• Kai

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Meat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blaze

• Drahmin

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Hsu Hao (PS there is nomore poll available slots:()

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Stryker:

Police Brutality: Variation 1

Added Ranged in with nightstick
OH to low hits with Night Stick strings...
his Low dash can be MB into juggle follow up

Bad Cop: Variation 2

Uses Stun gun as special link to juggle combos
his stun gun can restand on certain strings EX
has a Nightstick Stung gun Grab
up close and personal rushdown

Swat: Variation 3

Stun grenades come into play with this variation, all heavy weapons make aperance in this balaced version.(does not have to reload grenades)if so he gets 3 of them and has combos to safely reload...
Stun Grenades juggle for extra combo extensions
IAPS instant air double pistol shot.
his ground Pistol fires 3 shots as supposed to jacqui's 4 hit hand cannon
has a low Pistol shot single shot
has a OH grenade.

thats my version of Stryker: kinda a mix of Cassie pressure and Sonya Demo setups.

Sindel:

Universal Specials:
Low Scream ball
Air Scream Ball
Crossover Kick
Hair Whip
Scream
Scream Levitate

NORMAL ATTACKS
- Can shoot energy rings that deal damage.
- Can levitate in place. While doing this, she can shoot energy rings.
- Can grab the opponent with her hair (close range only)
- Can perform a backward kartwheel attack.
- Can perform a scream dealing damage.

WHIPPING Wind: Variation1: Uses her long hair to perform several attacks and grabs, as well as giving her the opportunity to spin her hair rapidly to create a tornado.
- Can perform fast high/low attacks and grabs in long distances using her hair.
- Can spin like a tornado. If she gets in contact with the opponent she will perform a grab.
- Can spin her hair and create a tornado towards opponents leaving them spinning for a short period of time.

ULTRASONIC: Variation 2: Uses her ability to manipulate sonic waves to stun and damage opponents.
- Can perform a super strong scream, stunning the opponent for a short period of time.
- Can shoot ultrasonic balls that stun the enemy for a short period of time.
- Can create a sonic boom throwing the opponent onto ground.
- Can perform a parry where she performs a powerful scream hitting the opponent to the other side of the map.

Anti Gravity: variation 3: Uses her levitation skills to move around a lot and have control over the opponent.
- Can levitate, and move at the same time (similar to Ermac's Spectral variation). During levitation, she can perform several different air-bone attacks. She can grab the enemy, dive kick, dive punch and scream.
- Can cast a levitation ball, making her opponent hover for a short period of time.
- Can grab the opponent and throw them upwards making them hover for a short period of time.

Sindel by: Tavaski
Hello,
I've been reading your recent thread and was inspired to brainstorm on what I believe could be for KP2.
I chose sindel because I mained her in mk9. Tell me what you think of these variation ideas:

1. Kombat Queen - Sindel unleashes her millennia of fighting experience on her foes. In this variation, Sindel wears her crown while beating down all who opposes her royalty.

Variation specific moves:

1. Edenian Cry - Sindel conjures the Essence of Edenia, which increases her special attacks' damage and her mobility.
  2. Peasant Beam - Shoots a beam from her crown (close, mid & far) that brings opponents to their knees on hit.
  3. Monarch Stance - A stance that leads to three additional moves; Sovereign Choke, Dictator Stomp and Royal Parry.
2. Bouffant Fury - Sindel uses the royal hairbrush to keep all the powers of her hair under control. Each stroke of the brush grants additional properties to her hair attacks; resulting in extended range, damage boost and meter draining.

Variation specific moves:
========================
  1. Hair Whips - A flurry of whip strikes to the opponent. Hair brush stroke increases range.
  2. Hair Pull - A high advancing command grab that pulls opponents in. Hair brush stroke grants anti-air hair pull.
  3. Hair Stroke - Sindel brushes her hair to gain additional attributes to her hair attacks. First stroke gives extended range; Second gives damage boost and third gives meter drain on grabs.
  4. Cocoon Blast - Blast opponents with the royal hairbrush after its' third stroke to put them in a hair residue cocoon. Cocoon blast also have meter drain properties.
The third variation is giving me hell to construct properly. However, here is what I have so far; the name is "Diva," and this variation is intended to be tailored around Sindel's commanding voice. I was thinking of something like a chargeable banshee scream with different levels; a reflect option and a sonic wave fireball that vibrates and stuns opponents. What you think?

