What's new

Question - Reptile Do you even use slow forceballs outside of combos??

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Okay today i played a guy who almost punished all of my sfb with armor moves. I recorded a video to show you how punishable sfbs are (i just used the normal slow forceball in the video and the enemy starts at fullscreen).

Probably almost everyone can punish the sfb.I took characters, who can full combo punish reptile for 1 bar if he is going for a slow forceball.

Should i just use slow forceball when there is a fast one on the field to make the slow one safe?

Are there any other options to make them more safe (after hard knock down etc?).

Just to make sure everyone understands it : i´m not talking about the ex version

@varttihullu @Rasssta48 @Milkman @G4S J360 @TamedLizard @HoneyBee

@allreptilesintheworld

ESP-_BLACK

best proclaimed hellfire scorpion
just do it fill screen or after a f421 ender dont never do it in jump range or chars with divekicks/teleports

Edit: just use spit more rather than a fb when in neutral

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
just do it fill screen or after a f421 ender dont never do it in jump range or chars with divekicks/teleports

Edit: just use spit more rather than a fb when in neutral
as i showed in the video, i even get fullscreen punihed. So should i just never use it? I just use f412 ex slow forceball, because normal forceball is useless in this situation. Also i mostly go for resets f412 bf2 into -> b2 or f3b4

TamedLizard

Buff George
Ffbs can be punished the same way lol. Although they don't have as much time to run in from full screen.

On occasion, I'll throw one out after ending a combo with F412 instead of slide. And when I choose to stop the fb, it's usually the slow one because I find it easier to stop it closer to me to prevent jump-ins. Especially online.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Ffbs can be punished the same way lol. Although they don't have as much time to run in from full screen.

On occasion, I'll throw one out after ending a combo with F412 instead of slide. And when I choose to stop the fb, it's usually the slow one because I find it easier to stop it closer to me to prevent jump-ins. Especially online.
it´s harder to punish the fast forceball without tp also you cant run in so fast with some characters (jax,Kotal,Raiden etc.) and full combo punish (it´s just a guess, i didnt test it)

every move that can be punished with armor- can be used when the opponent has no meter (unless they have a non armored way around it)

Yeah they suck man. I've been trying to get them some help. Reptile needed a ZONER variation where he could actually get them out with not so much start-up. The only way I can use them is once I feel a player out, I'm feeling risky, or on knockdowns. Meterless Forceballs in neutral are pretty much punishable from anywhere on screen by about 90% of the characters in this game. More players need to start punishing it with their zoning tool as soon as they see the start-up then just run and jump over it. Won't be shit Reptile can do. WoundCowboy has told me that it might be the worst special move in the game lol.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Ive found Myself mb and stopping them right away. Its worked 99% of time against people that know the mu

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
I use them all the time lol. Especially against characters like sonya, cassie, kotal khan.
I use them a lot aswell, but I get also punished a lot. Against random people I can go sfb ffb spit them all day, but I can't do it against people who aren't retarded lol.