What's new

Dink vs KevoDaMan $250 Money Match at Combo Breaker?

KevoDaMaN

The 6
Personally I'm not a fan of tier whoring, but I belive that the shit talking is mostly the reason for all the hate.

well I have to be honest, rewatching the video, even though you started being completely aggressive first at 3:56:45, Dink did say some passive aggressive shit even before that.

you ain't completely in the wrong man, I gotta be honest. you should still use them commas though.

my point about beating him on an even field still makes sense though, I agree with @Tweedy that it would be inconvenient for a sponsored player, but that's how you prove that you are not getting carried by top tiers.
An even playing field is with any character in the game. You do know that right?

RagingRicans

NetBattles
What does his grammar, slang or punctuation have to do with anything in this thread? Some of you people man... Anyway, i dont like the rule. Dink pick who you want, Kevo pick who you want and play.

Its much easier for a character loyalist to adapt to changes than someone who jumps characters, i would know since i main liu kang. If a top player (eg scar, foxy dragon etc) calls someone trash would you then tell them to use a random character against your main? Because lets face it, every top player mains a top tier. That rule sounds silly man. Just play under standard rules.
Nailed it, pal

Also, if you want to find out who's truly the better player. Why dont you both pick up no variation Sub and duke it out on even terms :)

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I like Dink, but he's trying to pull a fast one here and Kev is too smart and dedicated to his career to fall into the trap.

If Kev dedicates any time to a character he can't use at tournaments then he is wasting his time, but if he doesn't - Dink is probably going to whup him.

Picking a character now is a lose-lose situation for Kev. Very entertaining thread and video though.

Hiyomoto

Noob
This reminds me of when my friend loses against me bad, he says it's cause so and so have this tool and his doesn't. I don't know, if Kevo beat Dink 15-0 casually then I don't know about a tournament setting.

RagingRicans

NetBattles
This reminds me of when my friend loses against me bad, he says it's cause so and so have this tool and his doesn't. I don't know, if Kevo beat Dink 15-0 casually then I don't know about a tournament setting.
And what's the reasoning behind mentioning beating Kevo's kabal in MK9? Is Mileena that much more top tier than Kabal or what? What's the point of that statement lol

Hiyomoto

Noob
And what's the reasoning behind mentioning beating Kevo's kabal in MK9? Is Mileena that much more top tier than Kabal or what? What's the point of that statement lol
My first statement? It was to emphasize the fact that in fighting games, tiers can only bring you so far but at the end of the day, it all comes down to the players skill over one another. Complaining about a characters tier placement won't give you the round no matter what. Such as when people were calling Alien broken and what not but very few Alien players were placing consistently. The ones who were clearly had some type of skill gap between the rest of the players.

TLDR - It comes down to skill of the player to utilize his tools at the right moments and not the players favoritism towards top tier characters. This isn't always the case but that's how I view it.

RagingRicans

NetBattles
My first statement? It was to emphasize the fact that in fighting games, tiers can only bring you so far but at the end of the day, it all comes down to the players skill over one another. Complaining about a characters tier placement won't give you the round no matter what. Such as when people were calling Alien broken and what not but very few Alien players were placing consistently. The ones who were clearly had some type of skill gap between the rest of the players.

TLDR - It comes down to skill of the player to utilize his tools at the right moments and not the players favoritism towards top tier characters. This isn't always the case but that's how I view it.
I mean in dinks post lol

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
An even playing field is with any character in the game. You do know that right?
in my opinion a 5-5 match up would actually be the even playing field, the closest to that is not picking a top tier. expecially considering that the whole point is (again) to prove that you are not being carried by top tiers.

Nothing. It just hurts the eyes.
this.

didn't Kevo beat Dink's D'Vorah 15-0? I'm honestly not sure, but if so the pocket of a loyalist is rarely tournament ready.

anyway Dink's point is that Kevo is being carried by top tiers, that's why I think that the match should be done with Kevo not playing one.

Last edited:

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
This is low-tier hype tbh. All I'm seeing is, "I'm better than you but only when you're using Fisticuffs" or some shit. Even if you won it wouldn't mean anything, and if you lose you look like absolute trash. Kevo's doing you a favour by not agreeing to this.

If you're gonna do something, do it right.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
This is low-tier hype tbh. All I'm seeing is, "I'm better than you but only when you're using Fisticuffs" or some shit. Even if you won it wouldn't mean anything, and if you lose you look like absolute trash. Kevo's doing you a favour by not agreeing to this.

If you're gonna do something, do it right.
if he'd won it would mean that Dink's right when he says that Kevo's being carried by top tiers.