Smoke:

Smoke ideas:

Shadow of Night: or Stealth Assassin

This variation could be based on Stealth Ninja tactics.
Shuriken Stab: Bleed stab move, Special that can only be linked on the end of 2 combos, that would cause DOT effect, maybe 0.80 per second. could be from one stashed on his arm or in hisfist.
Smoke bomb projectiles: could add a restand if done at the right moment and range! this could allow continued juggles/combos. Scaled right would be fair.
His spear is back in combos to bring them close to him at end.

shake: Smoke stands in place and surrounds himself with smoke, if a projectile touches him, Smoke will counter attack. This can be charged.
The enhanced version is called Vibration. Not only can it counter projectile but it can now counter most melee attacks with the exception of low melee attacks and OFC X-rays. It can also be charged.

Fog - mist: variation 2

a special that throws a disorienting mist/fog to stun the opponent for follow up combos.
medium ranged attacks, with OH/Low starters.
enhanced version of Teleport, Parry, Smoke bomb, invisability.

Enenra, a demonic creature composed entirely of smoke and vapor. variation 3

in this variation he is Enrenra, he has a demonic look and his head looks different.
His face changed has alien like vapor skin. creature like... maybe small changes so this variation would not be so different. but maybe smoke and mist surrounding him, and his eyes could be red or glowing, evil version.

Mele: version, mixups, super fast startup frames,

gap closers that allow followup jugles, like mist/smoke forward/backwards teleport but fast enough on recovery to follow up with juggle, only when linked on successful (hit) strings.
Oh starter
Low starter
4-6 hit strings with low or oh in middle of them.

Enenra mode(special) makes select strings faster for 2 seconds. has cooldown

fast safe on block mid strings advancing, similar to cassies B124 range.

this would be the bruiser variation in your face.

some special that has a mist that swirls around him, giving him a damage buff, on startup it has armor during startup to recovery frames( like F/T's Pain and Gain)

Fujin:

to be continued...

Shang Tsung:

legion666 said:

EDITED by ESG Jagged 9-8-2015

Variation 1. SHAPESHIFTER where Shang would finally be morphing into different characters. If the engine of the game doesn't allow him to morph into everyone, just let all his specials turn him into some character for a brief animation to perform the special: like turn into goro to do a grab, into Jacqui or into Kitana to do the projectiles, turn into Scorpion or Raiden to teleport, turn into Liu to do a long multihitting blockstring - each of this will be a move unique to Shang and look different from what said characters actually do in the game. And of course the soul steal in this variant would be crucial, I am thinking maybe It could have levels like Kotal's Sun Choke, so you start with just having universal moveset and after landing a soul steal grab some of you specials upgrade into the morphing specials of other characters. And the Soul steal grab itself extends into a chain throw after you have landed it. you can like lift them up and take part of their soul (mk9 style) on the level 1, on the level 2 after that you turn into Goro or Motaro to do some more grappling, and at level 3 you finish this chain of grabs by turning into Raiden or even Corrupted Shinnok for additional attack. And all specials change at every level. If it is possible you could start as an Old man Shang and become younger with each level)))left as is

variation 2. DEVOURER OF SOULS variation all skull and flame zoning attack are replaced with soul attacks. Both His soul steal (causes a restand) grab and zoning soul attacks on hit cause some health regeneration (nothing big like 2-3%). But one of his Zoning soul attacks ( maybe even ex version only) and his command grab soul steal also grant him Souls that fly around him Like Lao's tempest hat spin on the 3rd he gets increased range soul steal. Also in this variation he teleports turning into green soul-mist, like smoke safe on recovery.

