What's new

Do AI Behavior behavior settings affect live gameplay?

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
I dont get how it works, do the settings we change in kustomization for AI behavior affect how well your player grapples, zones, reverses, etc.? I feel like I constantly change these setting cause my kharacter doesnt feel right? Help me out here.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
It only affects how the AI plays as the character in the various AI modes.

CO-KANO

So why do some of variations feel faster or can hold kombos while others can back dash or jump higher?

trufenix

bye felicia
AI Kustomization does nothing unless you turn AI control on, which is only available in a couple of modes.

You might want to look into Release check, or Easy Inputs as they are both enabled by default.

CO-KANO

AI Kustomization does nothing unless you turn AI control on, which is only available in a couple of modes.

You might want to look into Release check, or Easy Inputs as they are both enabled by default.
Im not new to this im just confused cause to me it feels like theres some type of effect on actual live gameplay

trufenix

bye felicia
How about augments, @Marlow ?
Augments state which modes of play they work in, and very few of them do anything outside of towers. They mostly effect things like how much damage you do, amount of currency gained, or in some cases really fun properties like Baraka can do extra chop chops.

You also have to go through an exhausting process to unlock them and equip them, no one could accidentally have an augment on.

trufenix

bye felicia
Im not new to this im just confused cause to me it feels like theres some type of effect on actual live gameplay
Just trying to help. Your AI might seem to be cheating, because he knows all the frame data and its inputs are perfect, but I've yet to witness an AI do something so out of character it seemed to be legitimately "better".

CO-KANO

Either i wasted my time changing setting i never used or this is some hidden shit they dhouldve leaked..

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Augments state which modes of play they work in, and very few of them do anything outside of towers. They mostly effect things like how much damage you do, amount of currency gained, or in some cases really fun properties like Baraka can do extra chop chops.

You also have to go through an exhausting process to unlock them and equip them, no one could accidentally have an augment on.
oh so they are Like those "xp boosts in other games"

trufenix

bye felicia
So pretty much i should worry bout the abilities and not so much the AI unless i want to learn new tech
AI has taught me a combo or two, and it will occasionally show me things possible before or after a krushing blow I didn't know about, but its also really really dumb and repetitive. AI control basically just turns your game into a hyper violent screen saver, nothing more.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I don't think that's case. I guess you could test it by taking a rushdown character and changing their settings to 30 for both Zoning and whatever the Keep Away one is called, and then see how they perform when you play them in a tower.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
I don't think that's case. I guess you could test it by taking a rushdown character and changing their settings to 30 for both Zoning and whatever the Keep Away one is called, and then see how they perform when you play them in a tower.
keep away

CO-KANO

Thank yall, i hate that we cant lter our stats or choose the moves we want to use together like Kano’s Manhandled, snake bite, lumbar check would be insane, but whatever.

trufenix

bye felicia
oh so they are Like those "xp boosts in other games"
yes and no, in that they are "boosts" but I absolutely recommend anybody who is trying to unlock the krypt or generally grind through the game to look into them because it is very clear the system is designed to be used.

Anybody whose been playing by release has definitely unlocked a bunch of slots on their gear and has no idea they're leaving exp and coins and occasionally fun buffs on the table, you just have to deal with the stupid awkward menus and of course keep tabs on a horrible horrible grind.

CO-KANO

I’ve tested it and it feels different , some are faster so are slower some jump higher some are more agile its weird