What's new

Question Did they take away all possibilities of an OTG for GL?

EnergyKD

AKA KHAOTIC Zeus
Because i found one, just do lanterns might on the very last two frames before your opponent hits the ground after MB LM. Super strict timing but its there. Sorry for the ass video didnt have time to take out my capture card.

EnergyKD

AKA KHAOTIC Zeus
Whats the points with all the fuss its just to show that you can otg LM after a MB LM.

Sent from my LG-MS840 using Tapatalk 2

zaf

professor
is this a troll? Why will anybody do this....
Give me a situation that this could be viable.

Why not just try it out online, or when training with people? Not like anything is on the line.
Just test it out yourself before you judge it fully. You are both looking at it on paper and not even using it.
How can you even fully judge it without playing and using it?

Whats the points with all the fuss its just to show that you can otg LM after a MB LM.

It's already been discussed that the OTG still works. But the fact of the matter is considering if this doesn't work you are extremely negative. The best thing to do after a LM MB is the ambiguous JI3 set-up. At least with that you'll be positive freeing up follow up pressure or spacing.

187x

Noob
Why not just try it out online, or when training with people? Not like anything is on the line.
Just test it out yourself before you judge it fully. You are both looking at it on paper and not even using it.
How can you even fully judge it without playing and using it?
Lol how can this be useful plz tell us. Was just in the lab btw, Still no use.

zaf

professor
Lol how can this be useful plz tell us. Was just in the lab btw, Still no use.
Just try using it on someone. In the lab there really is no use. Other then practicing the timing.
Just connect with a friend, and surprise them with it. See what happens...

187x

Noob
Just try using it on someone. In the lab there really is no use. Other then practicing the timing.
What are you talking about? The timing isn't hard, Why will anyone do this is the question. Their really isn't no use for it.

You're already in control in that situation with other, better, options. This is a gimmick. A huge risk (-26 on block I believe risk) for a very small reward.

zaf

professor
What are you talking about? The timing isn't hard, Why will anyone do this is the question. Their really isn't no use for it.
I am not saying it is hard. Just that there is not much to really use this for in the lab other then getting the timing down. If it is easy then awesome.

You're already in control in that situation with other, better, options. This is a gimmick. A huge risk (-26 on block I believe risk) for a very small reward.
I have seen so many matches won with gimmicks. The more tricks in the bag, the better.

Just saying that you should test something before looking at it quickly then disregarding it, thats all.
Who knows, someone might be expecting something else when you set this up and already be blocking differently.

I am not saying it is hard. Just that there is not much to really use this for in the lab other then getting the timing down. If it is easy then awesome.

I have seen so many matches won with gimmicks. The more tricks in the bag, the better.

Just saying that you should test something before looking at it quickly then disregarding it, thats all.
Who knows, someone might be expecting something else when you set this up and already be blocking differently.
My point is besides using a safer option to go for an unsafe gimmick that requires them to not block doesn't seem worth it. But, yes, I will look into this or some kind of variation in hopes of making it safer if that's possible. Just right now, a negative 20 something frame move on block is a gimmick I, personally, wouldn't want to utilize in a GFs with serious money on the line, you know what I mean?

zaf

professor
My point is besides using a safer option to go for an unsafe gimmick that requires them to not block doesn't seem worth it. But, yes, I will look into this or some kind of variation in hopes of making it safer if that's possible. Just right now, a negative 20 something frame move on block is a gimmick I, personally, wouldn't want to utilize in a GFs with serious money on the line, you know what I mean?
I definitely get that. There are set ups I wouldn't use in similar situations. But it does help to know and practice things your character can do despite how risky it can be.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
I'm pretty sure this is a conspiracy to make GL players do Yolo lifts to get full combo punished.

Please never do this. Standing still and doing b13 as they land achieves the same result and is safe on block.

I definitely get that. There are set ups I wouldn't use in similar situations. But it does help to know and practice things your character can do despite how risky it can be.
I agree in the sense that, like I said earlier today in different thead, good ideas can sometimes come from bad ones.

EnergyKD

AKA KHAOTIC Zeus
People argue over the dumbest stuff lol. Nobody is in the wrong, this is ass but only if you dont know the timing and dont have trait. This can only be done in very rare situations where u can see fit as the player. This is a gimmick but something to think about as well.

Also stop crying its just a game.