3. I like the name SOULFIRE, so I will go with it, it will revolve around his projectiles. His zoning tools are again fire and skulls but they don't work like viable zoning tools but more like tools for creating set ups (like his skulls can travel slow, come from the sky and from the ground, the ground one can even work like timed explosives) and they now burn opponent for additional damage overtime, his soul steal command grab now works differently - it does more damage and Shang actually lifts the opponent up and burns him instead of stealing a part of his soul not into air but a lift off ground. normal ground skulls are low hit, they cause a burn on hit that stuns them for a short period, which allows you to connect another ground or air skull. Ex version of ground skull stuns on block for a short time, allowing only a forward skull or air skull for run in timing if close enough. Ex and normal ground skulls pull them closer, while air-skulls and forward skull push away. His teleport would became Freddy like in this variation(love this idea)! his soul steal in this variation pulls them towards you.

Chameleon:
to be continued...

Baraka: very well write up by

DelSchokoladenSaft said:

here are Baraka's hypothetical variations.

General Special Moves:
I decided to give him somewhat of both a Jason and a Reptile treatment.
Blade Spark: He flicks his blades to damage the opponent with a high-hitting spark. Enhance to make it a mid and for more damage.
Spinning Blades: Baraka twirls and whirls with his blades out for a hard knockdown. Enhannce it for a juggle opportunity.
Blade Charge: Baraka runs out blade first. Enhance for more damage and a hard knockdown.
Slice Flurry: He does a beautifully choreographed blade dance with the initial slice able to be aimed both high and low. He can meterburn the last slice to add two more hits. Enhance the move normally for armor and more damage.

(Bezerker)
Bererk: Baraka enrages himself. This can lead to two things: either he can ignore hits with armor for 6 seconds or he can buff his attacks by 20% for 8 seconds. Enhance this move to gain both buffs for 8 seconds with the damage buff going up to 30%.
Chop Chop: Baraka's signature close range flurry that guts the opponent. Enhance this move to add a couple more hits.

(Spasmodic)
This variation affects his normals. Every second or so, Baraka's blades jut out. So, every punch move has the potential to add 3-7% damage and to every combo. His specials will remain the same, however.
Spasm: Baraka punches arms to have the blades go out every .5 seconds. Enhance it to have it go out every .32 seconds.

(Tarkatan General)
In this variation, Baraka's blades are out halfway, permanately. Once again the special moves will be the same. However, most of his comboes will change.
Catapult: Baraka forces his blades down to quickly reach fullscreen feet first. Enhance the move for faster start-up and more damage.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Kabal:
to be continued...

Cyrax:
to be continued...

Li Mei by @Afk Skinny

Li Mei
Universal Moves:
-Karnival Kick(Pop up, EX has armor)
-Overhead Heel Flip(Hard Knockdown, EX pops up, Air OK)
-Nova Blast(Projectile, EX increased damage)
-and new move where she absorbs a projectile and recovers some health.

Iron Leg:
-Able to activate a buff where her kick based attacks do increased damage and is able to break armor, the buff lasts for about 8 sec.
-Also gets Hotaru's Grasshopper kick in this variation

Onslaught:
-Gains Chi-Block: a flurry of quick strikes that prevent the opponent from using meter for 5 sec. (EX leaves them standing)
-Gets a high command grab similar to Yun's in SF, where she just flips sides (EX allows combo potential)

Astral:
-Gains Celestial Aura (variation revolves around this) where she covers her body in a bright aura. Buff lasts for 15 sec. cooldown is 8 sec.
~Nova Blast also does increased damage while aura is up
-Astral projection: sends the aura to any desired location, and Li Mei appears there instantly (EX gives same properties as Mileena's Vanish)
-SuperNova: She detonates her aura, briefly blinding the opponent allowing for a follow up, but she loses her aura until the cooldown is over (EX hits from a further distance)
DelSchokoladenSaft said: ↑ ver well write up's so i made them seperate! great stuff man!!
BO RAI CHO

This is a tall order indeed. He technically is in the game-if only as a cameo. The Cho has a lot of competition from the smokes and sareenas of this world. The noobs and barakas. I see him to have a varied moveset like anyone else.

