What's new

Video/Tutorial Divebomb, 223 - 95% 1-Bar Reset by DevilMaySpy a.k.a. Emperor DMS

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I have spoken to several top Superman players about this, and they did not know it was possible, so I've decided to share it with the world.

Divebomb, 223, 3 MB Breath, J3, 3, Scoop, 3, Flying Punch/Breath leads to 62% damage with 1 meter in trait. My favorite gateway to this combo is F23, 3, Heat Zap, 3, Scoop, 3, Trait. That starter is a meterless 33%, which makes this entire reset 95% for 1 meter and trait. The Divebomb, 223 is a bit tight, but totally worth it when mastered. It is also easier to land when the Divebomb crosses up.

Please use this thread to give feedback and let me know of any more optimal setups for 1 meter and trait.

@KDZ

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Pants

Parry the World.
I have spoken to several top Superman players about this, and they did not know it was possible, so I've decided to share it with the world.

Divebomb, 223, 3 Breath, J3, 3, Scoop, 3, Flying Punch/Breath leads to 62% damage with 1 meter in trait. My favorite gateway to this combo is F23, 3, Heat Zap, 3, Scoop, 3, Trait. That starter is a meterless 33%, which makes this entire reset 95% for 1 meter and trait. The Divebomb, 223 is a bit tight, but totally worth it when mastered. It is also easier to land when the Divebomb crosses up.

Please use this thread to give feedback and let me know of any more optimal setups for 1 meter and trait.
That is just plain sweet!!! I'm going to practice it now!
I am most certainly not an advanced Superman, but I have a question nonetheless.

Is it possible to F23, trait, F23, breath Mb, b3, DASH FORWRD ONCE, 3, then a timed dive bomb OTG I think? Then carry on with next combo?

Remember, I'm learning Supes :)

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
That is just plain sweet!!! I'm going to practice it now!
I am most certainly not an advanced Superman, but I have a question nonetheless.

Is it possible to F23, trait, F23, breath Mb, b3, DASH FORWRD ONCE, 3, then a timed dive bomb OTG I think? Then carry on with next combo?

Remember, I'm learning Supes :)
Hi, welcome to the House of El! Replace standing 3 with J3 before the Divebomb for more damage. It's a midscreen reset that can crossup, then you immediately do F23 afterwards.

Last edited:

Captain Pants

Parry the World.
Aha!!! So that's the trick! With proper timing, the dive bomb will cross up, leading to another F23 string! OK, I'm very quickly becoming amazed by Big Blues ability to put the smack down on folks :D

Thank you for your help, Emperor DMS!

NorCalSamurai

Bacon Lettuce Tomato
Good stuff, I've been doing similar things in the corner over the last couple days, including the heat zap addition. Also remember that in a non-transition corner, after MB breath, you can do B3, J3, 3~scoop, 3~breath for even more damage and stay in the corner.

Because, you know, he needs it.

F23, 3~Heat Zap, 3~Scoop, 2, (31%) Divebomb, 3~trait, 3~MB Breath, B3, J3, 3~Scoop, 3~Breath (66%)

97% total, if I'm remembering the damage correctly. I'll test out what you've posted tonight and decide which has the least strict timing.

Thanks, DMS. Always nice to see new posts in here.

Last edited:

Captain Pants

Parry the World.
Yeah, NorCalSamurai, I picked him up 3 days ago an immediately fell in love....err, super love I guess...

Anyway, the B3 too J3 in the corner I found leads to ridiculous damage, and I also found out you need to jump TOWARDS the corner to J3 them in the air, its actually really fun to do.

Side note: not sure its viable....probably not....lol, but a traited Corner J3 to a 3, bounce cancelB3, J3, 3 xxMB breath, Zap, 1,1,1, scoop, 2,2, RG, laser is 82% lol!!!!!!!

Pretty sure that's never gonna happen.

NorCalSamurai

Bacon Lettuce Tomato
Yeah, NorCalSamurai, I picked him up 3 days ago an immediately fell in love....err, super love I guess...

Anyway, the B3 too J3 in the corner I found leads to ridiculous damage, and I also found out you need to jump TOWARDS the corner to J3 them in the air, its actually really fun to do.

Side note: not sure its viable....probably not....lol, but a traited Corner J3 to a 3, bounce cancelB3, J3, 3 xxMB breath, Zap, 1,1,1, scoop, 2,2, RG, laser is 82% lol!!!!!!!

Man, you wanna talk unviable?

J3, 3~trait, 3~MB Breath, MB B3, J3, 3~Scoop, 3~Breath. 72%, two bars. J3 is super slow, though. Very rare you'd land it as a jump in on a standing opponent.

And yeah, he's an awesome character. Even post-patch, has some serious fucking dirt.

I tend to neutral jump the corner b3, but maybe it has to do with combo carry.

Captain Pants

Parry the World.
Man, you wanna talk unviable?

J3, 3~trait, 3~MB Breath, MB B3, J3, 3~Scoop, 3~Breath. 72%, two bars. J3 is super slow, though. Very rare you'd land it as a jump in on a standing opponent.

And yeah, he's an awesome character. Even post-patch, has some serious fucking dirt.

I tend to neutral jump the corner b3, but maybe it has to do with combo carry.
That's even better. By those massive damage output combos I'm seeing don't really seem necessary, I am an online player.... ugh....no locals in my area....but I'm having NO problem dishing out punishes and controlling the spaces available.

Good god, can only imagine pre-patch @_@

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf

I've been finding some viable bounce cancels since the Theo and KDZ combos were posted after NEC.

*With you in the corner* Crossup Airdash J2, 223, 3, Trait, 3, Bounce Cancel F3, 3, Breath, J3, 3, Scoop, 3, Flying Punch. 72% 3 meters.
*OTG Reset, With them in corner* Traited Divebomb, 3, Bounce Cancel F3, 3, Breath, J3, 3, Scoop, 3, Flying Punch. 76% 3 meters.

These have saved my ass at a life deficit in the clutch several times.

Captain Pants

Parry the World.
I've been finding some viable bounce cancels since the Theo and KDZ combos were posted after NEC.

*With you in the corner* Crossup Airdash J2, 223, 3, Trait, 3, Bounce Cancel F3, 3, Breath, J3, 3, Scoop, 3, Flying Punch. 72% 3 meters.
*OTG Reset, With them in corner* Traited Divebomb, 3, Bounce Cancel F3, 3, Breath, J3, 3, Scoop, 3, Flying Punch. 76% 3 meters.

These have saved my ass at a life deficit in the clutch several times.
Whaaaaaaa!? Dude, is the bounce cancel F3 hard to hit online, I will straight up put that on somebody ASAP!!!! This is an awesome thread :D

Captain Pants

Parry the World.
Agreed with the connection stuff, it makes the online aspect more of a huge practice session, IMO.

There is a tourney 75 miles from me in February, the grand prize is 500 and the winners choice of an Xbox one or a ps4. It will be my first, if I think my supes is ready by then, I'm going. Thanks for the help everyone!

I'm not sure how to tag peoples names, I will figure it out. The FGC is a good thing, and I'm just getting started.

Later guys :)

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Video has been added to the OP. I used a F2 Scoop instead of 3 to make it undroppable. The difference is 3%. (30 vs. 33).

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I thought the dive bomb reset was known already? You can do 100% off of it as well.