What's new

Do Awkward Tricks Deter You From Characters?

zaf

professor
Didn't you, STORMS, or Metzos have a video specifically on how to do this? I swear its what I used to help me. Helped me break my bad habits with the dpad.
Yea it was my video.
I wante to make another one where it showed my hands side by side the video of the combo but i need some sort of editing programs and am not sure what to use

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I find my way to do it, better... just because you're essentially just hitting a kick button once for both moves.
Different strokes for different folks. I get annoyed when the jk whiffs/doesn't come out and I get a naked teleport. Perhaps I should give your way a shot.

StarcaverX

Bajan to the core!
Damn! A lot of people are talking about skarlet, i guess i can leave my grievances with her as well. It's just getting that damn F212(1+2) into Ex dagger loop 3 times in a row ( I see Eddy Wang do this thing like clockwork which leaves me like O_O....). The IADs are also an issue but i'm getting there, i just need to practice every day. I remember on the stream after FFV Pig said that he would applaud anyone who can do 10 IADs in a row...He's right, damn things can be tough.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
how can someone have a hard time juggling with cage? o-0.

for me its doing lao's crossover jkdk into f3~spin, not the easiest thing to land.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Kabals NDCs. Offline without any retaliation, i have every one down with ease. Iagbs are easy. NDCs are but a simple finger flick. I can even to 2~NDC for many repetitions.
Then when i fight an actual opponent (CPU or not) i choke. I do random jump kicks. I cant cancel. I mess up.

Thats the primary reason i dont use Kabal.

Coupled with the fact that i main Kung Lao, this is also another reason i hate low hitbox characters .-.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
i only use three characters for this reason. i can't get kung lao tele combo's in the left corner, it seems to only work in the right corner, this can be frustrating.

Justice

Noob
Let's see...

Reptile - getting the stupid f3 kick when trying to dash into a blockstring.
Cage - the 2222222 combo in the corner... I'm lucky to get 3 2s before I drop it.
Skarlet- having to do red slide in combos.
Cyrax - the god damn resets. I can't do them without getting slight dashes that fuck em up.
Sonya - military stance shenanigans... Get arch kick way too much.
Me 2! after a year and a half, I'm still pulling this shit! I rage soo hard whenever I see an Arc Kick (even on I meant to do) now. I also still can't do NJP Dash xx Kiss at all.

Espio

Kokomo
Lt. Box use fireball on Mileena and Kitana, hitboxes are dumb on them for some reason lol, unless the player uses UMK3 Kitana and Mileena costumes.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
The negative edge really messes with me when I use Rain. It's a real turn-off. So many accidental geyser kicks... :rolleyes:

SoapBar

My pussy, my rules
Even if I live to be 300 years old, I will never, ever, ever, ever be able to consistently nail Skarlet's F2121+2,xxEX Dagger cancel pressure.

Fuck that bitch!D:<

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
I once canceled Kabal's dash into an overhead grab and missed my mark from the opponent from about halfscreen. I never touched that character again.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
yeah i dont bother with characters that i am uncomfortable with. but then, comfort is a mindset in videogames i guess. its just what youre willing to do to win. if you cant win with your chara at high level, you gotta push yourself out of your comfort zone.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I struggle with:

Instant-air projectiles(I'm a Mileena player, and I can do everything except this)

Kung Lao's 212121212-etc.

Reptile's execution, including the 321 NJP isn't a problem, but I DO drop 321, Acid hand, D4, Forceball in the corner a lot.

Rain's combos in and of themselves aren't so difficult in terms of button presses as they are with the windows in which you have to land everything. I drop uppercuts and 43 lightnings all damn day.

Also..I tried messing with Smoke's reset the other day and...well..how the hell does that second smoke ball hit after F4? Everytime I tossed it, it always missed.

Bah, execution!

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
I really don't have a problem with reptile BnB's (obviously, as he's my main), and i'm pretty good at the Cyrax shenanigans and I've even been getting pretty tight with Skarlet's stuff. I can do the instant air daggers, but I can't do a IAGB with kabal. Ugh.

Sonya, Cage, and Nightwolf combos give me issues. A lot of it is the awkward 1 carries into moves (I never actually know how many to do and I can't be bothered to learn). Anything kabal gives me issues. Mileena's combos hold a special place for "shit I don't fuck with" though. None of the physics make sense at all, no one's leg should ever bend like that, and I honestly have no idea when I should be windmill kicking or rolling or whatever the hell else she does over and over in her crap.

It's mostly just temperamental stuff with characters. I can do Cyrax's 74/75% reset consistently, but not the other one(s). I can do scorpion's Vortex stuff for days, but not the great Void. I can do CSZ's U4 into ice bomb pressure, but not end a combo with U4 -> slide.