What's new

General/Other - Hollywood Disadvantage after ex nutpunch 2nd hit whiffs

RetroPhysic

Woo Hoo!
So I was in the lab just testing stuff and I decided to go over what my options are after the second hit of ex np whiffs. It happens in real matches not consistently but it does happen. Usually if it happened I would go for B12(4) not knowing how unsafe I was. I'm sure this is known but it's not on tym but I wanted to put it out there so none of my fellow Cassie's get blown up for it.

Now during the video mileenas b12 stuffed my D4, D3, D+F1, F34, and with roll she punished my flipkick. if you find yourself in this situation you have a few options though.

Option 1: Block and take whatever your opponent throws your way

Option 2: Armor and blow up their follow up (which I think is pretty trash since you just spent a bar on an ex np) + If they just sit there and block you use two bars and get full combo punished.

Option 3: Flipkick, Yes I know it got stuffed by roll in the video but mileenas roll is 8f flipkick does beat out her b1 (11f). Another thing is sometimes the flipkick will actually whiff so Cassie will avoid contact if your opponent sits there and blocks, regardless as Scott the Scot pointed out a whiffed flipkick is not safe but you might be able to get away with it. You also can get blown up if your opponent just sits there and blocks the flipkick if it makes contact. Armor beats this out.

Option 4: Backdash, This is good if your opponent follows up with like a jab or something with not great range like Jacquis 6f S1. you can backdash and it'll whiff however this option is destroyed by forward advancing normals.

Option 5: 212, Problem with this is a poke will beat out the S2 since it is a high as well as armor.

Now I know that some people may not know the mu so if they see the second hit of the ex np whiff they'll still block and you can get away with stuff but I want to put it out there that you can be punished and to be careful.

Edit: Might've mistimed D3, Either way opponent can still armor before it comes out and interupt with a fast enough normal

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
not your turn is right, had no problem with the turn as much as the invulnerability. that move is a get out of Armor break setup free card.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
not your turn is right, had no problem with the turn as much as the invulnerability. that move is a get out of Armor break setup free card.
It loses to this crazy setup that's universal. A character knocks you down, and when you wakeup with the EX nutpunch the person can, get this, BLOCK!! THEN THEY GET A FREE COMBO BECAUSE CASSIE IS STILL RECOVERING!! I know, f***ing mental. Block setups... They just need to go. They're broke and ruin the meta of MKX.

MadeOfMetal

It loses to this crazy setup that's universal. A character knocks you down, and when you wakeup with the EX nutpunch the person can, get this, BLOCK!! THEN THEY GET A FREE COMBO BECAUSE CASSIE IS STILL RECOVERING!! I know, f***ing mental. Block setups... They just need to go. They're broke and ruin the meta of MKX.
im normally not for nerfing, but if its a universal nerf then, im down. remove it from the game, and make it fair NRS, no character should be allowed to continuously make you have to guess between unreactible 50/50's over and over. and whats worse is while you block them correctly they are rewarded with meter instead of the defender who is on top of their game?

Scott The Scot

im normally not for nerfing, but if its a universal nerf then, im down. remove it from the game, and make it fair NRS, no character should be allowed to continuously make you have to guess between unreactible 50/50's over and over. and whats worse is while you block them correctly they are rewarded with meter instead of the defender who is on top of their game?
Not got a clue what you're talking about mate, but lets just keep it on topic which is the advantage of the EX NP when the second hit whiffs in a juggle.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Dude I know this thread is supposed to be about the second hit of ex nutpunch whiffing leaving you at a disadvantage but holy fuck that might be the swaggiest Cassie combo I've seen lol

Also I edited the title to avoid ambiguity.

Tweedy

Noob
Cassie spends meter for 15% and plus frames, you block and get a combo for no meter.

Risk/reward my friend.

MadeOfMetal

Cassie spends meter for 15% and plus frames, you block and get a combo for no meter.

Risk/reward my friend.
yeah i won't push for nerf unless its a universal one on all, plus frame vortex like BS. so ima stay out of this one. have fun guys

Wigy

There it is...
What are you on about her 50/50 isnt safe unless you wana burn a bar and the vortex costs a bar.

