What's new

Do you guys use "pun" words other than GGs when playing against someone?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Here we have a lot of them other than shaking hands and saying Good Games, when we're on different places that isn't necessary a tournament mode, and we are playing long sets there are some that really catchy and tend to stick, these words also becomes memes along the way when tournament results and pics are out.

Here is some of my Community Scene:

"Did you like it?" Said after defeating someone and give him that look like you just had sex. This is to stir things up for sure.

"He Fell for it!"
Said after baiting someone on a huge punish, these one takes more effect in Street fighter when you get to punish someone with ultra, X-Ray etc
"That felt great, lets do this again!" when perfects and flawless are given.

"Smart Stuff"
Homage to Triforce, but this one is used when you are clutched by the opponent and he takes the round or game.

"Utter Silence" If no one is talking the tension is rising , this mean the games are being taken to the tournament setting level of seriousness.

"Last game of the day"
this will let your opponent know that the current match is to give everything he got.

"Winner takes all"
Whoever wins is the best of the day.

"Good Games"
This one is only said in tournament, but is really rare, most of the time people are bitching and raging on their mistakes.

Turning people off the game
Everytime you win, type a letter, like as if you're writting a message about the results, this pisses ppl off.

Answering your phone in the middle of the match after you take the first round pisses ppl off too.

What about you guys?

best in aus

when the enemy is winning

"Mate youre just the best in Aus why do I even play? Nah best in Aus I cant win youre the best in Aus."

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Not really puns but that's okay.

I talk a lot of shit when I play competitive games, and one thing I've started doing recently after I win a round convincingly is say "you basic". I mean, I say the normal shit too like "bodied, stay free, umad?, salt," etc, but those are not unique and boring. I do yell out "bodied" a lot when either me or my opponent does something awesome, it's like a nervous tick though, it just kinda spills out of my mouth. I wish headsets were banned, I would work on my shit talking game like I'm grinding a hard match-up. I also do the "baited" thing kinda like you mentioned, sometimes I say "baited" when it clearly wasn't a bait as well, for the mind games.

I usually repeat something my character says just to annoy them, like when I play IGAU I usually say, "It sucks to be you." or "Just doing my job." The cheesier the better.;) If I was an Ares player I would love to tell people, "Only a fool would challenge me at my own game."

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Last night I was playing against my friend and I was using Subby. I won the match using the DJT special, 214 (on block) xx Xray dash cancel then grab. When I did it, my friend immediately sent me "stfu" without me saying anything haha. It was funny.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Back when I used to play Halo 3 a lot, I would tell the opposing team that they owed me $19.99 for that lesson. And that they could pay me either by PayPal or direct deposit, lol. Great times.
Back in the MW2 days, win or lose, my friend almost always said every match to the other team "get murk'd" and sometimes he'd tell me to say a line that rhymed with it.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Every time a glitch happens, we say "thanks bungle" or "get bungled", since the launch of Destiny was a mess.

If you win or something good happens, we used to say "Best ___ EU".

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Back when I used to play Halo 3 a lot, I would tell the opposing team that they owed me $19.99 for that lesson. And that they could pay me either by PayPal or direct deposit, lol. Great times.
"point check brah" and using the word "blained" were my favorites. "bad kid" or "BK" was used alot, and homophobic words were used so often back then lmao.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
"point check brah" and using the word "blained" were my favorites. "bad kid" or "BK" was used alot, and homophobic words were used so often back then lmao.
I used to say "BK" a lot too. Sometimes I would ask them if they wanted a box of tissues with that ass whooping, lol.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Back in the MW2 days, win or lose, my friend almost always said every match to the other team "get murk'd" and sometimes he'd tell me to say a line that rhymed with it.
I decided on my name right before the game died so it was fun running around in MW2 with those dual Model 1887s. Godlike if you remember.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I talk a LOT of shit when playing with my friends, but rarely talk otherwise other than a snide comment here and there lol

Skellington

Banned
I will tell someone good game even when it is clearly a mopping while I troll them with the lazer on Fortress of Solitude

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
When I played basketball in high school we generally sucked, and one year we played the team who ended up getting 2nd in the state. Needless to say, they blew our backs out and made us look like absolute jobbers. At the final whistle when we went through the "high five GG" line, one of my friends ran through and slapped all their hands while yelling "better luck next time" at them and their expression was priceless

Since then I've also adopted wishing my opponents better luck after they've bodied me to death