What's new

Do AI Behavior behavior settings affect live gameplay?

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
yes and no, in that they are "boosts" but I absolutely recommend anybody who is trying to unlock the krypt or generally grind through the game to look into them because it is very clear the system is designed to be used.

Anybody whose been playing by release has definitely unlocked a bunch of slots on their gear and has no idea they're leaving exp and coins and occasionally fun buffs on the table, you just have to deal with the stupid awkward menus and of course keep tabs on a horrible horrible grind.
Ive unlocked a bunch and i still dont know how to use them, some will say AI only or single player but its like theyre broken or benefits barely noticeable

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I’ve tested it and it feels different , some are faster so are slower some jump higher some are more agile its weird
That might just be, to quote The Cranberries, in your head. The AI Behavior just affects how they fight, it doesn't change any actual in game properties. It doesn't make the character better or worse at doing something, just how much more likely/unlikely they are to try and do something.

CO-KANO

I think im telekinetic, if i think they are plus frames, then they are + frames...I am the augment, the augment is within us ...:confused::eek:

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
This thread gave me a headache. Is OP suggesting changes to AI settings are causing him to play differently when he’s controlling characters himself? Like thru some sort of wormhole subconscious paradox?

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
This thread gave me a headache. Is OP suggesting changes to AI settings are causing him to play differently when he’s controlling characters himself? Like thru some sort of wormhole subconscious paradox?
That's what I thought at first, and I'm super confused.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I think im telekinetic, if i think they are plus frames, then they are + frames...I am the augment, the augment is within us ...:confused::eek:
I think this is one of those Kung Fu Panda things where the it's never mattered, the power has been inside you the whole time.

E

Eldriken

I feel that as well but I get the feeling they may mess with local play a.i or even when I play my Khar
Dude. They only affect the AI of the character when you enable AI mode. How the Hell would it affect your character when you're playing it?

trufenix

bye felicia
Ive unlocked a bunch and i still dont know how to use them, some will say AI only or single player but its like theyre broken or benefits barely noticeable
The short version (and maybe someone else can do this more succinctly) is that each piece of gear (Face, Sword, Knife, Gun, Drone, Hair, Whatever) has 3 different slots to unlock and you get a little bit of experience for them every single fight you're wearing them. You won't know what type of slot it is until its unlocked and its differnet for every single piece in the game. Once its unlocked (you can see them and your progress on the tiny little window that pops up after every fight) you can go into customize, go into the gear and hit square (or whatever) to bring up which augments you have that fit said slot.

Again, if you've been playing and you haven't changed your clothes a ton you've definitely got slots open. If you've been messing around in ToT or the Krypt alot you've definitely also unlocked some augments for your characters. On the customize character selection screen you can see (and check) how many augments you have for each character.

CO-KANO

The short version (and maybe someone else can do this more succinctly) is that each piece of gear (Face, Sword, Knife, Gun, Drone, Hair, Whatever) has 3 different slots to unlock and you get a little bit of experience for them every single fight you're wearing them. You won't know what type of slot it is until its unlocked and its differnet for every single piece in the game. Once its unlocked (you can see them and your progress on the tiny little window that pops up after every fight) you can go into customize, go into the gear and hit square (or whatever) to bring up which augments you have that fit said slot.

Again, if you've been playing and you haven't changed your clothes a ton you've definitely got slots open. If you've been messing around in ToT or the Krypt alot you've definitely also unlocked some augments for your characters. On the customize character selection screen you can see (and check) how many augments you have for each character.
The third slot is locked and says coming soon, do i have a beta version?

E

Eldriken

While we’re here can someone explain wtf forge recipes do