Bo' Rai Cho's special moves:
Vomit Puddle- Bo' vomits, causing the opponent to lose balance, leading to combo starting or extending.
*Bottle Drop- Bo' drops a bottle of booze to trip the opponent.
Belly Bash- Lunges stomach first, causing damage. A combo ender that works from mid-screen.
Staff Upraise- He smacks his opponent's head, creating juggle potential.
Staff Smack- He smacks the opponent's jaw, strong combo ender, but unsafe.
Staff Low Smack- He trips the opponent with this one, combo ender.
Outworld Lager-A jug that he takes a swig from. Every time he takes a drink, be becomes slightly drunk and gains a new move with the inebriation. He can take up to five drinks to gain five normal moves.
Eye Poke- Being the rambunctious scoundrel that he is, he may occaisionally poke peoples eyes out when inebriated. Functions as Sindel's scream.
(Vendor)
He is widely known to purvey alcohol, why stop there? In this variation, he uses multiple drinks to buff himself and nerf the opponent.
Energy+- This is an enegy drink that speeds him up for a few moments.
Outworld 'Shine- A nasty alcohol substitue that leaves him feeling like a superhero; he takes reduced damage for a short time.
Mean Protein- A protein shake manlier than Tremor's chest cracks. He gets a hit of armor when consumed.
Projectile Vomit- He shoots out vomit for some damage, replaces Vomit Puddle.
*Free Sample- He throws a tiny glass bottle of alcohol for some damage, replaces Bottle Drop.
These buffs and debuffs can individually stack onto itself or each other (at a reduced threshold, of course).
Drinking three elixirs in quick succession will cause Bo' to projectile vomit *or to give out a free sample.

(Overweight)
The Cho is ton of fun and he uses it to his advantage in this variation.
Air Belly Bash- Similar to the ground version, it's just an overhead Belly Bash.
Belly Buster- It's a command grab that forces his weight on the opponent as they get smushed betwwen Bo' and the ground.
Falling Suplex- Another command grab that hoists the opponent upside down before slamming their back onto the ground.
Sumo Stomp- An unblockable that can potentially chain.
(Drunkard)
Let's face it, this borracho needs to get some help from AA, but he is the origin of Drunken Fist Kung Fu.
He just forgot his staff at the brewery (Bo' loses all staff based attacks).
Monkey Flips- This ape somersaults forward twice as a combo ender or can be special cancelled.
Hazy Kounter- A parry that defends against lows and highs.
Rolling Springboard- He rolls forward and as he faces toward the sky, he forces all of his energy into his legs, propelling the opponents jaw to the Stratasphere.
Dropkick- Just your run of the mill dropkick, useable at midrange; that can cancel into either a Toe Stomp, or Crescent Moon Kick. (The first is a low while the second is an overhead.)
The Outworld Lager will reveal a couple more normals, having 8 total new moves when fully inebriated. Again, only five swigs to become fully drunk.
Bo' Rai Cho is my favorite MK character, I just want him to be in my favorite MK game.

*These moves will replace any puking related moves

Edit: I revised and refined my variation moves with suggestions from the "say yo to 'Cho" community.
I may do one for Baraka soon. :)
Editted Edit: I again revised the movelist to sate those who want a more serious Bo' Rai Cho.
SEKTOR

DelSchokoladenSaft said:

Sorry for my last two posts being novellas. I've had time to think it over, and the condiments could be separate characters. Here's Sektor's.

Sektor's general special moves:

Down Rocket-A rocket that comes from the sky. Can be aimed both ahead and behind the opponent. Enhance to home.
Forward Rocket-A standard projectile. Enhance it for more damage and a hard knock down.

Digital Punch-His signature teleport uppercut. Meter Burn to add a pop up.
Rocketeer

Low Rocket-A projectile that hits the opponent low. Can also be aimed both ahead and behind. Enhance to pop up.

Behind Rocket-A Forward Rocket that shoots behind. Isn't discernable from the Down Rocket. Enhance to change direction.
Air Rocket-A Forward Rocket performed in the air.
Firestarter

Afterburner-His famous flamethrower, capable of bunrning enemies from mid screen. Enhance to reach a little further and for more damage.

Fuel Leak-He drops some fuel from his flamethrower, allowing for the opponent to be soaked in the liquid. This allows for more damage with the Afterburner. Enhance to make them trip and take more damage from the flamethrower.
Fire Rocket-He inputs a code to allow for rockets to be incendiary; does less damage initially, but burns the victim for lingering damage. Wears off after some time. Enhance to last longer.
Shifu-
He's the leader of the Tekunin.

