's pokes :d:fk and :d:fp are reduced in speed and recovery, but the Back to Back parry against poking characters is useless, and against characters that can't poke, they get shut out completely.

He needs his bombs to freeze everytime, as there are no possible infinities with his double freeze rule, there will be no more traps than what cyrax already has.

He needs his :l:bp:bk string to chain dive kick special moves to finally make sense of his juggle combos, you can :x from it, but for some reason, no dive kicks.

If this character gets a single nerf then Il never step another foot near him again, Its already hard enough to win with him.

UsedForGlue

Might I add..

His Teleport is tacked on from Cyrax, even though it is horribly unsafe, it still has a cool down time on it...

They already have sub zero's teleport animation from MKvsDC in the game, but it is used as a tag swap out in tag mode, a waste of a perfectly brilliant teleport, as sub zero was able to parry from the teleport, although, without the parry it was unsafe. Perfect. It would fall into his game brilliantly.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
i dont see why they would nerf him, his dive kicks are punishable depending on where he hits you on block, even if it's blocked he isnt right up in your face.

i think they should either leave cyber the way he is OR patch his bombs up a little bit in a future expansion or something, it's been proven cyber sub zero can be played at a high level so if they nerf him i would have no idea why.

UsedForGlue

i dont see why they would nerf him, his dive kicks are punishable depending on where he hits you on block, even if it's blocked he isnt right up in your face.

i think they should either leave cyber the way he is OR patch his bombs up a little bit in a future expansion or something, it's been proven cyber sub zero can be played at a high level so if they nerf him i would have no idea why.
Bomb Buff.
Dive Kicks after :l:bp:bk
Proper teleport
Remove back to back parrys
Replace back to back parrys with faster recovery on pokes

REO

Undead
CSZ isn't "top tier", anyone who has picked him up and tried playing him against competitive players who use high tiers would understand this. He also has some serious design / gameplay flaws (bombs, parry, pokes) that need to be adjusted.

Since there are better characters like Sub-Zero who are confirmed in getting buffs for the next patch, I don't see how they couldn't do the same for CSZ and many other characters.

CaliJokerstyle

Dies A Lot
CSZ isn't "top tier", anyone who has picked him up and tried playing him against competitive players who use high tiers would understand this. He also has some serious design / gameplay flaws (bombs, parry, pokes) that need to be adjusted.

Since there are better characters like Sub-Zero who are confirmed in getting buffs for the next patch, I don't see how they couldn't do the same for CSZ and many other characters.
If they Nerf him that is ridiculous. I agree with REO though i feel he is high tier or would be with a fix of his bombs. I also agree that if Subby is getting a buff they need to look at CSZ for at least a fix with those bombs. his pokes arnt great but whatever, His parry could use some buffs but it is still good if used right and not over used. He is just one of the chars that are still being totally explored so to nerf him is stupid, And a true buff may be unwarranted(Fix ice bombs is not a buff IMHO).

UsedForGlue

I have been trying to call the attention to his :l:bp:bk string, it allows you to :x from it, but midscreen it wiffs, even in a juggle, but will catch in a corner, but only from a juggle.

They need to allow his short dive kick from this string, as it will be safe on block (hitting below the waist) and give him some control midscreen without always jumping and being punished for every dive kick.

What do you think about allowing dive kicks chained into :l:bp:bk ?

UsedForGlue

If they Nerf him that is ridiculous. I agree with REO though i feel he is high tier or would be with a fix of his bombs. I also agree that if Subby is getting a buff they need to look at CSZ for at least a fix with those bombs. his pokes arnt great but whatever, His parry could use some buffs but it is still good if used right and not over used. He is just one of the chars that are still being totally explored so to nerf him is stupid, And a true buff may be unwarranted(Fix ice bombs is not a buff IMHO).
His parry is bull shit against poking characters, and when that fails, you sure as fuck can't beat them with your pokes...

Thats the problem.

How about making his ice parry work on everything physical except armor breaking moves but also increase it's recovery?

They could also give his EN dive kick armor to help vs characters that have good air control.

UsedForGlue

How about making his ice parry work on everything except armor breaking moves but also increase it's recovery?

They could also give his EN dive kick armor to help vs characters that have good air control.
No, the parry is not the problem, its the fact that his pokes were reduced on start up and recovery for the ability to back to back parry.

The back to back parry needs to go, and he needs better poking, or else, Kitana LOSE, Mileena, LOSE, Kabal LOSE.

Here is an example of why back to back parry's dont work.

JIP, :fk:bk (Blocked) I go to parry after the string because I know kitana will poke my next move, the :d:fp beats my parry, so next time, I poke after the string with :d:fk, but kitana's :d:fp beats that also all because my pokes are reduced to compensate for my back to back parry's.

See the problem now?

He needs his pokes, not his back to back parry.

Rapid

Magical Gaming Wizard
I have been trying to call the attention to his :l:bp:bk string, it allows you to :x from it, but midscreen it wiffs, even in a juggle, but will catch in a corner, but only from a juggle.
You can Xray off of B3, 2, thats what i like to do because its a shoryuken :p. It works midscreen, haven't tried corner though. I like to 2,1 freeze then jump in punch B3,2 Xray.

Cyber Sub-Zero definitely does not need nerfs, as for buffs i really just want them to remap the bomb inputs.

Piggy

City Slicker
I was wondering is there any legitimate punishes for his kick?

I wish they'd change his bomb command seriously but one can only dream

But everything else is fine, i doubt theyll be dumb enough to take out his traps though
I was thinking the same thing. Wished it was like DF3 or something like that. Not FF3!

CSZ is one of the most silly characters in the game. There were some goofy decisions made about his design, just totally bass-ackwards stuff going on with him. I know it will never ever happen, but IMO he is a character that needs a complete redesign. I would not be surprised if CSZ was one of the last characters implemented.

He was largely put together by reusing assets of other characters.

Bombs - easily implemented because Cyrax already had them. change the colors, add some particles, change the rules a bit
Ice ball - same thing, but from Sub
Dive kicks - a not uncommon move that other characters have
Slide - copied almost verbatim from Sub/Rep
Teleport - exact copy of Cyrax, changed rules
X - ray - literally just his own dive kick given a X-ray rules

He is also the only non guest character that has only 1 costume.

IMO CSZ was not given much attention, and it shows because he is not cohesive. His theme is on the surface like sub zero, but gameplay wise... he has no real theme and thats a shame. I dont think he was ever intended to be a heavily played character.