What's new

Do you main more females over males in Fighting games? Any Personality Preference?

Komatose

The Prettiest
The reason I pick female characters is because of in-game sex appeal. I do not like playing with big, muscular idiots... Do not get me wrong though. I do like male comic characters, male anime characters etc. I am in no way against them. I just prefer to actually play or fight with the females. I don't only play with females. For an example, I've been playing with Flash this entire week. And if Lobo didn't suck, I would play with him. I play with Superman as well. But my mains? All females. I think of it as a fun, in-game identity.

FG main list:

MK1: Sub-Zero.
MK2: Mileena
UMK3: Sonya, Mileena, Cyber Smoke
MK9: Noob Saibot, Kabal and Skarlet.
MKA: Sareena and Nitara
MKDA: Kitana
MKD: Kira
AE: Cammy and Sakura. I play a little Evil Ryu as well.
SFxT: Cammy and Poison. Xiaoyu and Lili.
Tag 2: Kunimitsu. I can't even learn another character...
Skullgirls: Not like it matters but Valentine is the only character I actually know.
P4A: Labrys and Shadow Labrys
SCV: Natsu and a little Tira.
KOF2K2: Angel, Yuri and Athena.
Injustice: Batgirl and Raven. Soon to be Batgirl, Raven and Zatanna.

I like to play characters who's personality and looks I admire. Regardless of their tier and all of that. All characters I've listed I've picked up because of looks and personality. Never really cared if they got nerfed or buffed. I've always loved these characters and stuck with them. It just so happens I've favored females over the years.

tldr; tits.

cyke_out

Noob
I choose gameplay first, I like brawlers and heavy hitters, it just so happens that most of those with that playstyle are male.

Hulk/Sentinel
Doomsday
Bison/Balrog
Hakuman
Kliff/Potemkin
Jeffry
Miguel/Marduk
Clark/Maximum
Nitghtmare/Astorath/Aeon

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
I always mained the character I loved in each and every fighting game I played.

I am not really a fan of female characters in fighting games, but I don't hate them or anything. Me liking a female character means that I find that character cool.
Kang, Scorpion, SubZero & Kung Lao are the 4 horsemen in the MK universe so these are the ones I tried first.

Other fighters...
Tekken: Law(s), Lei, Paul, King.
Street Fighter: Ken, Vega, Sagat, Fei Long

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
The reason I pick female characters is because of in-game sex appeal. I do not like playing with big, muscular idiots... Do not get me wrong though. I do like male comic characters, male anime characters etc. I am in no way against them. I just prefer to actually play or fight with the females. I don't only play with females. For an example, I've been playing with Flash this entire week. And if Lobo didn't suck, I would play with him. I play with Superman as well. But my mains? All females. I think of it as a fun, in-game identity.

FG main list:

MK1: Sub-Zero.
MK2: Mileena
UMK3: Sonya, Mileena, Cyber Smoke
MK9: Noob Saibot, Kabal and Skarlet.
MKA: Sareena and Nitara
MKDA: Kitana
MKD: Kira
AE: Cammy and Sakura. I play a little Evil Ryu as well.
SFxT: Cammy and Poison. Xiaoyu and Lili.
Tag 2: Kunimitsu. I can't even learn another character...
Skullgirls: Not like it matters but Valentine is the only character I actually know.
P4A: Labrys and Shadow Labrys
SCV: Natsu and a little Tira.
KOF2K2: Angel, Yuri and Athena.
Injustice: Batgirl and Raven. Soon to be Batgirl, Raven and Zatanna.

I like to play characters who's personality and looks I admire. Regardless of their tier and all of that. All characters I've listed I've picked up because of looks and personality. Never really cared if they got nerfed or buffed. I've always loved these characters and stuck with them. It just so happens I've favored females over the years.

tldr; tits.
#Titsforlyfe

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
For me it has nothing to do with gender. Just what character(s) I like the most. For instance, I love Zoey from L4d1. Played her almost exclusively unless someone else picked her. L4D2 I thought Nick was coolest so I played him.

But for fun, let me think about all the characters I prefer to play in fighting games:

MK - Scorpion, Sektor, Quan Chi, Mileena, Kitanna
IGAU - Not sure yet. So far - Aquaman, Doomsday, Batgirl, Deathstroke
SF - Sagat, Vega, Dudley. Ibuki
Tekken - King, Armor King, Bryan
SC - Taki, Raphael
Killer Instinct - Fulgore, Spinal, Orchid
VF - Eileen (Not a huge fan of this series)

BONUS ROUND
Mace: The Dark Age - Lord Deimos, Sir Dregan, and of course, Pojo: The Fighting Chicken
Double Dragon V - Sekka, Blade, Bones

EXTRA DUMB BONUS ROUND (Yes, I totally played this)
Rumble Roses - Aisha

CrazyBread

Princess Diana
Not sure why but I've always mained a girl and guy pair I have no clue why but it always ends up happening xD

MK9 - Kitana & Jax
Soul Calibur Series - Taki & Siegfried
TTT2 - Lili & Kazuya
SFIV AE - Cammy & Dudley
Injustice - WW & Black Adam
SFxT - Cammy & Lili

Komatose

The Prettiest
I forgot Killer Instinct.

Killer Instinct: Fulgore was such a badass so of course I played him. Orchid I loved and I also tried to play Glacius but his timing felt weird. If I felt more comfortable playing him, I would surely pick him up because I think he's really awesome too.

Killer Instinct Gold: Kim Wu, Orchid and Fulgore.

I played Vanessa in VF but forget that game...

