What's new

Do Injustice vets have the upper hand?

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
I'm here to ask a simple question and just hear me out. Do Injustice vets really have the advantage when Injustice 2 comes out? Hold off on your answer.

Let's think about this. Injustice 2 is a new game. New mechanics, new balance changes to returning characters, and new characters.

- Air tech rolling is gonna be a brand new mechanic to the series
- Better walk speeds (that changes a lot for those of you who don't know)
- Smaller screen (correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I'm right)
- Spending a bar to tech roll across the screen
- New balance changes. This effects match-ups and the way you play your character (sorry Superman community). This will also more than likely effect how Injustice 1 was with some of the crazy stuff that went on in that game. From what's been going on with MKX and the reception Inj 2 has been getting, Paulos vision seems to be different this time around
- New characters, which means completely new match-ups, and as of right now it looks like half the cast could be brand new (let's not forget about future dlc)

What advantage does the Injustice community really have over people who didn't play the first one that in depth or never before?

- Day 1 combos (there could be new combos as well for the returning cast)
- You could say, the way their character is played but with the new changes and additions that could be heavily effected or changed completely.
- Familiar with the clash and blocking system
(That's all I could think of)

Even with the familiarities that returning players DO have...is that enough to make a difference even with the earlier tournaments? Again I'll ask, do returning Injustice players have the advantage?

Hey bud, i dont really know the answer to your question but a quick heads up, I think your title meant to be "DO injustice [players] have the upper hand?"

if it isn't supposed to be that my bad.

To answer your question though, I do think that i1 players will have the upper hand in labbing their respective characters cause they already sort of understand the basic BNBs and some of the tech will likely be recyclable.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I believe Ketchup in an interview/podcast that if you've played Inj 1 then you'll be able to get to the higher level stuff in a couple of hours. Sonic said Batman players will feel right at home.

Hard to say when we haven't played the game though. I hope Inj vets do have the upperhand though. Else the point of making legacy characters is sort of moot... plus I want to put less work in ;)

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Yes, that's the legacy advantage. Initially and generally, those who played Inj 1 will grasp the game quicker than those who didn't. From knowing what set ups to look out for (crossup F3s for example), to knowing when to go for unclashable damage, to just knowing what Batman's trait does.

TheGangstaFace

It's supposed to be "Do Injustice Vets have the upper hand"

I can tell my phone fucked me from "do" being capped lol

TheGangstaFace

Yes, that's the legacy advantage. Initially and generally, those who played Inj 1 will grasp the game quicker than those who didn't. From knowing what set ups to look out for (crossup F3s for example), to knowing when to go for unclashable damage, to just knowing what Batman's trait does.
Yeah I see that. It's just that there's so much different. Like i played Inj till October till 2013 so I think I'll be fine. But people that have NEVER played, I think they'll be behind but if they put in the work for the first tourneys then they'd be fine

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Vets will have the advantage out of the gate, but we aren't talking some insane, insurmountable advantage..

Anyone familiar with fighting games can jump in to a new game and find and learn some basic combos and even new players can google inj1 combos that might still work, so it's not a matter of legacy players having combos and such.

What it comes down to is that they have spent time in the engine before. When they play the 'feel' of the game will be more natural and fluid to them. Having experience with the engine will also likely help them while labbing new stuff because they have some idea going in how things are likely to interact with one another.

I'd say in the first month the gamr.is going to be heavily dominated by legacy players with the newcomers (of requisite skill to begin with) will start to close the gap as the meta begins to take shape and as tech and information starts to filter out to the community at large.

But I just don't see how people who played the original game WON'T have some kind of advantage from the jump.

Soul Caliber, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and SF.
This question it's like you asking random questions to keep the community active.

TheGangstaFace

Did SF veterans have an advantage in SF5? Yes. Even with new characters/mechanics/balance changes it's going to be similar enough that past experience will help.
I don't pay attention to SF but I have heard that some people from SF4 haven't carried over very well

I don't pay attention to SF but I have heard that some people from SF4 haven't carried over very well
A few havent(mostly the gief players) but I'm pretty sure 30 of the 32 people that made it to capcoms cup were well known vets as are pretty much all the top players.

I honestly can't think of one NEW legitimate threat in SF tournaments. If anything it's even more of the old school super turbo and 3rd strike guys. Even damdai was wrecking people when 5 dropped.

I just think that if the game was going to be so wildly different that experience in the series wouldn't be useful it'd just be a new property.

Ozzy_K

Death waits for a slightest lapse in concentration
Slightly off the topic.
Is there any place I could write my suggestions for Inj 2, so it wouldn't be that f*ng slow, like the first one, and more fun and dynamic like MKX?
:)

Last edited:
Reactions: GAV

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Yes, because if the character designs look like dookie like they did in the last one, Injustice 1 players won't be as put off by it. Those that started with MKX will wonder why these superheroes look like average Joes and Julies in tights.

Yes, because if the character designs look like dookie like they did in the last one, Injustice 1 players won't be as put off by it. Those that started with MKX will wonder why these superheroes look like average Joes and Julies in tights.
As long as they don't look like urien "thong version" it's all good.

Reactions: GAV

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Of course they will. Fighting game skills carry over, but not just from one episode to the next: a seasoned SF player may very likely be better at MKX than somebody who only started MK and fighting games with MK9.