Shock Strike-A punch to the gut that disables the victim for combo extension. Enhance for longer window.

Leg Lift-A set of moves to confuse the opponent. Cannot be enhanced or meter burned.
I hope you guys can see what I'm seeing.
NOOB SAIBOT

DelSchokoladenSaft said:

Okay, you guys and gals well? That's good. I have gotten mixed results with my Bo' Rai Cho postings ranging from outright yesses to adamant 'say no to bi rai cho's. I hope this hypothetical could whet your appetites.

Noob Saibot's general special moves.
All general moves will be very similar to their MK9 counterparts.
Saibot Slide- Noob sends out a minion to hit low akin to the same move in MK9. Enhance to work like a normal slide.
Saibot Upknee- He sends a minion out of himself to pop the opponent up with its knee. Enhance for more damage.
Portal Drop- Noob sends out a portal that can lead to juggling. Can enhance to send out faster and do more damage. Can also place ahead or behind the opponent.
Ghostball- He fires a white ball of energy to disable the opponent's block button. Enhance for faster startup.

(Tag Team)
This fella's [Saibot] been itchin' to put a beatdown on dudes with Noob for a long time. Let's let him have fun.
Partner Up- Noob summons his minion to stand behind and follow the opponent. The saibot is inescapable; but can't do anything in the air and turns back to goo when the main guy gets hit. [This move is like Military Stance.]

Irish Whip- The saibot grabs the opponent and sends 'em running toward Noob, granting a free combo. Meterburn it to to have Noob do a sick bulldog instead. This move is a high.
Knee Takedown- The saibot goes to fullback the opponent's knee. This move does not have an enhanced version and is also a low.
German Suplex- The saibot grabs the opponent from behind and crushes their upper back into the ground. This move can also not be enhanced but it is a command grab.

DDT- Noob goes in for a command grab that forces the opponent's forehead onto the ground and roll, back first. Enhance the move for faster startup and damage.

Swan Dive- Noob commands a saibot to fall from the sky chest first into the opponent.

(Victorious)
The saibot still helps Noob in this variation, but to a lesser extent. [This variation is the most like MK9 Noob.]
Saibot Charge- He sends a saibot to tackle the opponent to the ground. Enhance to add a couple more hits to the mix.
Saibot Uppercut- Noob sends his saibot to uppercut from the ground. Enhance it to add a juggle opportunity.
Teleport Slam- Noob jumps into a portal to grab the opponent from behind and spam their neck into the ground. Enhance for more damage.
Dark Shroud- Noob sends out a mass of shadow to buff all saibot attacks. Cannot be enhanced.

(Concealed)
Noob relies a little more on himself in this variation.
Shuriken Strike- Noob throws two shurikens in front of him. Meterburn it to throw two more.
Air Shuriken Strike- Same as normal Shuriken Strike bit in the air. Cannot meterburn in the air.
Dark Vanish- Noob turns invisible but leaves a small trail of shadow behind him. Enhance it fully disappear and take .75 damage.
Shadow Fire- Noob throws a ball of shadow which, when walked over, will cause the opponent to be engulfed in flames that leads to combo extension. Enhance it to add residual damage up to 5 percent.

Hope you guys enjoy what I came up with.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

reserved...

Feel free to post your own ideas about a character that you want, and ill add it

@legion666 : made the Shang Tsung Variation ideas, i later edited it and added it in here.

Li Mei
It's all good, I'm use to her getting ignored :p. Anyways I would like variations like this for her

Li Mei
Universal Moves:
-Karnival Kick(Pop up, EX has armor)
-Overhead Heel Flip(Hard Knockdown, EX pops up, Air OK)
-Nova Blast(Projectile, EX increased damage)
-and new move where she absorbs a projectile and recovers some health.

