What's new

DIY Converters to use PS3 and 360 controllers on PS4 or XB1

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
It does the same thing as the CronusMax and Titan One, it borrows the signal of the wired controller, I'd stay away from that, you'll have the same re-authentication issue when using it on a PS4.
Ah, okay then thanks for the help. Quesiton: With NRS revealing that previous gen arcade sticks will work (with MKX) on PS4, does this mean my HitBox will work on the PS4 with MKX? I'm just going to pay Gummo for the converter which is $140 to one of the systems.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Ah, okay then thanks for the help. Quesiton: With NRS revealing that previous gen arcade sticks will work (with MKX) on PS4, does this mean my HitBox will work on the PS4 with MKX? I'm just going to pay Gummo for the converter which is $140 to one of the systems.
You can have him mod your hitbox for probably cheaper.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
I'd rather have a converter, it's expensive to send it to USA and back from the UK :p
What hitbox do you have? If you are worried about money you can have gummo pad hack an xbox one pad and have him wire all the button signals, ground signal, power signal and data signals to screw terminas. Then all you have to do is connect the corresponding singals to your pcb. Since you are using terminals, the whole thing would be soderless. You can even use and imp as a swtich so you dont have to wire one up.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
What hitbox do you have? If you are worried about money you can have gummo pad hack an xbox one pad and have him wire all the button signals, ground signal, power signal and data signals to screw terminas. Then all you have to do is connect the corresponding singals to your pcb. Since you are using terminals, the whole thing would be soderless. You can even use and imp as a swtich so you dont have to wire one up.
Just the standard HitBox with a ps360+ in it. I'm going to be very honest, this is my first arcade stick (stickless, I know, you know what I mean) and I have no clue as to what some of the jargon you use means. I've sat and read a bunch of stuff on making arcade sticks and everything to try and understand it but I just don't get it, how do you learn this stuff with no experience? I don't know what to put where. I'm really new to this stuff and I find it hard to grasp, sorry if you find that frustrating but it's how it is :p

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Just the standard HitBox with a ps360+ in it. I'm going to be very honest, this is my first arcade stick (stickless, I know, you know what I mean) and I have no clue as to what some of the jargon you use means. I've sat and read a bunch of stuff on making arcade sticks and everything to try and understand it but I just don't get it, how do you learn this stuff with no experience? I don't know what to put where. I'm really new to this stuff and I find it hard to grasp, sorry if you find that frustrating but it's how it is :p
This is a generel a general primer. http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/125848/dual-modding-101/p1

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
any convertors that convert PS4 controllers to xbox one or ps3 controllers to xbox one? i have a hori real arecade pro 5 fight stick and it is an officially liscenced sony product that works for both Ps3 and 4 (without the need of the whole connecting the fightick to a DS4 bullshit)

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
any convertors that convert PS4 controllers to xbox one or ps3 controllers to xbox one? i have a hori real arecade pro 5 fight stick and it is an officially liscenced sony product that works for both Ps3 and 4 (without the need of the whole connecting the fightick to a DS4 bullshit)
For a stick you are better off doing a dual mod, but to answer your question yes and no. I also made a do it yourself ps3/xbox 360 to Xbox one converter using the same method as the one described in the first post. This converter recognized the Hori Rap V, when it is set to ps3 mode and dual shock 3 controllers. Its how I practice my kombos on Xbox one with my tournament ps4 stick.