What's new

Dimitri Vegas Sub-Zero Gameplay

Kratilim

Noob
Yo this is what there working on over at NRS. Man they dont care about delivering a well designed game or even a working one. They want market saturation milk it with all of Hollywood since this guy andthe mountain are doing a "game off" at gamescom.
I hope you mean that sarcastically because putting someone like Dimitri in the game as a skin doesn't nearly take as much effort as you seem to think. Seeing how many ppl work on games, I doubt it took much time at all. And the guys doing the balancing of the game don't do any of the work involved to get skins in the game.

Kokoko

Somehow
yep .... WB and NRS need to realize that MK fanbase doesn't give a shit for both Ronda Rousey and Dimitri Vegas, lol ! It's not this that will make the game sell more copies, nope
I'm not sure that you got the main reason to invite people like Ronda. WB did it not for MK fanbase, because we'll buy almost anything related to MK anyway (we bought the game with Ronda's voice acting lol). But for people who don't give a f about the game, it may get their attention. Like "I like Ronda and she is in, interesting". Also, different websites not related to gaming spread news like this.
It's quite close to guest characters, WB and NRS don't add them for MK fans.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
I hope you mean that sarcastically because putting someone like Dimitri in the game as a skin doesn't nearly take as much effort as you seem to think. Seeing how many ppl work on games, I doubt it took much time at all. And the guys doing the balancing of the game don't do any of the work involved to get skins in the game.
It's not about what you think you know it's about what you can proove. I know for a fact that the game is buggy I also know for a fact that a small general patch came in almost 4 months in to the games life cycle when the problems were evident I know that Johnny's forcballs still whiff cassie's jump kick link off of amp low shot is still ugly as fuck. I dont have to go on with THE WELL DOCUMENTED issues that plague the title.

We know that they do everything under the sun to cater to people who dont play mk.

Whate we dont know are the internals of NRS I.E teams sizes who makes what decisions ext, and it's not for us know. Designed decisions are one thing that shouldn't be complained about sure but pandering for panderings sake we should be speaking period

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
I'm not sure that you got the main reason to invite people like Ronda. WB did it not for MK fanbase, because we'll buy almost anything related to MK anyway (we bought the game with Ronda's voice acting lol). But for people who don't give a f about the game, it may get their attention. Like "I like Ronda and she is in, interesting". Also, different websites not related to gaming spread news like this.
This for better or worse.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
It's not about what you think you know it's about what you can proove. I know for a fact that the game is buggy I also know for a fact that a small general patch came in almost 4 months in to the games life cycle when the problems were evident I know that Johnny's forcballs still whiff cassie's jump kick link off of amp low shot is still ugly as fuck. I dont have to go on with THE WELL DOCUMENTED issues that plague the title.

We know that they do everything under the sun to cater to people who dont play mk.

Whate we dont know are the internals of NRS I.E teams sizes who makes what decisions ext, and it's not for us know. Designed decisions are one thing that shouldn't be complained about sure but pandering for panderings sake we should be speaking period
Name a fighting game that isn’t buggy after 4 months.

There are literally articles on the front page of Eventhubs right now about people getting sucked into Samsho specials from behind and E. Honda’s sweep hitting on the other side in SFV.

Every fighting game has engine bugs and hitbox glitches that affect the gameplay. You guys need to expand your scope, educate, and stop demonizing devs.

You’re free to make fun of Dimitri Vegas though.. That’s legit ;)

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Name a fighting game that isn’t buggy after 4 months.

There are literally articles on the front page of Eventhubs right now about people getting sucked into Samsho specials from behind and E. Honda’s sweep hitting on the other side in SFV.

Every fighting game has bugs that affect the gameplay. You guys need to expand your scope, educate, and stop demonizing devs.

You’re free to make fun of Dimitri Vegas though.. That’s legit ;)
So wait it's the community's responsibility to educate ourselves on bugs?

Never once did I demonize anyone, that's the problem with America no one reads.. always takes everything to the maximum extream And cant tell the difference between criticism and hatred.

Kratilim

Noob
No, we don't know the internal team compositions within NRS. But since I'm a VFX/Tech artist in the games industry (not working for NRS), I can make a well-educated guess. It depends greatly on when they begin their next project. But most of the time, after a game is released, about 75% of the workforce gets transferred either to DLC depending on the size of it, or onto the new project when that available (more likely). So my guess for MK11 is that they have about 25% of the workforce on MK11 as they're still working on finishing up the DLC and ironing out bugs and some balance. Game development is stupidly difficult. No game will ever be bug-free. Demanding that they are is very closed-minded. Also, keep in mind that WB is making decisions based on what will earn them more revenue. Most ppl who would buy the DLC for MK11 have done so already. So all they need to do is finish up and keep the community entertained and focus on trying to get more ppl to buy the game. Could they be doing a better job on the current player base etc? Probably. Maybe. But it might not be up to NRS. But cut NRS some slack...

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
No, we don't know the internal team compositions within NRS. But since I'm a VFX/Tech artist in the games industry (not working for NRS), I can make a well-educated guess. It depends greatly on when they begin their next project. But most of the time, after a game is released, about 75% of the workforce gets transferred either to DLC depending on the size of it, or onto the new project when that available (more likely). So my guess for MK11 is that they have about 25% of the workforce on MK11 as they're still working on finishing up the DLC and ironing out bugs and some balance. Game development is stupidly difficult. No game will ever be bug-free. Demanding that they are is very closed-minded. Also, keep in mind that WB is making decisions based on what will earn them more revenue. Most ppl who would buy the DLC for MK11 have done so already. So all they need to do is finish up and keep the community entertained and focus on trying to get more ppl to buy the game. Could they be doing a better job on the current player base etc? Probably. Maybe. But it might not be up to NRS. But cut NRS some slack...
I can agree with this.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Welp, Ronda is no longer the worst voice actor in MK11. Officially.
Nah, I still think she is.

People have just gotten used to Ronda's voice now, and Dimitri Vegas' performance is new, so it feels more cringy.
It doesn't negate Ronda's performance though. Not one bit.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
yep, fair point .... anyway, despite the intention being pure marketing strategy tactics, the quality level delivered for the final product, is cringeworthy, doubtful, poor taste, and bad, really bad .... only blind fanboys could really aprove that, hehe

is just like when you use T&A hotness to promote something, if you gonna do it, at least, use a chick that is very good looking and a trully bombshell, right ? using a normal pointless ugly bitch will not help that good the marketing departament .... :p

Ronda Rousey brought attention, ok, no argument here ....but the final result is subject to high criticism so, it's a double edge sword scenario

... anyway, since money is all that matter , right ? in this case, the developers don't give a shit for what people think, if the game reached their finantial success goal , what seems to be in MK11 ... so, mission accomplished, they say ! :DOGE

Probably put him in to make Sonya sound better. You know how some beautiful women like to have an ugly friend with them when they're going out?

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Ed Boon can now make the ultimate troll tweet:

"We heard you loud and clear guys - Rain will be on Kombat Pack 2 and will be voiced by Dimitri Vegas."

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I am not a fan of the ultra realism direction MK11 has taken, especially using real people's faces for various characters. For me, it takes away from the experience and makes it very hard to suspend your disbelief and "imagine" yourself in the role of your favorite character. It's also harder to immerse yourself in the game that way. The only person who could really immerse themselves in the game while playing Sub-Zero would be that guy now.

They should go back to having the stylized character faces they had in previous games.

Last edited: