What's new

Question Did they take away all possibilities of an OTG for GL?

The example shown is bad but for those that didn't know we can still OTG. it still works with b1 and 223

People argue over the dumbest stuff lol. Nobody is in the wrong, this is ass but only if you dont know the timing and dont have trait. This can only be done in very rare situations where u can see fit as the player. This is a gimmick but something to think about as well.

Also stop crying its just a game.

Sent from my LG-MS840 using Tapatalk 2

But nothing, I am pretty sure there is no reason what so ever why anyone should use this over other options

The example shown is bad but for those that didn't know we can still OTG. it still works with b1 and 223

But nothing, I am pretty sure there is no reason what so ever why anyone should use this over other options
so??? was he supposed to not show what he found?

People argue over the dumbest stuff lol. Nobody is in the wrong, this is ass but only if you dont know the timing and dont have trait. This can only be done in very rare situations where u can see fit as the player. This is a gimmick but something to think about as well.

Also stop crying its just a game.

Sent from my LG-MS840 using Tapatalk 2
Ok dude...what part of what I said was "crying"? If this is a rare situation gimmick PLEASE fill us in with an example where this is better than doing the just frame OTG with B1 or standing 2 or going for a different set-up all together.

I said I was going to look into this and try to see if there something that can come from it. I urge other GL players to do it as well. But you naming this thread what you did shows that you don't keep up with the GL forums because it's been discussed quite a bit about how even after the big patch he still has an OTG. So how am I supposed to take you seriously before I even read what your post is? The video example you gave only really shows that it's possible. No situation where it would be viable or anything. So yes I felt the need to "cry" about it and lay out the problems with this.

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
Geeze guys. He's just showing that it's possible. Didn't say it was end all be all revolutionary tech. I'd bet any amount of money that if any of you found an otg involving anything you'd post the same thread. Chiillll

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
I mean it's not like this is don subzero tech or anything, stop treating it as such. Maybe this opens new possibilities? We just have to grind it out. You never know. Be open.

Alright everyone...as promised I've played around with this idea. Though it's not an actual OTG, it does take advantage of the "stand up" frames that this game has. I'm not sure on the actual number of frames and it's a bit of a tight window, but the timing is easier to get used to than the just frame OTG.

I've come up with a way to make this a little bit viable in the way of a mind game. Let's say you do an AA (anti-air) LM MB. As they're going down hit Trait. This can make your opponent think you're vulnerable by doing this and attempt a wake-up attack. At the moment necessary for this to work cancel the Trait animation into LM. If done within the correct window this will stuff wake-ups where the character actually moves and projectile wake-ups (projectile speed may vary results).

So there it is. A semi-viable situation to use this gimmick in match. But I still hold to my previous argument that this is a really big risk (being -26 risk). This is a gimmick that MAY work in an actual match once. I suggest going for damage that leads into a different, more safe, set-up.

So, interesting tech EnergyKD just not my cup of tea. :)