What's new

DLC... all quiet on the Western front

• Thread starter Deleted member 61096
  • Start date
I mean you gotta be pretty stupid to buy into a fighting game season pass without knowing what's on it. That's what leaks and datamines are for. They don't wanna talk to us right now because all

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
I keep going to bed each night, hoping to be surprised by a Kombat Pack trailer in the morning. It breaks my heart a little everytime it doesn't happen. I'd settle for renders at this point, just need something official to tide me over until they can give more detailed information.

gitblame

Noob
Pretty sure we will have an annoucement during Combo Breaker. It's biggest MK11 tournament with 800 entrants, big viewership, their hometown - probably Ed Boon, Tyler, 16bit all will be there.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
I’m speaking for myself here but they can shove those KPs up their asses for all that shit in the game they’ve made and didn’t fix properly. I’ll change my mind if they fix everything. Also, asking for money when you don’t show the goods is fucking amateurish at best. I can’t believe people let this shit fly. You have to be braindead if you fall for that without raising any questions.

Last edited:

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
I think an announcement at the end of this month is likely. We will get a Shang Tsung reveal and some silhouettes of the rest of the characters.

Honestly though, I'm expecting more leaks.
By reveal you mean a trailer? Because he was revealed with Noob

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Honestly that was so wrong from them but people shouldn’t buy stuff they don’t know about.

You better believe NRS wouldn’t be doing these kind of stuff if people didn’t pre-order the Kombat pack, like if people actually stopped buying their stuff until they show it they would do things differently.
They do it because people still bought it anyway.

Yeah, the silence is weird. No Kombat Kast, nothing. Not even a hint to a date. Didn't they promise to keep up communication?
My friend keeps asking me when his boy Shang Tsung's coming in, and I can never answer.

And if you shill these dlc practices you can pretty much go kill yourself now because snk, a company that returned from the brink of bankruptcy, is practically giving away free dlc in their season pass for samurai showdown. Sure they don't have a big company like wb breathing down their necks but hey

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
Honestly that was so wrong from them but people shouldn’t buy stuff they don’t know about.

You better believe NRS wouldn’t be doing these kind of stuff if people didn’t pre-order the Kombat pack, like if people actually stopped buying their stuff until they show it they would do things differently.
They do it because people still bought it anyway.
Yep. This should have been nipped in the bud years ago. Remember the backlash over Street Fighter X Tekken’s on disk DLC? Now look where we are. It’s like companies are now getting free passes just because it’s so common these days to see these practices.

They are busy dealing with the switch disaster I guess. And then there is their working conditions complains. Maybe DLCs will be delayed.

kantboy-2

Ripper
And NRS/WB have been asking for DLC money since Jan. Lol

And you have an on disk character (Shao Kahn) that you can't access unless you blindly gave them preorder money. Lol

:DOGE

Jason was also released to Kombat Pack owners May 5th and Red Hood was released to Fighter Pack owners June 14th. Both a month after the game came out. Around this time in the last 2 releases we would be having a Kombat Kast this week to show off the first fighter that would be releasing next Tuesday.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I think the leaks from the Switch datamine are somehow impacting the releasing off schedulle agenda regarding DLC info .... NRS is waiting and probably , will show first Shang Tsung only (since he was already officially confirmed) .... then, waiting one more month to show the rest of KP1 .... :(

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
This has been the least well-received release in NRS history. By NRS, I mean only the games under that studio name (MK9, INJ, MKX, INJ2), not the Midway releases.

They are in damage control right now. They released what could be considered an unfinished game and I'm sure they're busy as hell working on that first major update.

Also, it's possible that they're switching (no pun intended) around the DLC to make it seem like the leak was not legit (even though it was totally is). As in, Ermac and Mileena were not planned for the first DLC pack, but now they're replacing two from the leak with them. Everyone from the leak will still be in, but just not in KP1.

The only thing I'm sure of is that they're not just sitting around finger-popping each other's assholes at Netherrealm Studios. They're busting their asses to make sure that the people who paid their hard earned money are happy with the product.

We will see something at Combo Breaker, without question.

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
This has been the least well-received release in NRS history. By NRS, I mean only the games under that studio name (MK9, INJ, MKX, INJ2), not the Midway releases.

They are in damage control right now. They released what could be considered an unfinished game and I'm sure they're busy as hell working on that first major update.

Also, it's possible that they're switching (no pun intended) around the DLC to make it seem like the leak was not legit (even though it was totally is). As in, Ermac and Mileena were not planned for the first DLC pack, but now they're replacing two from the leak with them. Everyone from the leak will still be in, but just not in KP1.

The only thing I'm sure of is that they're not just sitting around finger-popping each other's assholes as Netherrealm Studios. They're busting their asses to make sure that the people who paid their hard earned happy are happy with the product.

very good one here, 100% agreed with everything you said ! :)

The only thing I'm sure of is that they're not just sitting around finger-popping each other's assholes at Netherrealm Studios. They're busting their asses to make sure that the people who paid their hard earned money are happy with the product.

Nice use of finger-poppin each other's assholes