What's new

Disney making Star Wars Episode VII

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Alright...

Ladies and Gentlement of Test Your Might:

You have brought out the true inner geek in me. The geek that not many outside of my close circle of friends knows of. Let me tell you a story.

One day, back in the Summer of 2002, during one of my long lapses between college courses: I felt like doing anything else in the world but studying. So I decided to buy a book at random. Had not planned this at all. Just wanted something new to read. So I chose the following:

Just a random book in the middle of a long 19-book series. Honestly, I think that I bought it for two reasons: It was Star Wars. It had a cute brunette on the cover.

After reading it, I was blown away. Not even knowing much of what was going on, as it was Book #10 in this series, and it still knocked my socks off. So I decided to start at Book #1 and read my way through to get caught up. Once THAT was done, I decided that I wanted to finish off the series, so I did a few years later. By this time, I told myself: "Alright, I'm done. Great stories, but I have to focus my free time on other things..."

But then came the day that I learned that they were releasing another book in a new series. So I was like, "Alright...I'll just read this one book to see how everyone is coping from the end of the previous series." Did that. Then I learned of another book. Decided to give THAT one a shot.

Rinse and repeat...rinse and repeat....for the next ten years. Which led to this:

"What's the point of me making this post?", you ask? I will tell you.

It is because it seems that a lot of you guys and gals have no idea on some of the great storytelling that takes place after Return of the Jedi. Disney is sitting on a GOLD MINE of source material. Hearing the news today of an upcoming Episode VII of Star Wars was the greatest piece of entertainment news that I had ever heard in the 21st Century. If they decide to go this route, instead of creating something new entirely, then all of you are in for a real treat. If not, then don't be so quick to judge. Hell, a lot of you are saying the same thing about Injustice. "Don't be so quick to judge." Have a little faith in Disney.

Oh, and by the way...

Disney is the group that distributed "The Avengers" during this Summer.

So suck it.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
This news is the best news ever since 1982 for the franchise

1-3 was done by lucas and co and its apparent and obvious that they arent fit for the job anymore

Disney has a HUGE line of success and I feel they will further the brand and steer it in the right direction with 7-9 starting w Leia's Training

Look beyond the name disney and you'll see this is a huge positive

Also Disney parks will now start construction on their star wars section and like i said further the genre
If they do that they'll need a new Leia. Really a new everyone because they're all too old now unless they chose to jump way ahead in time. I just can't see somebody other than Harrison Ford as Han Solo though. It's just... wrong.