What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Do we need anything in KP 3

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Remove the gap I 1,1,4
Make b3,2 special cancelable, I feel that b3 is a bit hard to hit confirm IMO
Make inferno do what its suppose to.

Is that a jump 3? I heard standing 3 was good but why jumping 3?
Not just 6F startup but the active frames.
Btw I saw that sub zero had the same J3 according to the frame data. I could be wrong though.
Scorpion can convert it into full combo so it is good.
But yesterday I saw Tom Brady converting Air to air j3 into good combo too :)

Tbh I dont think it is a big issue as there are several other characters who have more ridiculous moves. Not a tool for abusing all day and win matches. Just something to respect.

Scorpion's jump in punch is quite weak at least he has good kick and good coversion ability from it.
Nowadays I use more jump kick than punch due to that. Other characters use more punch than kick :)

Last edited:
Faster start-up on EX-Takedown.
11F is pretty fast I guess already. They can't react it (I apologize: I can't!), beats a lot of move (even armored due to 2 hits). IF they bait it faster start-up will not help.
Making it safe is a different story though. :) But that would be a big change need to investigate the effects.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
11F is pretty fast I guess already. They can't react it (I apologize: I can't!), beats a lot of move (even armored due to 2 hits). IF they bait it faster start-up will not help.
Making it safe is a different story though. :) But that would be a big change need to investigate the effects.
It should operate the same way as Sub and Reptile's slide tbh, quick recovery but very easy punish if blocked. At least give Scorpion an option to get out of the corner

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
yeah, his takedown needs faster recovery on whiff.

And personally a slight better walkback speed to improve his neutral wouldn't hurt the quality of life too though.

S4 ~ FBRC ~ 1,2,3 ~ FBRC ~ S3 is true blockstring.
Thanks, but after the second run cancel you cannot do another one because of the stamina right? So my question was how many are possible and I think only two run cancels are possible at a time, is it the same with every character that has a run cancel? Also with jailing does the stamina rule apply? As in you can't jail more than twice right? Wait, is run canceling and jailing kinda the same thing?

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Thanks, but after the second run cancel you cannot do another one because of the stamina right? So my question was how many are possible and I think only two run cancels are possible at a time, is it the same with every character that has a run cancel? Also with jailing does the stamina rule apply? As in you can't jail more than twice right? Wait, is run canceling and jailing kinda the same thing?
You can only do 2 run cancels in the same combo. So, you will need to wait for your stamina refill to do 2 run cancels. Jailing is when you are plus enough to use another attack that your opponent will be either forced to block it or take the hit.

Example: Dragon's Fire's F2,1,3 into FBRC is +13 on block, he will have 3 frames to make it jail into F2 (10 frames). If he has full stamina, he'll be able to do it twice (F2,1,3 into FBRC into F2,1,3 into FBRC).

You can only do 2 run cancels in the same combo. So, you will need to wait for your stamina refill to do 2 run cancels. Jailing is when you are plus enough to use another attack that your opponent will be either forced to block it or take the hit.

Example: Dragon's Fire's F2,1,3 into FBRC is +13 on block, he will have 3 frames to make it jail into F2 (10 frames). If he has full stamina, he'll be able to do it twice (F2,1,3 into FBRC into F2,1,3 into FBRC).
Ah ok thanks. I get it now. So with scorpion
S4 ~ FBRC ~ 1,2,3 ~ FBRC ~ S3 is this a jail?

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Since most people have been posting this question, I figured I would do it for the newest character I have picked up, Scorpion. So, what do you guys think, does our warrior of the netherrealm turned defender of the jinsei chamber need any changes? Buffs? Nerfs (I doubt it)? Or is he perfect the way he is? Personally, I feel Inferno is lacking and that's the only variation i think needs looking at. here's what I propose.
  1. Up the hit advantage of Minion Slam (EX DB1) from +4 to +10.
  2. Up the block advantage of Minion Slam (EX DB1) from -21 to +3
  3. Reduce the start up frames of Minion Slam (EX DB1) from 24 frames to 16 frames, and recovery from 22 frames 16 frames.
  4. Up the hit advantage of Minion Charge (DB1) from +4 to +6
Reasoning
Upping the hit advantage on the DB1 minions will provide Inferno with more pressure tools which he lack desperately. This also goes for upping the block, recovery and startup on EX DB1, this way Inferno has a safe and quick way to start his pressure, and a good way to get in on his opponents.

What do you guys think? Love to hear your thoughts!
All I'd ask for is for ex Minion to be safe :p and maybe faster Startup