MadeOfMetal

What are you on about her 50/50 isnt safe unless you wana burn a bar and the vortex costs a bar.
the game generally, with people having the option to even spend a bar to make others guess 50's. but like i said after that im out, and nevermind. id rather not ask for nerfs unless it was a universal thing, for all characters, but i seen this was a thread going after one charcater. and im not cool with that so im out.

Wigy

There it is...
the game generally, with people having the option to even spend a bar to make others guess 50's. but like i said after that im out, and nevermind. id rather not ask for nerfs unless it was a universal thing, for all characters, but i seen this was a thread going after one charcater. and im not cool with that so im out.
If she hits you she gets mid 20's (FOR A BAR) if you block most characters will punish that for mid 30s. As vortex's go its pretty crap, prepatch it was silly yeah.

MadeOfMetal

If she hits you she gets mid 20's (FOR A BAR) if you block most characters will punish that for mid 30s. As vortex's go its pretty crap, prepatch it was silly yeah.
wait why are you arguing with me... besides she gets alot more than 20% off her vortex. somepoepl know how to get 38%-40% sonic does 50 midscreen off something. im not a cassie player so here:

myri

Time Warrior
You should write up a thread about it; "Reasons why blocking should be banned."

Scott The Scot

wait why are you arguing with me... besides she gets alot more than 20% off her vortex. somepoepl know how to get 38%-40% sonic does 50 midscreen off something. im not a cassie player so here:

She doesn't get 50 midscreen. In Brawler she gets about 40 off of a jump in kick~air grab MB not from B12/F3/D+F1. Did you even watch Sonics video, man? Her vortex is corner exclusive and requires at least two bars. If you want it to be safe when doing the mixups then that requires a bar as well.

MadeOfMetal

She doesn't get 50 midscreen. In Brawler she gets about 40 off of a jump in kick~air grab MB not from B12/F3/D+F1. Did you even watch Sonics video, man? Her vortex is corner exclusive and requires at least two bars. If you want it to be safe when doing the mixups then that requires a bar as well.
scott whats up, did you read my last post, i didn't say off of B12 i said "off of something!" iu fugured it was off of a jik but wasn't sure, cuz i don't use cassie that much like i said. i just play against her alot. like i said im out, lol no hard feelings.

im not saying she needs anerf or anything, im actually trying to stay out of the conversation but everone keeps tagging me. lol.

i said she can get 50% of something after a vortex, and thats true, even if its with meter. odds are you can find yourself in the situation that they are below 50% health after a vortex. and thats a game ending OH that can't be AA'ed by most characters. so there is that. not saying she needs a nerf, once a agin, just saying she is a very strong character that im sure has her own weaknesses.

out once again.

Scott The Scot

scott whats up, did you read my last post, i didn't say off of B12 i said "off of something!" iu fugured it was off of a jik but wasn't sure, cuz i don't use cassie that much like i said. i just play against her alot. like i said im out, lol no hard feelings.
I didn't say you said it was off of B12, I threw the other options in my post because they're Cassies most common openers (as I'm sure you would know) compared to Cassies JIK which you won't always land; so that people who don't know about Cassie reading this won't just think "oh Cassie gets big damage midscreen".

Dude, if you're going to say "I'm out". Then be out. Stop replying to the thread lol. Just becasue you're out doesn't mean I'm not posting :p

MadeOfMetal

I didn't say you said it was off of B12, I threw the other options in my post because they're Cassies most common openers (as I'm sure you would know) compared to Cassies JIK which you won't always land; so that people who don't know about Cassie reading this won't just think "oh Cassie gets big damage midscreen".

Dude, if you're going to say "I'm out". Then be out. Stop replying to the thread lol. Just becasue you're out doesn't mean I'm not posting :p
well i don't want to be rude, someone tags me ill talk. and yeah i wasnt sure where you where coming from, but now i understand it was relevance that caused you to sated the options. not because you tought i said it. i misunderstood you. and you are right you won't always land, JIK it can be blocked, and you should let the general public know i agree.
TBH i havent had my morning dose of pain killers yet, so im a little cranky, give me a few hours and ill be Peachy ;) im in alot of pain every day.

Wigy

There it is...

Im arguing cause you keep coming here making outrageous stupid statements then saying 'im out'. You dont get to do that, either keep it to yourself or back it up.

Midscreen hollywood gets mid high 20s off the 50/50 unless you're in the corner, where you get high 30s low 40s.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about with this character from what you've said; so im out.