What's new

Didn't find an online pass in my new MK!

Frostbarrier

I Protect The Fridge!
Hi,

So I finally bought a new MK9 for PS3, BUT I didn't find an online pass inside, the game was a platinum edition, anyone knows what I should do ?

I googled everywhere but didn't find a place to actually buy one.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I'm guessing the online pass is already burned onto the discs for newer copies, but if your replacing an old copy and had an online pass before then it shouldn't matter, the old online pass will still be assigned to your PSN account.

Frostbarrier

I Protect The Fridge!
No I don't have an old copy! this is my first MK copy and my PSN account is clean, cuz it's new ... and inside the game it asked for a PSN, so I don't think it's burned in it :/

LuciusAxelrod

Robot Ninja
I have heard that you no longer need an online pass for the PS3 version. In fact, I played MK on my PS3 for the first time a few weeks ago (using a copy that was purchased by someone else at launch) and the game made no mention of needing an online pass when I went to play online.
It might have had something to do with the massive PSN outage the occurred shortly after the game was released.

Frostbarrier

I Protect The Fridge!
I have heard that you no longer need an online pass for the PS3 version. In fact, I played MK on my PS3 for the first time a few weeks ago (using a copy that was purchased by someone else at launch) and the game made no mention of needing an online pass when I went to play online.
It might have had something to do with the massive PSN outage the occurred shortly after the game was released.
perhaps you're right ... I hope customer service who sold me this game would help me in this ... thanks

Frostbarrier

I Protect The Fridge!
why would i be talking about any other game than mortal kombat, since this is TYM and thats what you made the thread for?
oh yeah :S hehe ... sorry , i thought u meant something general :p ... well I will try again tonight and see if i can access online without this pass, I promised Pig Of The Hut to beat him tonight :S ... i can't do that if i don't have an online pass :S !! shooot

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
I don't think you need an online pass for PSN, or XBL. I used the "Two Day Trial" for maybe even months now. I wouldn't know about PSN, as I had the pass with it. But XBL hasn't made me purchase one.