Iron Leg:
-Able to activate a buff where her kick based attacks do increased damage and is able to break armor, the buff lasts for about 8 sec.
-Also gets Hotaru's Grasshopper kick in this variation

Onslaught:
-Gains Chi-Block: a flurry of quick strikes that prevent the opponent from using meter for 5 sec. (EX leaves them standing)
-Gets a high command grab similar to Yun's in SF, where she just flips sides (EX allows combo potential)

Astral:
-Gains Celestial Aura (variation revolves around this) where she covers her body in a bright aura. Buff lasts for 15 sec. cooldown is 8 sec.
~Nova Blast also does increased damage while aura is up
-Astral projection: sends the aura to any desired location, and Li Mei appears there instantly (EX gives same properties as Mileena's Vanish)
-SuperNova: She detonates her aura, briefly blinding the opponent allowing for a follow up, but she loses her aura until the cooldown is over (EX hits from a further distance)
My take on what she could've been
My notable Members of Lore:

@KHAOTIC True Grave
@I Am The LK
@StealthyMuffin
@Alien Substance
@Forr
@Wetdoba
@Trauma_and_Pain
@Immortal
@legion666
@Afk Skinny
@DelSchokoladenSaft
@Tavaski

Last edited:

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
How dare you not properly capitalize Rain's name!

Anyways, I voted for Sindel, Khameleon, Rain and Baraka for KP2 but I'd be happy with Fujin (whom I'd rather not be in a KP but as a standalone download), Reiko and Havik as well (Poor Skarlet, Poor Sareena).

Nausea

Soul Ascended
One LK Unit with 3 variations of Cyrax/Sektor/Cyber Smoke, Reiko, Khameleon and Fujin for KP2! Then for some of the revenants and NPC's a Story Pack costing around the same (or maybe a little more) as the Blue Steel Sub Zero skin to fund ESL and other grassleaf tournaments to support the scene. That would be pretty ideal IMO!

MadeOfMetal

Dude didn't you already post a thread like this? Just put it in the general DLC discussion, no need for a whole thread.
no i didn't and in a general forum it won't give me the answers, other peoples DLC ideas, and the fun of making a place for all to come to talk about variation ideas.

general discussion is so cluttered no one would be heard, but only by the few people that sift through 75 pages.

this is a place that i and others can come back to and post great DLC, costume/Variation ideas...

TamedLizard

Buff George
Fujin, Bo' Rai Cho, Rain, and Reiko were my votes.

Seriously though, it was so hard to limit it to four. Keeping Fujin, I'd be fine if they interchanged the other three on my list for any of the others in the poll (slight preference leaning towards MK4-MKD characters) aside from Stryker, Frost, and Cyber Sub.

I'm just so ecstatic that we're getting more.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
Fujin, Bo' Rai Cho, Rain, and Reiko were my votes.

Seriously though, it was so hard to limit it to four. Keeping Fujin, I'd be fine if they interchanged the other three on my list for any of the others in the poll (slight preference leaning towards MK4-MKD characters) aside from Stryker, Frost, and Cyber Sub.

I'm just so ecstatic that we're getting more.
Beloved disciple, BRC must always be in your heart.

MadeOfMetal

I could've sworn I've seen you post this before.
i have posted on other threads, some small versions of ideas of smoke and shang... but not the full versions of them, and i definitely haven't made a thread about it.
but i understand the confusion since i have made small post in friends threads of these ideas, just it was so many pages into it, me and a friend felt we should make a thread.
not sure but i think i got into a TYM politics war, by having a difference of opinion in a jacqui thread/private council after patch.

i just picked up shotgun jacqui and noticed recently that her F121 last hit is an OH but does not come out on block. and i felt that was something that needed to be fixed. like make it a mid since it dont work, and allow it to come out on block. which would not give her to many tool's. or fix it and let OH come out on block and give her more tool, or simply remove last hit of it F12(1) just so it is fixed and not a dead move in the game.

but some others have talked about this months back, and they feel that added requests of Jacqui's movelist could draw Negative attention to some Good possibly strong kit changes after 8-31. and in fear of others hating on their favorite character lashed out on my attempts to correct what i felt was an obvious Movelist fail on NRS's part.

i then later Contacted Paulo and asked him about addressing this minor problem and what his thoughts where on this? and asked him if it would be too much trouble to Change either her timing or input on her 4U4 Stanky Leg string, since it is very difficult to execute consistantly.

i am currently waiting on his reply, i have on other occasions goten feedback from him, on other questions, sometimes he answers with just presents in patch notes or lack there of!