So I'm not all about the females... I like le males as well. ^.^

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
#YouAlreadyKnow
True dat.
Looks are very important for me. It's always been that way: if I like character design, I'll play him/her no matter his/her tier position. But I won't play top tier if I don't like his/her design. Unfortunately, most of top tiers in lots of games are so meh to me.

Geoduck

Halfasser
Oh boy, here we go!
SSB: Mario
SSBM: Ganondorf, Mewtwo, and Roy
SSBB: Mr. Game & Watch, Ganondorf, and King Dedede
Soul Calibur: Voldo
Tekken: Yoshimitsu, Marshall Law
KI: Spinal, Glacius, and Cinder
MK: DA: Drahmin
MK: D: Noob Smoke, Havik
MK9: Noob Saibot, Sub Zero(Bi Han)
I:GAU: Sinestro, The Joker, and maybe Aquaman

I only main those who are the coolest of the cool, the baddest of the bad, and the most obscure of obscurity. :cool:

Last edited:

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
I forgot Killer Instinct.

Killer Instinct: Fulgore was such a badass so of course I played him. Orchid I loved and I also tried to play Glacius but his timing felt weird. If I felt more comfortable playing him, I would surely pick him up because I think he's really awesome too.

Killer Instinct Gold: Kim Wu, Orchid and Fulgore.

I played Vanessa in VF but forget that game...

So I'm not all about the females... I like le males as well. ^.^
I completely forgot about Kim Wu! She was awesome.

Komatose

The Prettiest
Oh boy, here we go!
SSB: Captain Falcon
SSBM: Ganondorf, Mewtwo
SSBB: Mr. Game & Watch
Soul Calibur: Voldo
Tekken: Yoshimitsu
KI: Spinal, Glacius, and Cinder
MK: DA: Drahmin
MK: D: Noob Smoke, Havik
MK9: Noob, Sub Zero(Bi Han)
I:GAU: Sinestro, Lex Luthor, and Solomon Grundy
I only main those who are the coolest of the cool, the baddest of the bad, and the most obscure of obscurity. :cool:
I was going to point out flaws in your list of "Baddest of the bad" until I saw "obscurity" at the end lol. Good game Voldo, Yoshi and Drahmin.

Guilty Gear: A.B.A.
Persona 4 Arena: Labrys
Street Fighter 4: Rose
Soul Calibur: Hilde
Tekken Tag 2: Asuka/Alisa
SF x TK: Asuka/Alisa
Injustice: Hawkgirl/Zatanna when released

Just happens that most of the character designs I like in games tend to be female and use giant weapons.

August

yssalc sa lleh
I usually pick my mains based on this criteria:

1. Playstyle - Either I choose characters that are heavy on projectiles and traps, or I just like the way they feel.

2. Personality/Design - I usually pick characters that are CCC (cool, calm, collected), mysterious, or "dictator" characters. I also tend to use magic characters.

3. How often the character is used - I tend to stay away from top tiers because they're usually the most commonly played characters. I like using characters that aren't seen often. If I like their playstyle and personality enough, then I use them anyway.

I:GAU - Ares, Harley. Secondaries: Lex, Martian Manhunter
UMvC3 - Doctor Strange/Doctor Doom/Amaterasu. Secondary: Morrigan/Dormammu/Doctor Strange

I don't play these games as much as those 3, but my mains are:
SF: Bipson, Rose, Q
Soul Calibur: Zasalamel, Yun-Seong (in SCV: Viola/Dampierre)
Tekken: Miguel, Dragunov, Lili, Kazuya
MK: Quan Chi, Rain
Skullgirls: Parasoul/Peacock
SSB: Peach, Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Ness, Ganondorf
Playstation All-Stars: Sly Cooper, Ratchet
Darkstalkers: Demitri, Jedah

Seems like I main mostly guys and 1 girl in most games. I don't really think about gender, though.

DarkPage

Noob
LOL, i have friend who only mains females in every Fighting game because he is a bit pervert and he likes to see boobs moving around, asses flying and all the extras, this is totally the opposite of your brother LMAO
this was the exact reason i used chicks in fighting games when i was younger, now idk,.. its all about that character crisis of who i relate to more, who will get me more wins, and who is nobody playing so i can be one of the few that uses them.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
I make it a point to get good at every girl character in the each fighting game I play. Or at least manageable with them. So far my two all time favorites are: Milleena and Zatanna. Followed closely by Kitanna and Raven/Catwomen. I find that typically girls are the fastest or just bad ass zoners. And big boobs with heels...? Need I say more?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
MKA - Ashrah, Jade, Sindel
MK9 - Sonya, Kitana, Jade
Injustice - Wonder Woman, Zatanna, Hawkgirl
UMVC3 - Trish, Morrigan, Storm
Skullgirls - Filia, Parasoul, Cerebela

Girls Power <3

Kaymai

inside of this girl is a beast
well since im a girl i'm usually always first drawn to other girls. over time i may end up playing male characters if i try them out and end up doing better with them.

SF4

i was originally going to play chun li since i played her a lot in the sf2 days. over time i ended up eventually maining boxer till ae2012 when i ended up learning and playing rose and sakura more.

MK9

i went to mileena in the beginning but i ended up playing so many characters in that game. i probably did my best with liu kang and kenshi. at the end i was playing rain alot because...well fuck it at that point i wasn't in tournaments anymore.

Injustice

i was all hyped about playing wonder woman before the game came out. took second at a local tournament with her. eventually i came to enjoy how green lantern played and used him quite a bit. ended up doing my best with batgirl once i picked her up and never looked back.

KI

i was dead set on only playing orchid...then i found out sabrewolf was a better orchid than orchid. so now i sabrewolf. the end.