What's new

DLC Chars?

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I'm assuming DLC are now all allowed at tournaments right? Only way we are going to find out about them IMO

Tim Static

Adminerator
I'm assuming DLC are now all allowed at tournaments right? Only way we are going to find out about them IMO
Next big tourney is Summer Jam and the 3: Skarlet, Kenshi and Rain should be allowed. Freddy on the other hand, 3 weeks before isnt enough time.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Next big tourney is Summer Jam and the 3: Skarlet, Kenshi and Rain should be allowed. Freddy on the other hand, 3 weeks before isnt enough time.
Got it. I think we are going to allow him for one of our local tourneys (it's usually less than 20 entrants) but for majors, that answers my question. Thanks!

Noob
DLC characters. We need to begin collecting tournament data on them. Skarlet, Kenshi, and Rain are definitely going to be allowed, and I am HEAVILY leaning toward allowing Freddy. Freddy will be out for 2 1/2 weeks before Summer Jam. If he isn't HORRIFICALLY broken when he comes out, then I see no reason to disallow him. It will be a daunting task for any Freddy player to learn all the matchups, as opposed to anyone who plays other characters to have to learn a single matchup. We need the tournament data on all the DLC to determine if they are truly bannable. Remember NEC9, when Damdai purposely used Akuma in SSF2THDR because he found out he was broken(unblockable crossup demon setups) but they WOULD NOT BAN HIM until it was proven in tournament. Short story, Damdai goes to NEC9, dominates with Akuma, Akuma gets banned in SSF2THDR. This is how the MK9 DLC characters need to be treated as well.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I agree 9.95. Only way to really expose a char that way IMO. It will also greatly help the community determine the matchup chart also.........and maybe then people will stop complaining about Kung Lao too lol

Noob
I'll be speaking to Eric tonight about the need to allow DLC, including Freddy, at Summer Jam. Even if Freddy IS broken, odds are that we will still have to see multiple dominating tournament victories with him before we can consider the ban.