What's new

Question Do You Honestly Think Nightwing Is Underrated?

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Not at all. Escrima is too ass and in staff yeah he's got good pressure but he moves like a slug and if you've got the bar then a good option is to pushblock him. Also, most of the cast has a strong corner game so imo idk how that makes a difference with him

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Dms told me if win 5 games thn I would geta bye into top 8
I don't know what that means you don't get a bye into top 8. You misunderstood DMS. Rico beat you to get out of pools. You then had a long road ahead.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
NW has too many fundamental matchup problems to every be high tier. Ive played most the NW'S at one time or another(murk being the best one imo) and even in a favorable mu against dd NW has serious issues even being able to get into staff mode to compete

He may not have straight up 50/50 like catwoman or the high damage of cw and Shazam. But the one important thing he does have that has a lot to do in this game is counter zone. He also doesn't have poopy projectiles like Shazam. He has a very good air to air in both stances. And better MU'S than those characters

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
I'm really open to the idea that Nightwing isn't a massive bill...
But when I hear things on TYM like "Nightwing punishes hook charge 5-5" It's a bit hard to listen :rolleyes:

If someone were to actually go out and do well with the character in tournament and not on XBL or a forum then I'd believe it.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
He may not have straight up 50/50 like catwoman or the high damage of cw and Shazam. But the one important thing he does have that has a lot to do in this game is counter zone. He also doesn't have poopy projectiles like Shazam. He has a very good air to air in both stances. And better MU'S than those characters

Well if you think he has a significantly better MU chart than them you're going against the grain(which is fine by me, more proof Selina is a shitter).

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Nightwing's good but not high tier. He by himself has average damage, but when he uses interactables he can get up to 50% meterless, 53% 2 bars etc... And that's just midscreen. He has great pressure until one of your overheads/mids whiff and get you full-combo punished, or release all of the pressure you just built. He has hella mixups, some gimmicky some not, and really good oki - not to mention a top 10 corner game. He has all the tools to be high tier - decent zoning, counter-zoning, mixups, frame advantage, good corner game, high damage w/interactables - but just gets bodied by bugs and small things that would make him so much better (such as an 8f Escrima D2
).

I'm really open to the idea that Nightwing isn't a massive bill...
But when I hear things on TYM like "Nightwing punishes hook charge 5-5" It's a bit hard to listen :rolleyes:

If someone were to actually go out and do well with the character in tournament and not on XBL or a forum then I'd believe it.
There are NW players who performes well at tournaments

Last edited: