What's new

Do you main more females over males in Fighting games? Any Personality Preference?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Curious, do you main female characters over males in others games? Why do they have of so special that keeps dragging you into them?

I Personally like badass women, maybe that is why i get attracted a lot by female characters in video games, if they are male, they're stoic or hot headed in personality, sometimes its a combo of female and stoic, i do love stoic characters, they're always badass.

Here is my historic
KOF - Leona (Stoic)
TTT2 - Kunimistsu (Stoic), (in other tekken series i main jin, and he is stoic)
MK9 - Skarlet (Stoic) ( in other versions i main scorp who is hot headed basically)
SSFVI - Ibuki, Cammy
Ex2+ = Doctrine Dark (Stoic)
Last Blade: Moriya (Stoic)
Samurai Shodown II - Haohmaru (hot headed)
Samurai Shodown V Special - Sogetsu (Stoic) Kazuki (hot headed)
Warriors Rage 2 - Seishiro Kuki (stoic) [Huge Fan]

Show me yours pls

Gender doesn't matter to me. I play whoever I like, male or female. However, my brother refuses to play females in any games. He has the opposite mindset of 14 year old kids who only play females because they can't look at a guys ass. (why you have to look at his ass of all things eludes me).

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I never understood why, but I have always used females more in almost any game, in RPGs I always make females IDK why but I do and in FGs the females typically are always within my favorite play style of being fast characters.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
The only females I ever mained were Peacock and Painwheel.

Peacock had an awesome personality, was entertaining and her moves were awesome. Painwheel was all-around badass and kicked the shit outta err'one. Skullgirls was just a fun game in general :3

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Gender doesn't matter to me. I play whoever I like, male or female. However, my brother refuses to play females in any games. He has the opposite mindset of 14 year old kids who only play females because they can't look at a guys ass. (why you have to look at his ass of all things eludes me).
LOL, i have friend who only mains females in every Fighting game because he is a bit pervert and he likes to see boobs moving around, asses flying and all the extras, this is totally the opposite of your brother LMAO

ryublaze

Noob
I main the kewlest looking characters.

SSBM (Falco)
SSBB (Falco)
Naruto GNT3&4 (Itachi)
SC4 (Character Creation)
MK9 (Scorp/Sub/Sek/Skar)
Injustice (Deathstroke/Ares)

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
In MMO's I tend to stick with males because I try and recreate myself the best I can.

In fighting games it doesn't really matter, but looking back, I feel like I have a slant towards females. I don't feel like there is any reason behind this, just pure coincidence.

Espio

Kokomo
I just play who I like honestly and go from there. I don't have a preference for the gender of characters and usually latch on to one male and one female character to play and main unless the roster doesn't have more than one character I'm really interested in overall like Soul Calibur 5 for example, only really liked Viola.

I prefer obscure or underused characters usually though, always have...but I have no idea why.

MK9: Stryker + Jade
TTT2: Zafina+Raven
SCV: Viola
P4A: Naoto
IGAU: Hawkgirl +Cyborg

Gruff757

The Gruff
Let's See.....

MK: Jade, Quan Chi, Sektor

SF : Sakura, Dee Jay, Elena

DOA: Lisa, Alpha, Zack

VF: Jeffry

Tekken: Julia/Michelle, Paul

Skullgirls: Parasoul

Injustice: Grundy, Hawkgirl, Shazam

Soul Calibur: Zaslamel, Yun Seong, Xiangua/Leixia, Yoshimitsu

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Let's See.....

MK: Jade, Quan Chi, Sektor

SF : Sakura, Dee Jay, Elena

DOA: Lisa, Alpha, Zack

VF: Jeffry

Tekken: Julia/Michelle, Paul

Skullgirls: Parasoul

Injustice: Grundy, Hawkgirl, Shazam

Soul Calibur: Zaslamel, Yun Seong, Xiangua/Leixia, Yoshimitsu
yup, definitely there ^^

Goldi

Noob
My first fighting game was a copy of VF that came with the Sega Saturn. I picked Sarah Bryant because she had a passing resemblance to me being light complected and female.

Given the option, I'll always go for the blonde girl with a pony tail first. I started MK with Sonya naturally lol but she just wasn't as fun as Jade and Baraka were down the line.

Appearance and gender only influence me toward the beginning of a new game I think.

Heaton

NO MONEY DOWN
The only female character I have played at a serious level is Kunimitsu in TTT2.

I only play characters I like the look of.

It was an easy choice for Injustice, especially considering the resemblance between myself and my main.

I tend to gravitate towards the military types in fighting games, regardless of gender, such as Vanessa in VF and Bayman in DOA. I wanted to play Sonya but I wasn't cut out for her. Sektor has started a new litmus test for fighting game characters for me; who is the most robot with the best laugh?

EmoScoobyDoo

Maybe I'll have something to say ... Probably not
Mk9 Reptile and Skarlet

KoF Kula, Elisabeth, Leona, Yuri, Ash, Vice (i can never decide on my final character)

Skullgirls Valentine, Ms Fortune and Squiggly once shes released

Injustice Killer Frost, Harley Quinn and Hawkgirl

Soul Calibur V Tira

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I recently realized I like to play characters with fast advancing moves that are punishable that I could whiff punish or YOLO move with.

MK9 - Reptile - Elbow Dash (Former mains: Sub - Slide and Raiden - Superman)
Soul Calibur V - Cervantes - iGDR
SSBB - Pit (exception)
Injustice - Deathstroke - Sword Flip
Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code - H.Aoko Aozaki (exception)

As for the maining a female thing, MBAACC is probably the only game where I "mained" a female. And it's probably going to change because I still haven't decided on an absolute main but she's who I'm comfy with the most ATM.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
Curious, do you main female characters over males in others games? Why do they have of so special that keeps dragging you into them?

I Personally like badass women, maybe that is why i get attracted a lot by female characters in video games, if they are male, they're stoic or hot headed in personality, sometimes its a combo of female and stoic, i do love stoic characters, they're always badass.

Here is my historic
KOF - Leona (Stoic)
TTT2 - Kunimistsu (Stoic), (in other tekken series i main jin, and he is stoic)
MK9 - Skarlet (Stoic) ( in other versions i main scorp who is hot headed basically)
SSFVI - Ibuki, Cammy
Ex2+ = Doctrine Dark (Stoic)
Last Blade: Moriya (Stoic)
Samurai Shodown II - Haohmaru (hot headed)
Samurai Shodown V Special - Sogetsu (Stoic) Kazuki (hot headed)
Warriors Rage 2 - Seishiro Kuki (stoic) [Huge Fan]

Show me yours pls
This is the first game where I main a female character. Can you guess who?