What's new

Digimon's guaranteed 74% corner X-Ray reset combo.

zee

Icy
This is an older video by devildigimon that I was aware of, but I haven't seen it at the CSZ forum so here you go.

It still works (...nothing with CSZ changed throughout the patches), but the timing is quite strict between the standing 4, standing 1 and b24.

Digimon's Video Description:

This combo is 100% Guaranteed in the corner or approching the corner.

Cyber Sub-Zero has something the tekken community calls "Magic 4" (4 or RK = the button on the controller). What happens is that when it hits on counter hit, it leaves the opponent in a juggle state. Well in MK9 it has that property. Except, it can be done mid combo (non conter hit) and HAS to be in the corner.

Also the damage reader reads the combo did 46% and THEN an additional 28% (which equals 74%). So apparently it's as if I did two separate combos. But that was indeed ONE FULL COMBO. That could NOT be teched rolled out of. If your opponent doesn't have more than 1 and 1/3 meter full...they can't breaker out of it either.

Fun stuff. ^_^

Hit the lab, people. We have another good use for CSZ's X-Ray. :)

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
You know I could never get this to work. It always combos for me for some reason

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

zee

Icy
I've managed to land it a few times, and it worked just like in this video.

If you exclude the standing 1, then this is an already well-known CSZ corner combo. However, its inclusion somehow causes the damage scaling to reset after b24.

The timing is strict, but whenever it has come together for me, I've gotten the full 74%.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
You know I could never get this to work. It always combos for me for some reason

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk
I can never get it to work either, and its nothing something I think I could depend on in an offline line fight when I needed it.

I just landed this in training and it kept the whole things as one combo for 54%, and yes I did include the 1 before the b24.

zee

Icy
I dunno what to tell you, lol. It's a fact that this is incredibly hard to execute, but I've landed it a small number of times. Each time it worked out to be 74%, and this was after patch 1.05.

I'll see if Digimon could shed some light on this -- maybe help out with the timing, if possible. As it stands, I realize it's no BnB. I posted this hoping that someone could eventually master it. It's a ton of damage, after all... when/if it works.

Hello folks. So this combo still works and hasn't been patched out it seems (I honestly thought it was patched out lol).

I just tested it now. It works.

In order to consistently get the reset u MUST do this combo as fast/early as possible. So that b+2,4 hits early and high enough, so when canceled into xray, the xray hits the opponent from behind.

Notice where CSZ's foot hits the opponent in the vid lol.

zee

Icy
Thanks for coming by, Digimon. Hopefully your input will help someone else land this reset at least once.