What's new

Dink's balance suggestions

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Hey guys! made a short video about what changes might be good to be implemented for the characters I play. Input and discussion is appreciated.

Hey dink. I'm excited to view this and will give feedback. I don't think Reptile will need any changes so there may not be any input from me lol

Riot Frenzy

Acidic Reptile
Hey dink. I'm excited to view this and will give feedback. I don't think Reptile will need any changes so there may not be any input from me lol
Reptile is a solid character but could use a buff or two like making his claw swipe a overhead or adding a meterless version of acid puddle and making the input d,b,1. I like the devorah suggestions but don't play any of the other characters enough to comment what they need

I completely concur with this post. The fact that the move is near useless and doesn't do what it's designed to do is incomprehensible to me. If Dvorah gets a faster wake up along with her jailing pressure, safe 50/50s and broken hurtbox, then Quan can at least get some adjustments on his Sky drop.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Reptile is a solid character but could use a buff or two like making his claw swipe a overhead or adding a meterless version of acid puddle and making the input d,b,1. I like the devorah suggestions but don't play any of the other characters enough to comment what they need
He does not need a buff. He's in A/A+ tier. He's one of the most balanced characters in the game imo. Even if he does get a buff, make it a slight one in Noxious

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
@STB Shujinkydink I actually agree with that Quan Chi DB4 fix. I hate how S1 or any move really, can counter it. It won't make him disgustingly broken at all too. His armored wake up is next to useless. He might as well have none, except for Yolo's.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Oh yes, and I think Unbreakable's ice shield should counter jump attacks and crossups, and maybe faster recovery? Anyway that's my opinion. Useless variation *smh*

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
These changes absolutely need to happen. There is no reason you should spend a bar on a read to armor through pressure and still get blown up because the string you armored lasts 9 years.

I agree, Dink.

Seeing the telestomp whiff on spectral made me laugh. That's so dumb
I know, right? Sektor's teleport gets the same treatment against Ermac (and neutral jumping in general); constantly whiffs (and loses to his slam). So frustrating. Some teleport hitboxes really need to get fixed.