What's new

Do Injustice vets have the upper hand?

I didn't play any fighting game before MKX, and it took me about 2 months to start doing well vs good players. So i wouldnt be too worried. However, if you never played Inj1 i guess the first major after release you wont be able to do much.

I don't think its a matter of ''vets'' but people who understand fighting games in general. Injustice 1 at release had brain dead safe 50 50s safe presure (prepatched superman f2 3 ) and back dash zoning so anyone who has played fighting games for a period of time understands how strong these things are. Those players where the ones who did well than and those are same players who will do well in injustice 2.

Last edited:

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
No. The pace was fine. It was more about space control and out thinking. MKX is more like umv3 insane mobility and mix ups.

Nobody who liked injustice 1 wants it to be like MKX.
Well I made the thread because to me it seems like Inj 2 will be a mix between Inj 1 and MKX in terms of pace. Would you agree? With the EX dash and smaller screen, but also the added defense mechanic of teching out of combos and (hopefully) slowed down gameplay as indicated by the NRS guys themselves and the actions they took on MKX.

Combo Breaker was what? Like a month and a half after MKX release? Do you think an Inj 1 player will take that tourney?

TheGangstaFace

Also idr if there's a tourney that comes before CB but after typical NRS releases (Mid April) so correct me if I'm wrong

TheGangstaFace

I don't think its a matter of ''vets'' but people who understand fighting games in general. Injustice 1 at release had brain dead safe 50 50s safe presure (prepatched superman f2 3 ) and back dash zoning so anyone who has played fighting games for a period of time understands how strong these things are. Those players where the ones who did well than and those are same players who will do well in injustice 2.
But my point was, it (hopefully) looks like NRS is turning away from this intense pressure/rushdown style. If that's the case, this game will be way different, but obviously have the same "feeling." In other words the same but a lot different lol

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
To some extent yes. With the game being legacy the returning characters will be mostly the same with some changes. Along with the fact that the game is back to block which could give some people a bit of trouble.

TheGangstaFace

To some extent yes. With the game being legacy the returning characters will be mostly the same with some changes. Along with the fact that the game is back to block which could give some people a bit of trouble.
Yeah I remember coming from Injustice to MKX I basically kept forgetting to block cuz I wasn't used to a button lol

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
I have been watching Superman in Inj 2 and he has loads of similar strings, so I think those familiar with inj1 will have a slightly quicker learning curve. You still gotta know what punished what though as well as some news mechanics, so it ain't free to anyone.

However if the flash plays the same (I doubt he will but hear me out) then those flash players have some free wins lol.

TheGangstaFace

I have been watching Superman in Inj 2 and he has loads of similar strings, so I think those familiar with inj1 will have a slightly quicker learning curve. You still gotta know what punished what though as well as some news mechanics, so it ain't free to anyone.

However if the flash plays the same (I doubt he will but hear me out) then those flash players have some free wins lol.
If Flash didn't play but Superman did then that's a troll lol

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
I'm here to ask a simple question and just hear me out. Do Injustice vets really have the advantage when Injustice 2 comes out? Hold off on your answer.

Let's think about this. Injustice 2 is a new game. New mechanics, new balance changes to returning characters, and new characters.

- Air tech rolling is gonna be a brand new mechanic to the series
- Better walk speeds (that changes a lot for those of you who don't know)
- Smaller screen (correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I'm right)
- Spending a bar to tech roll across the screen
- New balance changes. This effects match-ups and the way you play your character (sorry Superman community). This will also more than likely effect how Injustice 1 was with some of the crazy stuff that went on in that game. From what's been going on with MKX and the reception Inj 2 has been getting, Paulos vision seems to be different this time around
- New characters, which means completely new match-ups, and as of right now it looks like half the cast could be brand new (let's not forget about future dlc)

What advantage does the Injustice community really have over people who didn't play the first one that in depth or never before?

- Day 1 combos (there could be new combos as well for the returning cast)
- You could say, the way their character is played but with the new changes and additions that could be heavily effected or changed completely.
- Familiar with the clash and blocking system
(That's all I could think of)

Even with the familiarities that returning players DO have...is that enough to make a difference even with the earlier tournaments? Again I'll ask, do returning Injustice players have the advantage?
PL had x13 bigger advantage in MKX coz MK9 right ?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
It will, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. If they have the upper-hand, are you not going to play then? Who cares if they have the upper-hand. It's not like we're talking about testers here.

Focusing on a detail like this is like letting the opponent's name get to you. I get it that it may be hard not to, but it reminds me of the same thing.